Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

th_cghanjoinpart.jpg

Well, I don't dare start another row, or I'll be late for this party tonight.

For anyone working on a square pattern like this that won't be finished all at once, I HIGHLY recommend the sheet under the squares method - WOW! It rolled right up beautifully! Snug under my bed now (with a foot sticking out, that is - of a king sized bed!) and safe until later...

I won't get more done on it tonight, but I'll Roll OUT the Blanket tomorrow....

Krystal, I am in AWE!!! You took so many different squares from so many different people, and you're putting together a 'ghan that looks like it was planned out so carefully!!! I'm totally LOVIN' this thing!!! :manyheart

And just think... when Jessie gets this, she's literally going to be able to swaddle herself in a king-sized hug from us!!!! :yay

Krystal - you are amazing. That looks so beautiful and I know how much work it is to join so many squares! Thank you so much.

I'm always touched at how the members here jump to help others. Jessie is a member here and I think that even though many of us don't know her, we all feel a bond. I look at this afghan and am just so touched by how so many people are working together to make this to comfort another member. The squares work so so well together and so many people care.

This really is a special place! :manyheart

Well, right now I've used up all of the squares that aren't plain pink. I'm probably going to use some of those in the girls' ghans... and I'm going to have some more come in this week, by the sounds of things. I don't know how many squares I still have to come in that will be the pink/brown/cream scheme....We'll see.

I think I should have enough for a lapghan at this point, for Jeff's mom.

Thanks for all of your compliments on the layout... It'll be slower going for the rest of it, as I've got to "fit it in" to the weekday. I would love if I could get these out by Friday, but I might just be dreaming on that one... I dunno.

It's been a looong weekend for me with family stuff (nothing bad, just busy) so there's also a lot of neglected housework to do... LOL!

Krystal,

YOU ROCK!!!!

I am so impressed by your eye for color & design. You have taken on a huge job & I thank you from the bottom of my heart:manyheart

krystal, what a wonderful job your doing, thanks for the idea about the sheet under the squares, i will be putting a ghan together for another member here and i was wondering how i could not finish it at once and l love your idea,

do you need anymore squares honey/ if so let me know and i can whip you some more of the colors you need. i thank you also for doing this for jessie and her girls how very hard to lose someone so thank you for doing this, :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

That is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it when it's all finished. Krystal, you've done an amazing job putting it together... thanks so much for all your hard work! :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

I know you're all willing to send me more squares, but I'm afraid if you send me more, I'll be joining afghans FOREVER! LOL! I'm going to use up what is sent to me in the next days' mail and then get these afghans on their way. Thank you!

That sheet idea really came about because I didn't wash my floor before laying the squares down, and wanted to protect the squares. Rolling it up came later... It's tucked very safely now, and I don't have to set out the squares over and over. I'll be using that Idea with the daisies as well now!

I have to find the flat surfaces in my house after this crazy weekend... Not sure how much I'm going to get done today. :(

We all know that Krystal is just amazing! :hug as a crocheter :hook and as a person!:yes

K - have you thought about updating the title :think to 'enough squares - thanx'? A lot of ppl don' read thru long threads and I'd hate to see you bombarded with more.

The ghan is just beautiful! :c9 I'm sure jess will :manyheart it!

WHAT! You are supposed to wash that floor in the kitchen. No wonder I thought I had a new kitchen floor - it just needs to be washed! LOL! Seems like a waste thou - cuts into crocheting time. I don't suppose spraying gravy on the floor and setting the dog loose would be considered cleaning the floor would it?