Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

Well, a few more hours til my maillady comes. I didn't receive a phone call, so there must not have been too many for her to cart around. Sometimes I think they hold things there if they don't feel like taking a bunch of stuff, instead of delivering them. This would backfire on them, though - as there's likely to be MORE tomorrow.

Well, a few more hours til my maillady comes. I didn't receive a phone call, so there must not have been too many for her to cart around. Sometimes I think they hold things there if they don't feel like taking a bunch of stuff, instead of delivering them. This would backfire on them, though - as there's likely to be MORE tomorrow.

I suspect our PO does the same so I was snickering when I thought of them holding your things and then getting an avalanche tomorrow:devil you could be getting that phone call then. It is great that your girls are able to work with you on this comfortghan it is rewarding to be able to do something so worthwhile together.

Krystal16:

Just mailed out three squares and postage. Colors: One Cream, One Victorian Rose, and One Chocolate. She says you should have them in 2-3 days.

Laurine/Dragonfli

My postal carrier doesn't even bother. I had a problem at Thanksgiving. I just happened to be in the post office after Thanksgiving and they handed me 5 boxes. To make matters worse, the postal carrier didn't even leave a slip in my mail box so I had no idea the boxes were at the post office.

My postal carrier doesn't even bother. I had a problem at Thanksgiving. I just happened to be in the post office after Thanksgiving and they handed me 5 boxes. To make matters worse, the postal carrier didn't even leave a slip in my mail box so I had no idea the boxes were at the post office.

oooh, we had a maillady once who did the same thing!!! I was expecting a package, so I kept checking the mail, after a week I tried to catch her, and one day I finally did, and she told me that she never brings packages because no one is ever home, so after a week then she leaves a notice in your box saying you have two days to pick up the box at the post office or it will be returned. She will not deliver the box because when she does that then the people are never home! and she said her supervisor is ok with this! I lived in an apt, and she drove a large truck! it's not like she had to carry the boxes on her back!

Krystal, my 3 squares are finally in the mail, Priority Mail. You should get them Friday or Saturday.

1st one for Jessie is Circle of Friends in RH Sandy Print; 2nd & 3rd ones are for the girls: Guardian Angel I from Heartmade Blessings done in Bernat yarn. 1st Angel is white with Light Damson and Pale Antique Rose and 2nd angel is Pale Antique Rose with Dark Burgundy and Light Damson. I loved making the angels...they shape up nicely and look so sweet! Photos are clickable.

th_CircleofFriends.jpg th_angelsquares2.jpg

I wanted to make more so badly! I kept attempting ones that were just too difficult for me and spent too much time on them: Center Heart and Wings of Hope both from Heartmade Blessings. Just couldn't get 'em to work out when adding the "square" part of the pattern!

Again, thank you for starting this! I'm glad I could do my little part and along with everyone else, I say thank you for all the hard work you have done and are going to do. You're an :angel!

EDIT: Here are big THANK YOUs :ty:ty:ty as well to your DD, DS and DH for all the help and support they are giving you. That is so wonderful!

Keeping Jessie and family in our prayers....:hug:manyheart

I received squares/cards/donations from the following people today:

bettycrackpot

birdlady1

cat3crazy

catheryn

crochethen

crochetlady100

Daisy

FLowerpower06

flyinghooks

Ilene

jmccrochet

kambicon

KellyA

LaurieE

lilybean

luckybmr

mellowe67

Nght

salos

theworm

yocs22

There are 36 squares for Jess' afghan and 43 for the girls' ghans. So far, that's a 48"X48" for Jess (appx) and a 32"x40" each for the girls. I think we're doing great..

So that's 79 hugs of yarn so far? And more coming?! :cheer:yay

I don't know 'bout the rest of y'all... but I'm SO glad we're doing this!!! :yes

I am LOVING all of these squares - absolutely beautiful!

Do you think I should join Jess's afghan in a darker (brown) color, or in a lighter (fisherman/ecru) color? I can't decide, and I need to buy the yarn tomorrow...

I won't be on much tomorrow, BTW. Construction has gotten to the point where hot water AND stinky drain pipe are going to be disconnected. Time to head out of the house!

I'll be here after 4PM EST, though.

Krystal here the the squares i mailed out to you today....

2007_0314squares0003.jpg

2007_0314squares0002.jpg

Hope these are ok Thanks so much for all your hard working and putting this together

Karen

that's ... I won't say it!! sorry, but it is! talk to her supervisor, or to the supervisor's supervisor! if its sent to you, they are to deliver it, or at the very very very least? leave you a notice with appropriate time to pick it up! (shaking head) some people lol! when I lived in an apt., and knew I was expecting a package I'd put this 2 (yes TWO) page note on the outer door, written in 28 point font telling post man please ring and WAIT! (I caught them a couple times, running for their truck (I was on my wait out, and had just heard the bell ring!) lol! so, defend yourself! (sorry, I'm not trying to be nag nag nag :) it just bugs me! she gets paid, then do the work.

oooh, we had a maillady once who did the same thing!!! I was expecting a package, so I kept checking the mail, after a week I tried to catch her, and one day I finally did, and she told me that she never brings packages because no one is ever home, so after a week then she leaves a notice in your box saying you have two days to pick up the box at the post office or it will be returned. She will not deliver the box because when she does that then the people are never home! and she said her supervisor is ok with this! I lived in an apt, and she drove a large truck! it's not like she had to carry the boxes on her back!

Oh, Kwools, your squares for Jessie are going to match mine exactly! I think we used the same yarn and a similar pattern.

I didn't take a picture before I sent it out, though.

Krystal, you should get it today or tomorrow.

that's ... I won't say it!! sorry, but it is! talk to her supervisor, or to the supervisor's supervisor! if its sent to you, they are to deliver it, or at the very very very least? leave you a notice with appropriate time to pick it up! (shaking head) some people lol! when I lived in an apt., and knew I was expecting a package I'd put this 2 (yes TWO) page note on the outer door, written in 28 point font telling post man please ring and WAIT! (I caught them a couple times, running for their truck (I was on my wait out, and had just heard the bell ring!) lol! so, defend yourself! (sorry, I'm not trying to be nag nag nag :) it just bugs me! she gets paid, then do the work.

After hearing all the horror stories about post people I count my blessings my mail lady will park her truck in my driveway early in the am if I have a box and even wait to make sure I get them before leaving ..though I have a sub and new upstair tentant so my packages are starting to disappear again

After seeing them laid out, I'm pretty sure I'll join jess' with brown, and the girls' with white.

For those that did the Blue Afghan CAL, I'm going to join them in the same fashion as the star was joined to the block-wedge-block group. :D

K