Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

Hi Krystal:

Well, I have been practicing on the squares, and have memorized the pattern, and I think I am doing pretty well on them. I have 4 that I am sending you. They will go in tomorrow's mail as I missed the outgoing for today. I hope they are good enough for your projects. I would add a picture of one of them here, but I don't know how to upload one.:manyheart

YOu know I never thought to call my post office, but I did yell at them when I sent out some squares to someone else today. LOL They looked at me weird when I assked for deliver confermation and insurence.

I'll call them tomorrow with my fingers crossed.

YAY! We have another name tagged... :D

AND>>>>>>

I laid out the two girls' afghans. I had a much harder time making things appeal to my sense of color, and I got *close*, but it's not quite as appealing to me as Jess'. Hopefully, the girls won't mind! I *did* have about 6 squares leftover, but those were mostly duplicates of plain colors that are already in the square.

th_cghanpurple2.jpg

th_cghanpurple1.jpg

The girls' ghans look beautiful! I know that Jessie and the girls will feel the outpouring of all the warmth, love and hugs that have gone into these comfortghans!

:hug:manyheart:ghug

Krystal, I think you're looking at them with 'adult eyes'. The younger set likes bolder patterns than we do. I know the girls will absolutely love these afghans. And when they learn that 'unmet friends' of their mom made each one just for them they are going to feel so much love and caring. At a frightening time in their lives we're surrounding them with love and warmth and hope.

Krystal, I think they look great the way you have them laid out. The girls will love them. Just a passing thought, but I know that both of them will have baby dolls, maybe with the extra squares, you could make them each a baby doll blanket, 4 squares would be the right size. I'd be happy to send you some yarn to do that for them.

Wanda Kay - I think I have exactly 8 squares left over! I'll make baby doll blankies out of them! Good idea! (Maybe I'll have DD or DH put them together.... )

Poison Apple - PM me with exactly what you sent, when you sent it, what kind of envelope, how you sent it, where it was sent from, etc.... I'm heading to my PO tomorrow, and I'll see if they can help me. THey're usually really nice.

Today's mail brought two things from:

mizduck

minwifeof4boys

Thanks!

I've got the first girls' ghan about half joined on the horizontal. It goes a lot faster when it's only 5 squares across! LOL!

That's a great idea! That way if they carry their baby dolls with them, they'll have a piece of their afghans with them.

I think the girls' 'ghans look great, Krystal.

But, as a color junkie, I think I know what's "wrong" with the one you have labelled as #1 - there's too many pink squares on the bottom. Try switching out the two inner hot pink squares on the end row with the pink/black squares on the top row (unless that's the 'ghan you've already joined, then feel free to ignore me, lol!). That might balance it a bit more to your eye.

But as is, it's very cool and graphic art looking, which is the style now.

You really don't need to switch anything up at all, though. They are awesome as they are.

*that* would be the one I just finished joining all the horizontals! ~LOL~ It was also the one I put 2 of the same square in, which were intended to be separated, one for each ghan!

I was on a "color" mission, and didn't pay ANY attention to which squares were hitting which ghan, so... I goofed!

So, horizontals are done on one row....

I have to do my taxes this weekend and make vacation reservations, but it would be SERIOUSLY nice to get this out on Monday. I have to look up to see where DHL is near me and what their rates are. I'm thinking this is going to be one humongous box. I think I'd rather pay oversize charges (if there are any) than split this, as I think it would be nicer for everyone to get their stuff at once. Plus, you have all been generous enough for that to happen.

I will probably mail Jeff's mother's directly to her, if Jess thinks that's a good idea.

Am I waiting on any more squares? (Aside from Poison Apple, that is)

OK, the one afghan is assembled. Just have to border it. But, I'm going to assemble the 2nd afghan first. That way, I will know how much time I have to do a border. I'll probably do a larger border for the girls' ghans than Jess'. I might just do a shells border, I don't know... It's got to be pretty and fairly quick. Shells seem to fit the bill here.

Taxes today. :(