Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

Absolutely wonderful!!!!!! Is that my flower square smack dab in the middle? Jessie is really going to love this.

So you are my neighbor! Mine are the ones directly east and south of yours then :)

That is gorgeous! Krystal, you've done an amazing job at coordinating this and I think we all need to give you a big standing ovation for the time, effort and caring you've put into doing this for Jessie. :hug

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

I pretty much expected that. Leave it to me to be the first person to have their squares lost in the mail I'll paypal some money for shipping tomorrow. PayDay yay! But really Krystal...everything looks so pretty. I can't wait to see the girls ghans also.

Wow Krystal....It is absolutely gorgeous. Can you just feel the good thoughts and karma permeating your house right now? So many prayers and good thoughts and good wishes were included in those squares as they were being made. I am so sure Jess will feel them all as well.

PA - SO SORRY your stuff is MIA! That totally vacuums! (what my teenagers say instead of saying that somethings s*cks...I hate it when they say that and banned the phrase from my house!)...anyway, they have to turn up at some point...I'll cross my fingers as well along with everyone else.

I pretty much expected that. Leave it to me to be the first person to have their squares lost in the mail I'll paypal some money for shipping tomorrow. PayDay yay! But really Krystal...everything looks so pretty. I can't wait to see the girls ghans also.

PA, I am so sorry.:( Unfortunately, it happens. Another member sent me a 12" RAOK square that got lost in the mail. I felt so sorry that she put all that work into it only to lose it.

Krystal

The afghan looks fabulous. You really did a terrific job of putting it all together.

Everyone the squares are beautiful.

PA -- still thinking good thoughts that yours will make it to Krystal

Joyce

That is just beautiful. Everyone did such a beautiful job and it is so heartfelt. Krystal - how wonderful of you to organize this and join them together. It will, no doubt, hold a very special place in her heart.

It just struck me that we only show this much love and caring after tragedies. It would be nice if we did this type of thing "just 'cuz".

I'll climb off of my soapbox now :)

Burgandy - you are right, of course!

I have been doing a lot of this type of thing lately. I know it's not exactly what you mean, but I have been making sure that my afghans that I donate to charity are as good as anything that I would give to someone that I know for a gift. I don't want any of these (mostly) children or their parents thinking that they're getting second-best... At least, I hope not!

Kids are almost in bed, and washer isn't hooked up, so hopefully off to crochet for a bit before DH comes home...

Hey Krystal16, I checked out your blog and looked at all of your charity stuff. It is all beautiful, absolutly top of the line and I am sure your comfortghans bring smiles and comfort to each person/child that receives one. You sound like such a busy mom, I don't know how you do it all! After work and family at the end of the day I am lucky to grab an hour or two to myself and my hook!!

Dragonfli - I crochet as I go. I always have a project nearby, ready to be worked on, and I work while teaching DS10. It actually helps me, because I'm not impatient for him to finish something... I don't breathe down his neck! LOL!

But the good news is that I finished Jess' ghan a little while ago. I've got a few ends to weave in, but nothing major. I did a round of sc and THEN did my simple border. It looks a bit like rick rack. DH said with so many different patterns and colors of the squares, it would be best to keep the border simple; I was worrying that I should put a "better" border on it than I did.

I'll post a pic of the border tomorrow.

Now, to the girls' ghans! :D

Dragonfli - I crochet as I go. I always have a project nearby, ready to be worked on, and I work while teaching DS10. It actually helps me, because I'm not impatient for him to finish something... I don't breathe down his neck! LOL!

But the good news is that I finished Jess' ghan a little while ago. I've got a few ends to weave in, but nothing major. I did a round of sc and THEN did my simple border. It looks a bit like rick rack. DH said with so many different patterns and colors of the squares, it would be best to keep the border simple; I was worrying that I should put a "better" border on it than I did.

I'll post a pic of the border tomorrow.

Now, to the girls' ghans! :D

Been doing a lot of cleaning today, plus had some running around. Haven't been at the squares yet today.

I got a package in the mail today from Rhionna!

PA - I'm not sure WHAT happened to your squares! :| I mean, I've received squares from Italy and ENGLAND before I got your envelope. That's just not right! Let's just keep our fingers crossed again.... and some more....

PA and Krystal -- What about each of you calling your local post offices and explain what has happened? You never know...if someone will look for it, it could be laying around somewhere in either post office.

Some of us have prayed for it to make it and it's gotta be somewhere and I know God knows right where it is. It's just waiting to be found!

That happened to a Christmas package I mailed one year. We traced it and come to find out it never left my post office and a clerk found it months later...only because DS never quit bugging them.

Still praying it turns up!!!

:hug:manyheart