Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

am so glad you got my square. hope you get to put it in one of the afghans. cant wait to see them all put together. this is my first time sharing a square. makes you feel real good to help out and be part of it:c9 . thank you nana

AngelFairy, is the pattern for the "X" square available online? I've seen other pics of it and I like it. Thanks!

Lovely work on your squares...they look great!

Here's one that is very similar to the "X" square .. only has more of a filet look.

http://www.geocities.com/mooncat48/Patterns/Squares/FiletGranny/filetgrannysq.html

Hope this is of some help.

Alright, time to get REALLY excited. (Is it bad to be excited for a comfortghan?)

First thing you need to know about *me* is that I'm REALLY particular about colors. I'm not a "throw it all together" kind of person. It's just against my nature... so, you'll understand my approach a little better, knowing that.

Here I took all of the squares and piled them by solid/pattern and then color/hue. (I SAID I'm anal)

th_cghanpiles.jpg

Then I started with one square and worked out from there.

th_cghanlaidout.jpg

Here it is, all laid out. I LOVE IT! By the way, that's my kitchen floor and a king sized bedsheet it's laid out on.

NOW, before all of you whose squares haven't come in begin worrying... Your squares will be put into ANOTHER afghan that I will tag for Jeff's mother. I will put that one together after I do the girls', to give them all plenty of time to get here. I would love to wait for more of your squares to get here, but if I dont start assembling this 'ghan today, it will be an extra week. And I'd really like to get this to her sooner rather than later.

What do you think?

th_cghanlaidout.jpg

Here it is, all laid out. I LOVE IT! (SNIP) What do you think?

Krystal - you are amazing. :cheer:clap:cheer I'm anal about these things too and I'll admit I've been thinking.. "How is she EVER going to make all these variations on rose/pink look nice?" YOU DID!! :yes It looks absolutely lovely! 80" x 88" is awesome too! :yay

Great idea on more extra squares for Jeff's mom...

Very pretty and it looks like it was created by one person with an exact thought of placement.

I assemble ghans for another charity group and know what it is like to assemble and be very comfortable with the placement as well as the eye.

You have a great gift!! :cheer:clap:cheer:manyheart

Thanks, ladies...

I just had to take a break.. was sitting there joining these and realized I had to eat - I got so excited getting ready to do this, I forgot to eat Breakfast (It's nearly noon here!) :lol

The joining is going pretty quickly. I will have to stop around 2:30, no matter what, though - I have a family party to go to, and 3 kids and clothes and clean and all that good stuff, too.

I'd like to get the horizontals at least joined by then.

Is anyone here familiar with the USPS shipping size restrictions? Can someone find that out for me? I know there's a max length+girth thing, but I don't remember what it is. I'd like to send this priority/first class....

I know I could look it up, but I'm on dial-up and meal break is OVER! :D

I think the layout is marvelous. I even made my husband come and admire (and he's not into this stuff at all.. lol.. but he does think we're doing a very nice thing).

One for Jeff's parents is a good idea too.

Thanks, ladies...

Is anyone here familiar with the USPS shipping size restrictions? Can someone find that out for me? I know there's a max length+girth thing, but I don't remember what it is. I'd like to send this priority/first class....

I know I could look it up, but I'm on dial-up and meal break is OVER! :D

From the USPS web site: Weight cannot exceed 70 pounds.

Length + girth (distance around the thickest part of the package) cannot exceed 108 inches. (Parcel Post cannot exceed 130 inches.)

Hope that helps.

You did a wonderful job laying those out. :clap

Joyce

Here's the link to the USPS site for box restrictions:

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm100/what.htm

Just in case the link doesn't work here's what it says:

Weight cannot exceed 70 pounds.

Length + girth (distance around the thickest part of the package) cannot exceed 108 inches. (Parcel Post cannot exceed 130 inches.)

Hope this helps...Debi

WOW! Krystal, it's AWESOME! You truly have an eye for placement! Thank goodness I had my husband around when I was assembling mine, I have no idea about color!

Before you do USPS, try DHL - I have sent NUMEROUS bigger packages using them and they deliver to door with siggy and it's usually WAY cheaper than USPS for something that big!

this is what I found

The maximum size for most mailpieces is 108 inches in combined length and girth. Parcel Post pieces may measure up to 130 inches in combined length and girth (but will be charged oversized rates).

Balloon Rate - A rate charged for Priority Mail and Parcel Post items that weigh less than 15 pounds and measure more than 84 inches but no more than 108 inches in combined length and girth.

After posting, I realized that while I was looking up the information there were many other members doing the same

th_cghanlaidout.jpg

Here it is, all laid out. I LOVE IT! By the way, that's my kitchen floor and a king sized bedsheet it's laid out on. I would love to wait for more of your squares to get here, but if I dont start assembling this 'ghan today, it will be an extra week. And I'd really like to get this to her sooner rather than later. What do you think?

I'm extremely impressed! First, by you, Krystal, for taking on this incredible project. You have your work cut out for you! Second, by all the women (and men?) who have contributed to these masterpieces. I'm not sure I've EVER seen such a huge coming-together for a relative stranger and her family!

Krystal, I assume from your email that Jess' afghan will be put together essentially as you have pictured it here. Other squares will be used for the girls and Jeff's mom and pop. So tell me again and again and again how huge Jess' afghan will be????!!!!!

Krystal, it's lovely. It's funny how many of us did the same pattern with a very similar colorway, too. It looks so planned and meant to be.

It is 11 squares wide (88") and 10 squares high (80")...so, big enough to drown a king sized bed! LOL!

Oh, and I was stretching my neck as you sent me neck rubs... :D

I am glad I laid this out on a sheet, because I just realized I could roll it up like one of those puzzle mats if I don't get it finished. That way, my squares will stay where I want them to! Actually, I *know* I won't get it finished before I have to stop...

:(

Everybody's squares are just gorgeous, and Krystal did an amazing job of organizing those colors in an incredibly beautiful manner. I know Jess will absolutely love this, because how could she not? :hug to all!