Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

Does this dub me the QUEEN OF THE AFGHANS?

Absolutely. You did a great job putting this all together in a relatively short amount of time. The crown, and title that comes with it, is well deserved :nworthy

Joyce

Krystal,

I'm glad you got enough donations to cover the shipping, because from the looks of it, it could cost a small fortune to ship! Great thinking whomever sent the stuffed animals and cards, stuff like that never even crossed my mind!

Burgundy,

If you figured we had 80 people donate, and they each donated a few dollars each... well, there was PLENTY for shipping, and Jess will surely find good use for the rest.

Let me know when someone else deserves the crown and scepter - we'll keep passing around the Crown of Good Deeds Avatar...

Let me know when someone else deserves the crown and scepter - we'll keep passing around the Crown of Good Deeds Avatar...

What a great idea Krystal! Always thinkin' aren't ya?!?!

Joyce

Krystal - You deserve all the praise, honor & recognition that has been bestowed upon you!! You are an inspiration to me! :bow:queen:bow My mama would have also told you that you'd have an extra star in your crown for this great act of compassion!! Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:manyheart:hug

DOMESTIC GODDESS??? :rofl You've GOT to be joking!

My house passes health standards, but Martha would fall down in shock! LOL!

I have a plaque I'm having made (by my mother) that says:

"If you've come to see me,

walk right in.

If you've come to see my house,

MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!"

I have a sign on my (big white appliance that cools & attracts magnets & various newspaper clippings.. since I evidentally can't spell and "fridge" becomes "****" which gets the star treatment. LOL) that says

"You may find this house a mess,

Sit down, Relax, Converse.

It isn't always like this.

Sometimes it's even Worse!"

:)

The ghans look gorgeous. I am sure Jess will be touched by the love she has recieved. This is a truly thoughtful and kind gesture. Thank you Krystal for putting together this effort for her.

When I mailed the package LATE on tuesday, the maillady said it should be to Jess on Friday. I let Jess know to keep an eye out for a package, and she was excited! Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it will get there tomorrow. :D

I am waiting on 2 more squares from Happy Hooker (hers got returned from postage) that I will include with Jeff's mother's ghan. I hope to get that one out beginning of next week. This is a busy time of year for my family, so things are crazy now.. :loco

Well, I PM'd Jess the information, and she said she'd make sure she got to it after dropping of her daughter to school, she's picking up company as well. I didn't realize, but Saturday is Jeff's wake - so everyone will be there, and perhaps it was a blessing in disguise, she may need more hugs today than yesterday. We should hear shortly...

All the afghans came out beautiful!! 80 people!! WOW! I see that the package is at her post office and just needs to be picked up. I think the timing worked out well,...seeing that the there is a service this weekend?

Her and the girls will be so delighted with everything. Great job to take it all on!

Yes, I saw that last night! :cheer

Jess has the wake tonight, a six hour ordeal, so I wouldn't expect to see her in here today. But we can know that our afghans made it there for her and hopefully can bring her some comfort at a difficult time.

:manyheart

I just have to say.....what a wonderful sweet gesture from everyone that made a contribution. I'm sure that it will definitely feel like a great big hug to her. All the ghans are beautiful, and I feel proud to even be a member of such a group. Cheers to Krystal, what a marathon of crocheting!

:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Hello to all you completely wonderful people!!

I am sorry that I didn't get to write this to y'all on Friday, but things were crazed with family arriving from NC and preparing for the trip to NJ yesterday...

I picked up this HUGE box Friday morning...brought it home and opened it...Rory was at school, but Lori was there, wanting to know what was in the box...I lifted out the cute bear & unicorn and let Lori pick which one she wanted..she grabbed the bear and the unicorn went onto Rory's bed to await her return. Then I read the card with this AMAZING list of all you warmhearted folks who helped create this wonderful gift for us...and then I got to the blankets.

The girls' blankets are just beautiful...again, I let Lori pick the one she wanted and laid out the second for Rory...and the baby blankets...both girls have already taken to carrying around different "buddies" wrapped up in the blankets....Lori immediately curled up on the couch with her blanket, with her new bear wrapped up in the baby blanket underneath there with her...and then I opened my blanket...

I'm speachless....it's gorgeous! Words simply cannot begin to express my feelings....

Lori was upset when I took her blanket to remove the name tags from the squares and didn't calm down until I'd returned it to her...but by then she'd figured out what I was doing and tried to help me with the tags on Rory and my blankets...

The blankets are now on each of our beds and kept us all warm & cozy Friday night....

We had Jeff's sumbel (a traditional Viking send-off...somewhat similar to an Irish wake...food, drink & tales of the life of the one who's passed) was Saturday and we stayed in NJ until this afternoon. Now we're back home and both girls immediately grabbed their new buddies and baby blankets..and Lori is right now tucked in under her blanket...

I cannot begin to thank you all enough...for your time, for your skill, for your thoughts & prayers...and for all the donations that I will be adding to the girls' college funds...when I saw that this thread had been started, I was surprised...it just didn't occur to me that y'all would do this for me...but I am so very thankful that you did...in the days & nights ahead I know there will be times I will feel alone and now I have something tangable to prove to me that I'm not....the gift of friendship & support is truly priceless and I hope you all know how very much this means to my girls and I.

Thank you all!!

Jessie Cummings

Okay. I'm crying.

Jess, you are a remarkable and insightful woman whom I am honored to know - even through an internet message board - and as well I am proud to be associated with the wonderful people here.

Okay. I'm crying.

Jess, you are a remarkable and insightful woman whom I am honored to know - even through an internet message board - and as well I am proud to be associated with the wonderful people here.

I couldn't have said it better Paulette. This is a great group of people!