Comfortghan for JessC031778 - Enough squares, Thanks!

Krystal16

:woo what a wonderful start! I can't wait to see all the rest. I agree with Suzi, I am so glad we are doing this. It is a ministry to Jess and a blessing to us to feel like we are doing something tangible to reach out to her.

everyone's squares look great!! my 2 for the girls' ghans were sent out earlier today - I hope they can still be used... one is solid light purple and the other one is solid pink. you should get them in 3 days but my post office likes to take their time for any mail that's not express...

There are 36 squares for Jess' afghan and 43 for the girls' ghans. So far, that's a 48"X48" for Jess (appx) and a 32"x40" each for the girls. I think we're doing great..

:ghug This is the most exciting project I've ever participated in! I just wish it were under happier circumstances.

I agree the dark brown for Jess' afghan and the white for the girls' afghans will look really great.

Is that joining the same as the one for the 9-patch to the star? That's a really fast joining method. That's also the same method I used for my Stain Glassed Windows panels.

Laurie,

Actually I "played" around with some of the squares, and deliberately pulled a couple out that aren't the same exact size. This is what I did and plan to do for all the C'ghans:

Putting wrong sides together, attach the yarn through both squares at the corner with a sc, ch 1, skip one (maybe more stitches, depending on gauge), sc through both squares. I'm making sure to wind up stitching through the corners, then continuing across to the next 2 squares in the rows. Then I'll do the same thing vertically.

The ch1 helps it to not have to be same stitch count. I do plan on using bobby pins (my favorite stitch marker and liner-upper) to line up the corners and centers so I can just cruise right along. This will leave just a thin line between each square, use the least amount of yarn and not have so much "give" as drew's assembly method. With as large as this afghan is going to be, "give" is NOT something that I want in it! (Oh, and there aren't that many ends to weave in this way :devil)

My edging will likely be just sl st, ch 1, sl st in next stitch all the way around the afghan. That gives it a little "rick rack" effect on the edge.

I can't WAIT to get moving on this! :D

This is so exciting! This is my first time to be part of a comfortghan, also. All the squares look great!!:yay I put a tracker on my package and I think you should get it tomorrow. Can't wait to see the finished 'ghans!

Right now all's I can do is to send prayers for Jess and her girls. I wish I can something more, but right now things are kinda tight. When things clear up I would probably like to send a couple of wearables for the girls and a comfort shawl for Jess.

Thanks for doing this Krystal!!

Hi Krystal,

Yesterday I send the squares I promise. I hope you get them soon.

heres a picture of them.

URL%5Dth_DSC00508.jpg

The one with brown,pink and white is for Jessi

the other two I thought might choose who to give it to

I hope they are alright.:hug:hug

AngelFairy, is the pattern for the "X" square available online? I've seen other pics of it and I like it. Thanks!

Lovely work on your squares...they look great!

:hook:yarn I mailed my squares today, overnight delivery so you should get them tomorrow. That's what the post office said. I hope I put the card in there to label my squares, I did make one!:blush I could not find the rose variegated yarn so I got a solid rose color. I hope that is okay. I also did some off-white/ecru colored squares. 6 total. Thankyou so much for doing this.:hug I can't wait to see the afghan. :yay I have tried to post this several times so if there are numorous posts forgive me please. My computer is having a bad day!:lol

OK, maillady has been here, and I've got everything inventoried. No picture today, as I have other stuff I have to do tonight.. Probably Saturday morning...

Today, I received cards/contributions/squares from:

angelfairy

AngieinCA

Bizzyboppers

bookchick29

Burgandy

crochetbycharlene

cshort

doula4u

flowerpower06

funkyreporter

hseger

lhasaapsolady

losingmymind2

Podger1

scc51055

Our total for Jess' squares is 65 (gives us a 56x72 afghan) and 62 for the girls (each will get about 40x48" then) :D

Thank you, everyone!

Darn, I was hoping mine would get there today, too. They went out priority mail on Tuesday. You should get them tomorrow.

No problem - I'm not assembling these until I finish another 'ghan first, so we've got until the weekend before I'll be chomping to get it done!

Krystal your layout looks awesome so far. I think your iseas for brown for JEss and white for the girsl sounds beautiful. I know from the stash busting thread that you bought some yarn to assemble these. Please feel free to use the $ I sent to pay for the assembly yarn as well as for shipping etc.

Thanks again for all your work.:cheer:clap:cheer

Ginny,

I am one frugal little person. First, I used gift card someone gave me for the intentions of using for my charity ghans. Second, I used a 1/2 off coupon at JoAnn, and got a one pounder for only $3.25.... It's not going to hurt me for that bit. Thanks for the offer, though!

Glad to see mine got there safe and sound. I hope they are ok for you. I look forward to seeing the finished afghans. Thanks for taking this on.

Thanks, Tiga - It's all covered. I got the caron one pounder, because I love how soft and thick the yarn is. That way, it will all be one color and I'll just use up the skein on the border. When the skein is done, so is the border! LOL!

I have PLENTY of yarn to use up, so please don't feel like this is any type of inconvenience!

Krystal, I sent two squares out on Tuesday, just haven't been online the last couple of days to let you know. I did take a pic, but still can't be on the computer too long, so haven't uploaded it.

Sally