2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Ugh, another week of not getting much done. I sewed together a 10-piece plushie, but that sure didn't use any extra yarn (I left long tails on the pieces for sewing!). I have GOT to get off my butt next week and get to work on some baby gifts! And Christmas (yeah, I said the "c" word :lol ) is right around the corner and I don't even have any plans for gifts yet. I'm in so much trouble...

WTD 0/YTD -22

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used about a ball's worth of scraps (2-4 ft. pieces) on a plastic canvas project (+1) :clap. I'm down to 1 1/2 bins of :yarn. It's mostly greens, blues, purples, tan/browns, some balls of rainbow colors plus a 2/3 (+/-) skein each black and white, what can I make with that :think?

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 108

Ellie 13

Bookmarks, fridgies, and baby blankets

I finished a dishcloth, but only used half the ball, so I started another one of course!

That's an excellent idea. Why didn't I think of that? Making dishcloths to use up some of my balls of cotton. Such a simple idea. I am going to do that tonight for my festival make some dish cloths and use up more yarn! :yay

I haven't finished up anymore, but look out next week, I have several small pieces that I am going to work up into some square, or something.

wtd 0 ytd +20

:sigh Missed posting last week, so I'll post those for this week. I've finished a couple of projects except for blocking, but they didn't use up any skeins. While I was visiting my mom in Boston over the weekend of August 1st, I visited her LYS and picked up three skeins. She doesn't do any kind of stitchery, except occasional (like once/year) machine sewing, so I figure I'll make something with them.

Anyway, that's -6 WTD/-177 YTD. I really have to start actually using this stuff. :blush

Bought three skeins of Caron SS Eco for a shawl tonight. I need it by October so I'm not going to start it just yet. I started a shrug tonight and should have some points from that pretty soon. That puts my YTD at 0, gotta be careful!

I almost missed the chance for a YTD 0 dance!!! Let's all join in!!!

:cheer:clap:yay:jumpyay:woo:dance:dance:2rock:bounce:applause:tdance:elle:ducky:bow

+17 Jempast GOLD MEDAL!!!

+14 dragonpuck SILVER MEDAL!!!

+9 fc1123 BRONZE MEDAL!!!

+8 dilyca2006

+7 aphelia

+7 CLLinda

+6 Ellie 13

+4 Legalwoman17

+4 lhapsaapsolady

+2 basjordan

+2 DesertCrocheter

+2 hseger

+2 jura2908

+2 LeslieG

+1 jessicagil

0 a stitchintime

0 Ariel Manx

0 BigPinkPolkaDot

0 karishema

0 Marzee

0 Needle Arts

0 Tia

0 walker 1021

-2 Braxxi

-3 crocheting4mygirls

-5 appylover

-6 Crafty Witch

-6 Jain

-8 Pineknott

-27 clocke

-42 darski

-49 minicmi

-70 Ladykats SHOOT THE MOON!!!

Whoa... that negative list is growing (yeah like I should talk :devil )

I really really have to go to town this week it seems. :sigh

Congrats to our medalists and especially Ladykats for her kind intervention :rofl

starting the week off really well. I finished up 3 balls last night before bed, but, because I had already posted for the week I put it as today!!! Starting off the week good this week!!!!!LOL

Hey Darski, I am not the only one that beat your negative. But I will graciously except the Shoot the Moon again :sigh But just think about all that lovely yarn I get to pet in the evening....:woo:jumpyay

Shoot the Moon Winner Aug.14, 2009

Still in the positive numbers, :yay. I'm trying to get as much ahead as I can. I'm going to have to buy yarn soon to do two projects that are on the immediate WIM list. :( Hopefully I can keep my YTD on the positive side.

The good news is that one of the two is a two strander that I should have almost all the yarn for already. That will help bust some stash.

Archived