2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

We got our puppy on Saturday. It was quite unexpected to get her so early. She is a seven week old Weimaraner that we named Zoi. I didn't get much crocheting done over the weekend...hmmm I wonder why.LOL

[ATTACH]7437[/ATTACH]

Oh my goodness, she is gorgeous! I have always wanted a Weimaraner. Love her name too!

I am working on a Batman pillow for my cousin's son for his birthday next weekend. Won't get any points from that because I'm using huge skeins but I do have several Christmas presents in mind that should go through the yarn pretty quick. I've got to redeem myself after shooting the moon last weekend. But I have to say that with a shoot the moon as low as -21 we are doing pretty darn good!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I almost bought more yarn today then told myself let me look through my stash and lo and behold found yarn that will work for the turkey's feet yeah for me

Well I rolled a skein into a ball +1 there for me yeah now I have to keep figuring out things to make to keep reducing my stash hmmmmmm any ideas?

We got our puppy on Saturday. It was quite unexpected to get her so early. She is a seven week old Weimaraner that we named Zoi. I didn't get much crocheting done over the weekend...hmmm I wonder why.LOL

[ATTACH]7437[/ATTACH]

OMG So cute!!!!

Well I rolled a skein into a ball +1 there for me yeah now I have to keep figuring out things to make to keep reducing my stash hmmmmmm any ideas?

lots of hats and scarves????

Gave away two balls of yarn at the Senior Assisted living center yesterday. Had a blast being with the older people. They can be pretty funny, kind of picking on each other, etc. So I am +4 for the week so far. But I am going to Wally World for a calculator for my son, so I'll have to be brave and not even go near the yarn. It will be hard. My goal is to be +40 by the weekend for YTD. We'll see if that happens.

:manyheart

[ATTACH]7437[/ATTACH]

That is absolutely adorable. Lucky puppy, lucky mommy :hug

I went to the big K instead of Wally world so I wouldn't get tempted.

I have to stay positive.

:manyheart

Thanks ladies, yes, I am so lucky. She is so mild mannered, and sweet. Well I started working on my swap partner's wearable :P I am keeping it a secret for now. Anyhoo, have gone through half a skein so far... I love big skeins when I buy them, but hate them when it comes to this stash busting game.

Tracey. I for one want pictures as she grows up. Nothing like a new baby to watch as she grows. Even if the new baby is a beautiful dog!!!!!

I also want to thank you for posting about your swap. I have a 7 inch square that I keep forgetting to do, maybe I can get that done later today!!

Well, I just ordered 15 balls of Naturally Caron Spa yarn so that I can make the Endless Cardi shawl!! I have really been trying to not buy much yarn and use up what I have. I know I have had to buy a skein or 3 here and there to make sure I have enough for a certain project, but, I am going to choke when those 15 balls of yarn finally get here and I have to post the score!!!!!!!!!LOL

I am just getting nowhere on this stashbusting and it is beginning to stress me out so much

:worried:scared:hyper

Iam resigning at this point. I have loved this CAL and I hate to give up but it is just too much pressure at this point.

:(

I'll check in here and there to see how y'all are doing but I need some breathing room just now.

:ghug

I didn't go anywhere this weekend, so I didn't buy any :yarn. I used 2 balls making a purple cow and a turtle. I'm going to have to find my bag of Christmas yarn, and start making stockings. Sat. I'm going to a memorial service for an old friend, he died at 101. He was well known and did a lot for this town. I might not get back to post again so here it is.

WTD: + 2 YTD: +115

Ellie 13

I am just getting nowhere on this stashbusting and it is beginning to stress me out so much

:worried:scared:hyper

Iam resigning at this point. I have loved this CAL and I hate to give up but it is just too much pressure at this point.

:(

I'll check in here and there to see how y'all are doing but I need some breathing room just now.

:ghug

I hope you'll get you're breathing room, and that you keep on crocheting and having fun! That's the important part. ;) I'm sorry to see that you're giving up though, because you're one of few 'Villers that I remember the nickname of! Hehe.. Take that as a compliment, will you? :manyheart

This is one of these weeks where so far I haven't made much of a dent in my stash, despite the fact that I've been knitting and crocheting like crazy...does anyone else ever have this particular type of black hole?

Oh Darski,

I hate to see you give up, but I understand the pressure... Sometimes DH asks why I am rushing around like a headless chicken and working on sooo many WIP. Of course it is to try and make a dent in my mighty stash but also to try and beat deadlines that are only in my mind. It is very stressing. And I too will put extreme pressure on myself, then I have to to do one of two things. Stop crocheting for a bit completely, or put everything but one project away (completely out of my sight) and only work on one at a time. Like right now, I am only working on Kim's swap garment.

I do hope that you can sit back, take a deep breath, and then with a relaxed mind maybe come back to join us.

Archived