2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished up another skein last nite working on the Flower Power afghan. :crocheting That's another +2 for me. :yay I'm trying to rack up as many positive points as I can. I have some projects coming up I may need to buy yarn for so I'm going to try to get ahead while I can.

I was at the Hobby Lobby in Bismark, ND while my DH and I were out there. Boy, That ILTY is wonderful stuff. I totally restrained myself and didn't even buy one skein. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby near me. I hear there is one going in in Chambersburg, PA which is only about 2 hours from my house. A road trip may be in order. :devil

I am convinced that Michaels and Joannes have hired yarn gremlins to throw balls and skeins in my cart when I am not looking.

That happens to me all the time at Hobby Lobby!:lol

I used up a skein of blue on my scrapghan, so I'm now only one point in the negatives. I have a couple days to bust that too.

I've been working like mad on the scrapghan because I want to have it done by Monday for my daughter to bring it back to school with her. She's coming home on Friday. Horray. Bringing home laundry, I'm sure, too. I found a laundry bag for her that says "Hey Mom, I'm home" and she loves it. That's what most college kids do when they come home. They bring home laundry and then hang out with their friends.

:manyheart

I've been working like mad on the scrapghan because I want to have it done by Monday for my daughter to bring it back to school with her. She's coming home on Friday. Horray. Bringing home laundry, I'm sure, too. I found a laundry bag for her that says "Hey Mom, I'm home" and she loves it. That's what most college kids do when they come home. They bring home laundry and then hang out with their friends.

Hmmm, do we share daughters or something.:D

My usual posting day has been Friday, but now my hours are reduced to 24/week, so I don't work that day. Since my computer is at work (I can use for personal things during my lunch), I will be away tomorrow through Tuesday (Monday is Labor Day - Yeah!).

So, here I am. I hope it is duly noted, because :cheerI have busted some stash for the first time since the middle of July!:woo I finished off a skein of some e-bay yarn, a sort-of autumn print, by making an 8" friendship square and three granny-daughters.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2 / YTD: -3

I have decided to do a lapgan for the cancer patients (crochet for charity). I have always wanted to do a giant granny square and one of the suggested sizes was 36" X 36", so I thought I would do that. This will be an opportunity to bust even more stash. Maybe even get into the YTD plusses! ;)

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: -3

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Lapgans for cancer patients

well not too much progress other than that +2 earlier in the week tomorrow going to Joann's so I know that will be a -2 because I need more yarn to finish my scarf so here I go again oh well I can give the scarf to my oldest daughter so if I have enough yarn left over I can make her a hat in her favorite color purple of all kinds hmmmmmm

Finished up a skein of purple on my scrapghan. I've been working really hard and the afghan is about 40 inches in length so far.

I'm now in the positives with this +2.

Bought some of that Deborah Norville bulky yarn yesterday, but used it all yeasterday making a scarf. It turned out nice, but I think next time I'll use just a smidge bigger hook to make the scarf a bit looser. 2 skeins made a nice scarf. It's on sale at Joanne for 2 for $5, and I have a 10% off your entire order including sale items so I should be able to make a scarf for less than $5, and I can make one a day.

The bad news is I plan to go back and buy some more yarn tonight, so it is going to be an ugly score week. I'm already at -4 for the 2 skeins of thread I bought earlier this week. I have used some of that, but you know how thread is, it doesn't go very fast. I'll post tomorrow after I know how much damage I do with my coupon.

Well I will post my score now since I might not be able to get to the computer tomorrow since we might be up north for the day

WTD:0/YTD:-117

Archived