2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

A continuation of 2008's game. With the start of the new year, you get to start with zero's for your point score. Participants from the 2008, wipe the slate clean and start anew! If you want, keep your 2008 score in your siggy as a reminder to "DO BETTER". :cheer

If your new to our very addictive game, here are the rules!

Everyone who's going to join us, put a line in your signature for Stashbusting Score. Example: Week to date (WTD) +6 Year to date (YTD) -615

Post your scores by midnight on Saturday. Shortly after, we'll tally the scores and see who is that week's winners. To help us find your final score among the other posts, make it obvious! Like this: My final score for this week is -56 but we hope that your scores will be positive! :eek:clap The SHOOT THE MOON winner from the previous week will be responsible for posting the current scores. If the SHOOT THE MOON winner cannot do so, she should contact basjordan or Jain as early as possible, so someone else can take this responsibility.

Once a month, we will post YTD scores, so you can watch your progress through the year. It will be at the end of the month. basjordan will post these scores.

Posting time is 8am EASTERN TIME Sunday.

For every SKEIN of yarn you use up completely, you get 2 points.

For every SKEIN of yarn you turn into a small ball, you get 1 point.

For every ball of yarn you use, you get 1 point.

For every SKEIN you buy, get given or inherit, you LOSE 2 points!!!

For every BALL you buy, receive or inherit, you LOSE 1 point!

Clarification: for those of you confused by my terms. "A Skein" is a brand-new bundle of yarn, a whole unit you buy at the store (or its equivalent, if you wind into cakes) "A Ball" is when you use up half or more of the skein and have to wind it by hand to prevent it from getting knotted.

You will only get 2 points total for any one skein. 2 points if you use the whole thing all at once. Or, one point if you're using a partial skein started on another project and FINISH it off. Or, a point if you start a skein and use it on a project, then have to store it because your project is done.

It's just a fun game for some of us who have a bit more than we need to bring our stash down to manageable proportions.

Of course, when your stash is gone, the prize is that you GET TO BUY MORE!!!! :rofl

This is an on-going CAL - Feel free to join at any time!

This was brought up a few times in the old thread:

When you start playing with us for the first time, you DON'T count what's in your stash. For some of us, that's just impossible! You get points when you use up what's in your stash, or lose points when you add to your stash. Also, points are counted if you crochet OR knit.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am definitely in for this game for 2009. :ty for taking this on. It really does help to have an "accountability partner" in this addiction.

Okay time for one giant :ghug to start our year... see you on Jan 1st. :wlol

I will join in! I honestly did not realize how much I had until I tried to wrangle it all into a few containers. :blush I promised dh I would not buy more until I use half of what I have, so hopefully this CAL will help to keep me accountable! :clap

I might have to join this also. I have way to much stash.

I will need to come back tomorrow when I am not so tired and re-read the rules.

From what I understand when we buy yarn we need to put a -x amount and when we use a skein or ball it is a + x amount. Now. If I can keep this stright I will do fine. maybe!!!LOL

:yayI'll be in for next year too. It's a good habit to be accountable for our yarn.

And I'll try to be good, honest, I will. :lol

Count me in. I made a decent start on this last year, then got completely sidetracked. I now have yarn all over my apartment, though, so some of it has to go!

I decided yesterday that one of my New Year resolutions was going to be using up my stash. So, I'm going to corral my yarn into plastic zip top bags so I can see what I have. (In case anyone's curious, I'm going to hang the plastic bags on clothes hangers and put them in the guest room closet so I can flip through them.) I'm going to try to gather all of my patterns and hooks and put them in one place as well. Anyone else have any suggestions for getting ready for the stash busting blitz? :crocheting

Yippee!!!:cheer

I have been waiting for this thread to start for 2009. I just joined recently and found the thread for 2008. It sounds like fun and a great way to bust my stash.

The best part is I can buy lots of yarn til the end of 2008 and it won't count against my 2009 score.:clap:yay

I've love to join! :yay

Seeing as money is tight, I think I need incentive to use up my stash. I have tons of skeins, half-skeins, and small balls that I need to use up. I also have several skeins of alpaca that I bought at a fiber festival last year that I've had as of yet to use, as I keep waiting for that "perfect" sweater pattern to turn up.

I'm so glad we don't have to count up our present stash...:devil

I just reorganized my stash and I think that I need to join this thread. :lolUntil I have my own craft room one day I need to start destashing. Too bad I can't count how much of my stash I am using for Christmas this year. Cause I am doing awesome! :clap Can't wait to start with ya'll in a couple of weeks. :hook

Hello Everyone - I think this CAL sounds like a fantastic idea especially since my bedroom is being taken over by the piles of yarn I have. But I am also thinking of all the yarn I want to buy before 2009 :blush Oh well - can't wait to start

I'm in again for 2009 :D It is a habit to keep count for me now and it is fun to keep track. I may count up my stash just so that I have a good starting plan for the new year. I also plan to make a resolution to use up more of my stash and to buy less (we'll see how that actually works :lol )

I'm in on this one. My husband lectures me each time I buy new yarn. He wants me to use up my stash and then I can buy more!

My craft room is overflowing with yarn I have it stashed in the dresser & chest of draws. The stash is also over flowing on my desk in the living room and the stash is overflowing behind my desk!

Archived