2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I'm so glad 2009 is not here yet. I just got several more skeins at my SnB last night...one of the girls was giving away excess stash, and I just couldn't say no.

I have no will-power over yarn...:devil

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to post this before Thursday so I don't start out on the wrong foot.

I did get a skein down to a ball...Yippee!:cheer+1 for me!

However at the same time, my MIL gave me two skeins of my favorite color, and a ball of another color to do the border of the baby blanket :eek....-5 for me....

So, 2008 year total: -4 :eek

lol amethyst. i'm glad that this weeks purchases don't count or sunday would have put me off to a horrible, horrible start! lol. i didn't even count the number of skeins i bought, they were discontinuing some of my favorite yarn at my LYS, so i just bought what they had left on the shelf.

Oh my, I hope the yarn I bought a week or so ago off of etsy comes before the new year. I purchased almost 40 skeins of patons twister and that would put me WAY in the red. Yikers.

Julee

LOL you guys!! I am glad for both of you that the yarn came before Thursday!!!!!!!LOL

I was just thinking of ordering some that I don't need. There is a kit in the latest Mary maxim catalogue that I really want, just don't want to order it now and have that yarn to add to my stash!!!!!LOL

Hee hee, I just got an order from Mary Maxims today. My first ever order off of there website. I'd say it was a pretty pleasant experience and hey, I got that order before new years. lol

Julee

You guys are making me smile! :hook My daughter gave me a gift card from Joanns for Christmas, and I couldn't let it go to waste....could I? :blush I've got about $12 left on it. If I go pick up a few more skeins tomorrow, it won't count against 2009...will it? :think

I would LOVE to join, except for I don't have any stash really. LOL, a couple balls of cotton, and a couple skiens for Ami's to be made, thats it, so maybe next year I will have some, I will save up all my left overs this year, I am hopeful there will be left overs....

Have fun gals!!!!

HUGS

JoAnn

I REALLY NEED to be in here this year i`ve never tried this game, i guess as dd is older few months now i guess i can crochet more and i really neeeeeed to bust my stash :yes

it`s gonna be fuuun

but can someone re-clearify the way i use to write my wtd scor and my ytd score ??? :think

Get it before midnight tonight!!!!!!!!!!! 12/31 and it will not count agains you for the new year. Just more to work through!!!LOL:lol

You guys are making me smile! :hook My daughter gave me a gift card from Joanns for Christmas, and I couldn't let it go to waste....could I? :blush I've got about $12 left on it. If I go pick up a few more skeins tomorrow, it won't count against 2009...will it? :think

Get it before midnight tonight!!!!!!!!!!! 12/31 and it will not count agains you for the new year. Just more to work through!!!LOL:lol

EXCELLENT! :D Okay, can someone clarify something for me? I see that we lose points if we "inherit" yarn from someone. Do we get points if we "give away" yarn to someone? I have some yarn that is on someone's wish list, and I thought I would send it to them. :think

Yes. If we give away we get the points for that. If I have it right. we get 2 points for each skein given and 1 point for each ball given. I believe that the explination is in the first post of this thread.

EXCELLENT! :D Okay, can someone clarify something for me? I see that we lose points if we "inherit" yarn from someone. Do we get points if we "give away" yarn to someone? I have some yarn that is on someone's wish list, and I thought I would send it to them. :think

It's explained pretty well in the first post of this thread. I had to read it a couple of times before I understood.

Every saturday before midnight we update. in our wtd we post what we used or aquired for that week then in the ytd score we keep a running total of what we have done so far. Does this help??

I REALLY NEED to be in here this year i`ve never tried this game, i guess as dd is older few months now i guess i can crochet more and i really neeeeeed to bust my stash :yes

it`s gonna be fuuun

but can someone re-clearify the way i use to write my wtd scor and my ytd score ??? :think

I'm going to try this again this year. Gave up in frustration in 2008 due to adding yarn to complete projects. Last online order came on Saturday and picked it up at the post office yesterday (it is for one of the January 2009 classes). Good thing this new count starts tonight. I'm goin to a dental appointment this afternoon and going past three stores with fairly good selections (know that two are having huge sales) but I'm going to do my best to resist. What I really need to do is do an inventory to refresh my mind on what I have "stashed". Might be a good project for tomorrow as I'm not a sport's fan and won't be watching all the holiday games.

Good luck everyone!

2009 - MTD 0; YTD 0 -- the only way is UP, use it up!

I'd like to give this a try

I need to clear some of this stash down to a reasonable amount,I've been good about not bringing any new stuff in for awhile.

If I donate a skein to a charity,how do I count that? or do I ?

Archived