2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in!!!

way too much stash! I just gave 3 rubbermaid buckets full to my aunt, who can't afford yarn, and still have 1/2 an attic full.:eek

This sounds like fun... and I just found C'ville again after going for a long time without a computer (thanks, 2 my FAB B.I.L., I'm back!):cheer

now...:think what to make:crocheting

I am in!!!

way too much stash! I just gave 3 rubbermaid buckets full to my aunt, who can't afford yarn, and still have 1/2 an attic full.:eek

This sounds like fun... and I just found C'ville again after going for a long time without a computer (thanks, 2 my FAB B.I.L., I'm back!):cheer

now...:think what to make:crocheting

Ooooh. I am so glad you made your way back :hug

I am really looking forward to next year. I am determined to come out ahead somehow :hook

I am constantly getting scolded for buying more yarn so I'm in. Now that my life has actually settled down and I'm able to crochet a lot more, this should be a lot easier than it has been the last few months. Not that I'm completely complaining about that lack of crocheting... it was all good events like getting married and finally getting my first "real" job!

Besides, if I show how much I've used it'll smooth the way down more for when I... *clears throat*... NEED more yarn!

I've been seeing the numbers in people's sigs for a while now and have though about joining. I'm definately in on this one! What better time that at the new year to start. I have 12 rubermaid totes full of yarn and that's only HALF of my stash!! I really need to condense it down to the 12 totes! :)

When do we start keeping count?

I've been seeing the numbers in people's sigs for a while now and have though about joining. I'm definately in on this one! What better time that at the new year to start. I have 12 rubermaid totes full of yarn and that's only HALF of my stash!! I really need to condense it down to the 12 totes! :)

When do we start keeping count?

Let's start Jan. 1. If you want to start sooner, you are welcome to join the 2008 stashbusting CAL. :hug

Let's start Jan. 1. If you want to start sooner, you are welcome to join the 2008 stashbusting CAL. :hug

Sounds good to me! I'll start fresh in Jan... not much time for crocheting right now... So many last minute things to do before the holidays! :eek

Thank you!! :hug

ok. I'm in for this in 2009. I was in it in 07 and didn't do that well, then in 08 I was awful and dropped out. But with our budget the way it is I should really be better at it this year. And I really do need to use from my stash, like someone else said, it will make it look better when the time comes that I NEED more yarn. :lol

I am definitely going to try to stashbust in 2009. I swear, I can't stop buying yarn-- I need help!

Same here! Is there such a thing as Yarn-a-holics Anonymous? LOL

i tried to explain stashbuster to my dh. he looked at me like i was speaking foreign language. :think

anyway i understand the concept now and i'll be happy to join in. i just hope i can post on time. ha!

laura

My daughter did the same thing! It's really simple once you read the instructions. And it will be great to have motivation for reducing the piles and boxes of yarn around here! We have yarn in every room of the house (even my son's room!) except the kitchen & bathroom... and it's getting tempting to find some storage room in those rooms too! :eek

Same here! Is there such a thing as Yarn-a-holics Anonymous? LOL

My daughter did the same thing! It's really simple once you read the instructions. And it will be great to have motivation for reducing the piles and boxes of yarn around here! We have yarn in every room of the house (even my son's room!) except the kitchen & bathroom... and it's getting tempting to find some storage room in those rooms too! :eek

I was thinking that about a month ago I said the same thing to the people in my crochet group at Joann Fabrics

Yeah, I find that you really have to be careful who you talk about your "stash" to <LOL>. I've gotten some very ODD looks, until I hastily explain that I'm talking about yarn.

Yeah, I find that you really have to be careful who you talk about your "stash" to <LOL>. I've gotten some very ODD looks, until I hastily explain that I'm talking about yarn.

:rofl I am sitting here ****ing!... I can just picture the looks! well, that certainly puts a twist on this yarn!

How right you are about being careful! ...see? C Y A!!!!

:lol:lol:lol

Archived