2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Yes. The way I understand it is.. For every skein you use or give away you give yourself 2 points. For every skein you buy or are given you subtract 2 points.

Any skein that is used by half you give yourself 1 point and when you use the rest you give yourelf 1 point.

I hope that I have posted this right, it is how I understand the process.

I'd like to give this a try

I need to clear some of this stash down to a reasonable amount,I've been good about not bringing any new stuff in for awhile.

If I donate a skein to a charity,how do I count that? or do I ?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a kicker...I received the last order of the year from Herrschners today (had to order more, as I was given only ONE skein of yarn for each of the sock colors and I needed two), so I thought "Yippee! Right under the wire for the 2009 Stashbusting! They won't count! Then I looked at the sheet...ONE SKEIN IS BACKORDERED!

Darn...

Well, My 40 skeins of patons twister was just shipped today so I guess I'll be starting off the new year with a -40 score. That's sad. The new year hasn't even started yet.

Julee

Oh Julee!!! I think it is 2 points a skein. You have 40 coming!!!!!!!! OH that will put you at -80 to start I think. But, you don't have to count it till it comes. Maybe you can get some other used to get the points going in the other direction!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Well, My 40 skeins of patons twister was just shipped today so I guess I'll be starting off the new year with a -40 score. That's sad. The new year hasn't even started yet.

Julee

Oh Julee!!! I think it is 2 points a skein. You have 40 coming!!!!!!!! OH that will put you at -80 to start I think. But, you don't have to count it till it comes. Maybe you can get some other used to get the points going in the other direction!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

OH NO!!! That's right. -80. YIKES!! Ok, Does it count that they are smaller skeins?

I should be able to use some of them up pretty fast and I'm gonna give a few of them away for gifts so that will help. Oy, I'm in huge trouble. Oh no, oh no, oh no!!!

Julee

Don't think it counts less for smaller skeins then larger ones!!!!!:) Sorry to tell you that.:eek

OH NO!!! That's right. -80. YIKES!! Ok, Does it count that they are smaller skeins?

I should be able to use some of them up pretty fast and I'm gonna give a few of them away for gifts so that will help. Oy, I'm in huge trouble. Oh no, oh no, oh no!!!

Julee

Don't think it counts less for smaller skeins then larger ones!!!!!:) Sorry to tell you that.:eek

I didn't think so. I was more like wishing that they did but deep down inside I knew that it wouldn't work. Oh well, At least it will be early in the year (very).

Julee

Oh my, it is officially 2009, so I'd best start stashbusting. This is going to be tough, I have a serious yarn habit-- so all of you lovely crochetiers will encourage me to use the yarn I have, and not be enablers telling me to buy more... right? :yes

Well, I shall go and valiantly try to use up the 400 g skein of SnC I'm using to make market bags-- good luck to all of the 2009 stashbusters!

I just found this thread, can I still join in? I promise I haven't gotten any new skeins in the past two hours.

there are days when that would only be a dream for me.

My 2008 score was appalling but it would have been worse if I did not have to come here and tell all. :wlol

Since my score for 2008 was so, so terrible, I promise NOT to buy anymore yarn for atleast two months...one month??...one week?? :rofl Oh crude, who am I kidding? lol :hook

Honestly, I was so happy to change my YTD score this morning to a big fat ZERO! Will try my best to keep it in the positives this year.:laughroll

ok ok ok.....I have been dancing around this. :blushBut I have to get rid of what I have.:yarn

Just so I can buy more. :lol

Although I get to start off +2 cause last night in the ER waiting room, about 3am, I finished off 2 balls of yarn that made a pretty little poncho, and I even need to find at least on more ball to make a pretty edge and some fringe. :)

So off to a good start. Although I think we are going shopping later today. :hook

off to change my siggy.

Just think. The smaller skeins work faster so you will be gaining the points faster then me. I try to always use the largest skeins I can get my hands on!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I didn't think so. I was more like wishing that they did but deep down inside I knew that it wouldn't work. Oh well, At least it will be early in the year (very).

Julee

I was looking through my stash last night to start a scarf. I was thinking, man I wish I could go buy something. But, I want to use up the stash.

I think it will not be long till I go and buy more myself!!!!!!LOL

Since my score for 2008 was so, so terrible, I promise NOT to buy anymore yarn for atleast two months...one month??...one week?? :rofl Oh crude, who am I kidding? lol :hook

Honestly, I was so happy to change my YTD score this morning to a big fat ZERO! Will try my best to keep it in the positives this year.:laughroll

:mug Good Morning:sun and :dance Happy New Year Everyone:jumpyay:party :yay . To those who are new ~ welcome:welcome to those of us who are returning Good to see you again :hook

Let the new stash bustin games begin :hyper

I'm going to make an effort to get through my stash in a serious way this year.

I bought some chenille yarn on sale two days ago, so I'm not going to count that, lol. But I have numerous projects that are partially done, and many in mind so I have to buckle down and get myself in gear.

So I'm in again.

Ok, time to start off the year fresh! Last year I ended at -3, only a skein and a half from my goal of 0! Of course I helped relieve Krystal of some of her stash so that is going to start me off in the hole lol. I wasn't that productive near the end of last year but hopefully this year I will be!

OK, so I started a round ripple with some varigated baby color yarn i had on hand, and 3 coordinating colors of solids. :)

I finished my baltic scarf this morning as well, which was an SWS stash buster, lots of little balls left over from projects went into that scarf. :clap

but, I just realized that in order to make my sons round ripple that I will HAVE to buy yarn :( i have no black yarn in my stash at all. :(

Archived