2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

This is one of these weeks where so far I haven't made much of a dent in my stash, despite the fact that I've been knitting and crocheting like crazy...does anyone else ever have this particular type of black hole?

Yes, I have the same problem! I do smaller projects, and use some from several skeins. But don't finish many, until I take a week and do granny squares of daughters, and use up some of the yarn.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Darski, I am sad to see you go, but if you need the break take it. We'll miss you!

This week I bought 3 skeins for the shawl/wrap swap. I worked hard and finished my wrap already, so I am only -1 for the ball that was left. I'll try to use that or another ball up by the end of the week to zero out my score. I wish I'd had the right yarn in my stash to make the wrap, but I just didn't have enough of the right yarn to make it work. Oh well I won't feel bad if I can zero out the score.

Well, I forgot to update my score last week, but it didn't matter because I didn't get any more yarn, nor did I use any skeins. This week is a different matter. I got an order of Omega nylon from Annie's Attic. It consisted of 3 rolls, so I'm at -6 so far.

Yes, I have the same problem! I do smaller projects, and use some from several skeins. But don't finish many, until I take a week and do granny squares of daughters, and use up some of the yarn.

Yes, I have that problem too. I've been working on a RR afghan using the 8 ounce skeins of yarn. I'm crocheting like mad, but the skein just never gets used up. :lol

I did manage a +2 when I finally reached the end of one skein. :yay

I am just getting nowhere on this stashbusting and it is beginning to stress me out so much

:worried:scared:hyper

Iam resigning at this point. I have loved this CAL and I hate to give up but it is just too much pressure at this point.

:(

I'll check in here and there to see how y'all are doing but I need some breathing room just now.

:ghug

Darski ~

I totally understand where you are coming from. Take the time you need to get your life where it should be. That is what is most important. Thank you so much for what you did for this CAL. :hug:hug

I'm putting in my totals now...

As I said before, this was one of those Black Hole weeks where I did a lot of knitting and crocheting, but only managed to reduce one skein into a small ball, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +1 YTD +95

In my defense, one of the projects I'm working on is in Alpaca DK weight, in very large skeins...

Another 2 points for me. Used up a whole skein of Cotton tots making washcloths. So Now I am at +6 for the week and I get to go to my crochet group this morning, where I am sure to use up some more yarn!:)

I saw a pattern for some fingerless gloves worked in cotton, so I thought I would give them a try.

:manyheart

Darski, get some breathing room and take care of yourself, please! :hug

This week saw a few WIP started, but nothing really done except buying a skein of yarn to finish a blanket. Maybe next week things will change. :) I'm hopeful.

Scores for this week:

YTD: -21, WTD: -2

I thought I was doing good, and could zero out my score this week. Then yesterday a friend gave me some yarn that she found when she was moving. Shoot. Back in the negative. I finished up a skein of thread last night, so I'm only at

WTD -6 YTD -82

Drat, I was so close. I would have refused but I really can use what she gave me, and it will keep me from buying it later in the year. I've been super busy this week. I made a bunch of book marks and a hat from No 10 thread this week, so that went slow. I also made a project for the shawl/wrap swap. It's been productive, if not good for my score.

Well, this is my last Friday posting. I start my new hours/days on Monday which includes Fridays off. We'll have to see if I can survive on 24 hours/week. Anything is better than being unemployed, though. And I get to keep using this lovely computer.

Nothing busted this week But, Hey! with Fridays off, who knows what I may be able to get done. Always looking for no- cost diversions.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: -5

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -5

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

This week was a good week for stash busting. Between working on the wool eater and covering hangars with Aunt Lydia's rug yarn, the score for the week is

+4:hook:hook

(3 skeins used, one skein bought) I am so happy to finally have a "decent" number to report. If only Darski were here to see it. :(

Heading to Michaels today to pick up only what I need for projects in the near future. So next week's score will be a bust again.:eek Oh well.. atleast this habit keeps me out of the bars, right??:lol:lol

Darski, take care of yourself and your son. Blessings to you, dear one. We're keeping you close in prayer. :hug

I actually had a good week, beginning to crochet some hat and scarf sets and back to working on my prayerghan.

It also rained and there's a break in the humidity. I'm itchin' for fall! :autumn

For week ending August 29, 2009:

WTD: +7 / YTD: -30

Not a good crocheting week here. DH had a root canal, plus I was super busy with laying out our next book. I got a plush sewed together early in the week, then tried starting on the motifs for the next plush in the set, and I just can't get it to turn out right for some reason. After much frogging I put it aside. Maybe next week will be better!

WTD 0/YTD -21

Well, not a bad week for me this time. Some of my daughters dorm mates have started a knittin club sorta:cheer, I get with them to :crocheting and spend time with my daughter who sews her garb for the SCA and I donated 15 full skeins and 4 balls of baby yarn to them. They are makin baby items for the pregnancy care center in that area. I am so proud of them:manyheart. so, that is +34 there and I have finished up 3 baby cocoons so that is another +3, got the :yarn down to balls.

I am workin on a shawl now, got one skein done. another +1.

so WTD +38:clap:clap:clap

YTD -151

just realized I forgot to put the 1 in my sig and one other post. So sorry ladies.

Archived