2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started a scrapghan. I'm using a bunch of blues, purples and whites for an afghan for my daughter at college. I used a skein last night for a stripe so I was at +2.

But then I did buy a skein of purple today as the border color. -2

So I'm still at Zero.

:manyheart

I used up a ball and a skein working on the scrapghan. It's coming together pretty good.

+3 so far.

:manyheart

Congratulations to all the medal winners. :yay I was away so I didn't post for last week. I'll just plug it in now and start over for this week. I got a good bit done while I was gone. Long road trips really help. I finished up 7 skeins on the trip. So that's a +14 for me there, but, I had to buy 2 skeins to finish up one of the ghans -4 so I finished up at:

WTD +10, YTD +22 (8/29/09)

That will get me caught up a bit. I feel much better now that I'm back in the positive numbers. I'm working on a 2 strand RR so hopefully that will but some stash. I hope so. I'm getting to where I need to buy yarn so I can get the colors I need for projects. That's good, isn't it? :cheer

Just wanted to update on my score. I had used up three points worth of yarn last night, but then I went shopping and bought 3 skeins. So my score is a -3 now.

But today is the one year anniversary of Dad's passing, so I thought yarn would cheer me up. It kind of worked.

I haven't really done much of anything today, just crocheting and thinking about my dad. It doesn't seem possible that a whole year has gone by but I miss him each day.

Have not lost a parent. I do understand, though, how you would think of them constantly.

My grandmother (who was instrumental in me learning to crochet) has been gone since 1997. I will still drive past the apartment building where she lived and think about going to see her.

thinking of you.

Just wanted to update on my score. I had used up three points worth of yarn last night, but then I went shopping and bought 3 skeins. So my score is a -3 now.

But today is the one year anniversary of Dad's passing, so I thought yarn would cheer me up. It kind of worked.

I haven't really done much of anything today, just crocheting and thinking about my dad. It doesn't seem possible that a whole year has gone by but I miss him each day.

Yesterday I was having a bad day. So what did I do? A little retail therepy yarn addict style. I did resist some, but only because I had fogotten my coupon. I bought 2 skeins of cotton thread, one in hot pink, and one in bright purple. I have been making book marks to sell, and I felt like I was missing some colors. So last night I made 2 bookmarks. I'm going to go back and buy some of that new Deborah Norville Serenity bulky yarn, I think it will make nice scarves. It is currently on sale at Joanne for 2 for $5, and I have a 10% off entire purchase including sale items coupon they gave me last week. I think it will make beautiful scarves.

I used 5 balls making lady bugs, turtles, pigs and charity squares (+5). I rolled a skein down making a bunny (+1). :cheer The people at work like my toys. Some of the ladies at work each gave a buck or 2 to buy one of my baby afghans for another lady who works here. They gave me $21. I made one that I would normally sell for $ 25, but I'll count the difference as my "donation". The baby, a girl, is due late Sept early Oct. After I finish the bunny, I'm going to make some spiders and ghosts for Halloween.

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 121

Ellie 13

One skein busted so I am -8 now. I was -10 until I used up that skein of yarn.

Here's a tip I found out on my own. I was working on a purse that called for 2 strands to be used at once which is great for stash busting. Especially if you use those 3 oz skeins of yarn. I was using the bernat softee chunky yarn. I will probably make a scarf from the remaining ball of yarn.

Went to get a skein of black to edge squares I already have made and ended up with five skeins--one black and four Christmas Colors. :laughroll

It's amazing how they seem to just jump into your cart, isn't it??? :lol

well. my score is going to get busted today for sure. Have not gotten through a skein or a ball yet this week and I have a delivery of 15 skeins of yarn (I think I only got 15 skeins!!LOL:P) from Joann's today!!

Archived