2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished a skein on my loops and lace ghan. so +2 so far for week. DH goes to the Doctor today to discuss his Pet scan results and the next course of treatment. So I should get some crochet time in then.

I finished a skein on my loops and lace ghan. so +2 so far for week. DH goes to the Doctor today to discuss his Pet scan results and the next course of treatment. So I should get some crochet time in then.

I'm praying as fast as I can. I keep you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers.

But your post just goes to prove that if we try hard enough, we can find some good in the most trying times. :hug

I was doing pretty good, until I went to HL to get some beads. I had used up 4 points of yarn this week, and so I picked up two skeins of ILTY cotton. So I'm at a big, fat ZERO!

But it is only Wednesday, so I have a few more days!

:manyheart

I'm going to wait with posting my score until the end of the week (don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched! :lol ) but I will get into the positive range again, finally, after a few weeks in a row at 0.

I had to stop at JoAnn's yesterday for some new yarn needles and they've remodeled the yarn section. It looks like it's bigger, though I'm not sure that there actually was more yarn, just more space for it. I resisted the call of the clearance yarn, but it was difficult. :D

Does anyone else's JoAnn's look picked over all the time? For months now - heck, probably close to a year - when you first walk in our store you'd swear they were getting ready to close, because everything up front is so empty. Not sold-out empty, just empty! Elsewhere throughout the store there are always empty shelves, empty yarn baskets, etc. The only part that always looks fully stocked is the fabric.

Last night I taught my (left-handed) boyfriend to crochet. The left/right handed barrier made things pretty difficult until I realized my Encyclopedia of Crochet book had left handed instructions in it. Half an hour later he was chaining away! We were both so excited that we went to JoAnns today and used up the rest of my birthday gift card getting him a set of hooks and some yarn.

I got nine skeins of yarn so that's a -18 but I also gave him a ball of yarn so +1. Five of my skeins are for projects I have planned and four of them were just on clearance and I had to get them. They're a hideous green! I love it.

Hope you feel better soon. It'd be no fun trying to crochet without using an elbow.

What types of pigs are you making? What do you intend to do with them?

My elbow is a little better, I actually got through work without much pain.

The pigs are just little stuffed toys. I sold 1 to a lady at work, DD loves pigs. I sometimes make them with wings, for "when pigs fly" :lol. I used 2 small balls and finished the 2nd pig and started a 3rd (+2). I hope I have enough pink :yarn. I have a lot of greens, maybe I'll make some turtles next.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 111

Ellie 13

I gave my DD a ball of yarn to learn to crochet with and I used up a ball of yarn so +2 but then today I had to buy a whole skein of yarn just to get 3 little 2 round grannys out of :lol so -2 putting me back to zero. At least I only bought that one skein. I must get my YTD to positive by the end of the year. :D

Got another skein finished yesterday, I am so excited... Doctor gave us the PET Scan results.. Tumor shrunk 40% in one direction and 27% in the other. They have changed his type of chemo drug from cisplatin to carboplatin with a maintenance drug of alimta. for the next two weeks, then just on the Alimta for another four weeks. After that we will do the pet scan over. If the tumor gets below 8 mm then it is unreadable on the pet scan. And all chemo drugs will stop and a scan will be done every three months to see if it comes back. After one year, of no reappearance, he is considered cured.

Sorry for the ramble.. just too excited and I am at +4 for the week

Got another skein finished yesterday, I am so excited... Doctor gave us the PET Scan results.. Tumor shrunk 40% in one direction and 27% in the other. They have changed his type of chemo drug from cisplatin to carboplatin with a maintenance drug of alimta. for the next two weeks, then just on the Alimta for another four weeks. After that we will do the pet scan over. If the tumor gets below 8 mm then it is unreadable on the pet scan. And all chemo drugs will stop and a scan will be done every three months to see if it comes back. After one year, of no reappearance, he is considered cured.

:cheer:clap:yay:jumpyay:woo:U:bounce:dance:h5:tup:day

Ramble away!!!!!:cheer

I've finished my crocheted picture from Todd Paschall. It's not afghan size, not even baby afghan size, so all I've got left are partial skeins. I've rolled three partial skeins to balls, so that's a +3. :yes But I bought 2 skeins of Joann Sensation Rainbow Classic to make a jacket, that would be a -4. :blush But my 8-year-old niece is coming tomorrow for her crochet lesson and I'll be giving her one of my yarns :yarn so she can make a scarf.

I had to buy 4 skeins of RHSS to take with me to North Dakota so I can finish up an afghan for a Christmas Present. I ought to be able to finish all that up on the trip out and back. I did finish up 2 skeins on an afghan I was working on so I end up at -4 for today.

That will make me WTD -12, YTD 12. I'm going to post that as my score for the week. I'm not sure if I will be able to get on line until I get back. We are expecting to be back at the beginning of Sept. So, I'll catch up with everyone them.

It's a long drive out and back. I plan on getting a lot of things done. I should be back in the positive numbers by then. :D

I finished another pig, didn't use all the pink and there's not enough to make another :sigh. I found a doll that needs finishing and a dress. I've been going through my patterns and maybe I can make a purple cow :lol. I hate it when I don't have a big selection of colors to work with :sigh. A co-worker is having a baby late Sept (Oct?), so others are taking a collection to buy an afghan that I already have (I always keep 1-2 on hand). Maybe I'll make something to go with it.

In case I don't get to post before Sat.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 111

Ellie 13

There is no need to say your are sorry. This is wonderful news! :cheerYou have every right to be excited. Will keep you all in my prayers and hope for more good news next month. :hug:hug

I'm putting in my totals now, as this is going to be a busy weekend...

I'm finally on the plus side this week, as I used up one skein in doing my Hourglass Sweater and one skein in finishing up my DROPS Crochet Cardigan (just need to find the buttons to sew on now before I can say it's officially "done").

So, my totals for this week are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +4 YTD +94 :c9

I've been working with my scrap balls, and I've gained 4 points this week, by rolling 3 skeins down to balls and finishing off 1 ball. Yeah! So for now I'm at

+4 WTD -82 YTD

I even went to check out what the quilt store is going to carry for yarn...they are taking over for the LYS that closed. I didn't buy anything, but then they didn't have much stock yet. Some lovely alpaca, they that was about it. I also stopped by the dollar store, but only both other things...didn't need any of the yarn they had anyway. I did buy some girls bangle bracelets that I'm using for purse handles on little girls purses. I made 3 of the purses last night. So cute, and so quick!! A great way to use up scraps.

Ladykats, congratulations on the fabulous news! :cheer I'm so happy for you and dh. :hug

Got two more skeins finished up (they were small, but they count. :D), so my score ending up this week is:

YTD: -19 / WTD: +6

Still no progress in stash busting. I am enjoying the Dishcloth Tuesdays CAL, though I'm too slow to complete one during a work day. So I think of it as "Post-Your-Newest Dishcloth Tuesdays".. Right now I am working (over and over and over...frogging) on April Moreland's "April's Purple Passion Heart Square" from her Dishcloth Diaries blog. Mine will be "Orange Passion" on a seaspray green background. ....just worked on it a bit, and found out my problem. I did 12 tr's in one of the heart bumps instead of 11. No wonder my count was off!:eek. Well, I'm not going back that far. I'll just have to decrease one..... :sigh Time to post my ever so sad zero.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: -5

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -5

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

I better go ahead and post my score today - my husband and I published our first book, and have a book signing tomorrow. :clap:yay

I was hoping I'd get rid of a full skein this week making a plushie, but there's still some of it left. At least I'm in the positives!

WTD +1/YTD -21

Archived