2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I posted,post 4282,with a -8

guess I won't use that green color,it might be easy to overlook

Hey, my post (no. 4289) didn't make it to this week's round-up. Should I save it for next week? And I was positive this week--barely positive, but positive nonetheless--and it was a one pound skein. Yea me! Patty

:blushI am SO sorry ladies! I didn't mean to skip anyone. I don't know what happened. I added your scores to the post. I'm so sorry.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so honored to be receiving the bronze medal I worked hard on that score and congratulations to all the other medalists

Hooray:cheer:cheer:cheerI have been crocheting on a hat, scarf, and mittens, for over a week, and did not finish the skeins. So today I made Granny daughter out of the rest of the 2 skeins. +4 for me.

Congrats Medal Winners!!:clap

Darski--you can do it!! :cheerI'm sure the shrug will be beautiful.

Well I didn't get back to post yesterday, so I am surprised to see that basjordan counted me. Sorry I didn't get that out in bold/color for you. Thanks so much for counting this up and keeping track!! You rock!!

I did take my yarn to the rescheduled date last night. After dinner we watched a movie on TV (exciting I know), and I made an earflap hat and started a lacey girls hat. My date was impressed. I couldn't take the yarn to the resturant, we rode his Harley. :D No points out of the hats yet, but by the time I finish the second hat, I should get to roll the skein down to a ball.

Congrats Medal Winners!!:clap

Darski--you can do it!! :cheerI'm sure the shrug will be beautiful.

Well I didn't get back to post yesterday, so I am surprised to see that basjordan counted me. Sorry I didn't get that out in bold/color for you. Thanks so much for counting this up and keeping track!! You rock!!

I did take my yarn to the rescheduled date last night. After dinner we watched a movie on TV (exciting I know), and I made an earflap hat and started a lacey girls hat. My date was impressed. I couldn't take the yarn to the resturant, we rode his Harley. :D No points out of the hats yet, but by the time I finish the second hat, I should get to roll the skein down to a ball.

Glad to hear your date went well and when I read the post I laughed because it's funny and cute all at the same time. Well bought a skein of yarn -2 almost bought another big thing of cotton yarn it was even on sale for 8.99 originally 9.99 but fiance told me to hold off.

you know how you will work and work and work and not make any headway on your stash:( well, that is how I have been lately, but, the last 2 days have really paid off. :cheer finished off 3 balls and one skein today. Have already added it to my siggie!!!!:clap

well yet again today I resisted temptation went to Meijer's and they had a clearance on their yarn and I walked out of the aisle and said to myself I didn't earn my bronze medal this week for nothing and walked away was kind of sad but I'm ok now still have that big skein of cotton yarn from Bernat their Handicrafter Cotton on my mind because it's $8.99 but I'm sure I'll be ok

Well, I fell off the yarn wagon. :(:shrug:embar I went to A C Moore to just see if their RHSS was on sale this week. I am going to need some black and some soft white to finish up a few projects. The RHSS wasn't on sale, but...they had some SS in the Sage Mary colorway on clearance for $1.00 a skein.

I really like that color. So, I succumbed and bought the last 5 skeins. :sigh I did use up a skein today working on my Flower Patch. That makes me -10 for the 5 skeins and +2 for the one I used up so I am - 8 for the week. Oh well, I'll get caught up soon. I hope. :devil

Well, ladies, I'm not officially in this CAL, but I like to read it all. I am trying to do some stashbusting on my own--how it multiplies!!

So, I abandoned all my projects for one big stashbusting project--a ripple made with an M hook and two strands of yarn in 2 different colors. I figured I would just use up all the yarn in the house on this one one blanket. Get focused! I said. No more looking at patterns! I said. But then...didn't I read on Crochetville that Lionbrand was giving their patterns for FREE? Looking couldn't hurt, could it?:eek

So now, because I can't stay off Crochetville for more than a day, I have TWO projects--the aforementioned ripple and a round blanket I can't remember the name of.

At this rate I'll never get my stash to disappear.:D

I used up the skein of school bus yellow that I was knitting a cat with. I know it's a weird color for a cat, but I am making my daughter and her roommate each a mascot for their dorm room.

And the yellow matches the roommate's color on her quilt.

So +2 for me so far this week.

:manyheart

I used up the skein of school bus yellow that I was knitting a cat with. I know it's a weird color for a cat, but I am making my daughter and her roommate each a mascot for their dorm room.

And the yellow matches the roommate's color on her quilt.

So +2 for me so far this week.

That sounds adorable! Any chance for pics when you are done?

I found some :yarn:yarn:yarn of pink. I used 1 making a pig (+1). I went to the doctor because my elbow was giving me trouble again. He said keep using Icy Hot and wrap it in an elastic bandage too. I'm half way into another pig, it's kind of hard to :crocheting when you can't bend your elbow much :(. maybe it'll be better tomorrow.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 109

Ellie 13

That sounds adorable! Any chance for pics when you are done?

DD took the camera when she packed for school. I'll try to get some pictures when she comes home for Labor Day.

I actually finished off two skeins so far this week - one of which was a pounder :whew

I expect to finish off at least 2 more (smaller than pounder) skeins over the charity weekend making slippers. I did my stash diving today and I should have a good chance at finishing even more than that. :yay but I won't bet the rent money on it :rofl

Started the Short 'n Sweet Bolero from the Happy Hooker book today. Using Caron SS Eco in Wine Country so I got to use up that little ball I had left from the shrug I made last week before I started on my whole skeins. +1 Hope to have some pictures of my shrug pretty soon. It was my first one and I think it turned out pretty good.

I found some :yarn:yarn:yarn of pink. I used 1 making a pig (+1). I went to the doctor because my elbow was giving me trouble again. He said keep using Icy Hot and wrap it in an elastic bandage too. I'm half way into another pig, it's kind of hard to :crocheting when you can't bend your elbow much :(. maybe it'll be better tomorrow.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 109

Ellie 13

Hope you feel better soon. It'd be no fun trying to crochet without using an elbow.

What types of pigs are you making? What do you intend to do with them?

Archived