2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

:sweat Boy I can breathe again. My internet was down all day (router got jostled I guess) and i was just so afraid that I might not get to post that big minus 42 score that I got. - it was 44 but I did bust a skein for my latest doll collection.

breathe in ... breath out

:rofl

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I have to post today is a +2. I used up one skein of black on the Scrumptious Scraps. However, :yay:yay, I did finish it up. It looks good. The rows of black in between the colors really helps set it off.

It didn't bust as much stash as I thought it would though. Looks like I'm going to have to think of something else. Does anyone have any suggestions.

OKay I managed to finish off a skein so I am not as high as before. Went to the auction on Thursday evening and stretched my achilles tendon in my right foot. It hurts so much just to walk. Lucky me I won/bought five cars that night as well. So yesterday We spent the day hunting them down at the auction house and getting them back to the shop. No rest for the injured. I told DH that today, I will not be walking anywhere except into and out of the shop.

WTD -70

It didn't bust as much stash as I thought it would though. Looks like I'm going to have to think of something else. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Judging from your avatar, you might like

http://www.crochet-world.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/pages/TCNL1509_patt1.html

which uses several strands of yarn at one time. I made one for my 4 cats, and it turned out very nice. (I used up a bunch of eyelash yarn I had no use for, along with other yarn.) Hope this helps!:hug

Well here we all are with our massive influx of negative points :sigh

This week - 42

This year -94

I have to get my tail in gear and get this gone. I have re-started the shrug already so it cuts down the odds of ever finishing a skein. I am also working from their pattern with my own design so I won't likely use as much yarn. The pattern has a very complex system of cables - which I could not follow :loco so I am doing a 3 cable pattern instead with bordering stitches.

Would y'all mind praying for me with this shrug, It is for a very special young lady who has been having a tough time the last couple of years. I want this shrug to show her that she is loved and people are with her in this time. I need the help of the Spirit to get it done... I know me and I know that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I am going to need that help to finish. Thanks all :ghug

Slow but steady progress over here. I'm working on a MAM afghan for a teen boy, so it's pretty large, and this week it used up another pound of yarn that SweetPea65 gave me a few weeks ago. Hopefully, I'll use up the rest of the third pound on the fifth panel, and some of the fourth (and last) of the same color on the border. It's strange--I'm using the same K hook, and the first two pounds produced 3 panels that were identical in width and length. The third pound, despite being 76 rows long, was significantly shorter, and when I measured the height of a row, instead of being 1" tall, it was only 3/4" tall. How could a non-dye lot yarn, same exact color, probably purchased at the same time as the other two, differ so significantly? Anyway,

score for week ending 8/15/09: +2

Love the cat crochet, too--might have to make some for my two. Patty

Used two more 5oz skeins on premie blankets but I bought two pounders for another project, Joann's Sensensations in new varigated color, one in a purple and one in a green, for new cat mats for my kitty. Trying to save the furniture in her two favorite places to sleep.

WTD: 0 YTD: 172

I did pretty well, considering the crazy week I had. We brought Lauren to college and it is hard for me, emotionally.

WTD=+7 YTD=+31!

I even tempted myself this morning and went to Wally World. I didn't buy any yarn at all.

:manyheart

Would y'all mind praying for me with this shrug, It is for a very special young lady who has been having a tough time the last couple of years. I want this shrug to show her that she is loved and people are with her in this time. I need the help of the Spirit to get it done... I know me and I know that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I am going to need that help to finish. Thanks all :ghug

What you are doing is so special, Darski. Lots of thoughts and prayers heading your way.:hug

Still working on the Wool Eater. Just doesn't seem to be going as fast as I had hoped. However, today I did spend some good, quality yarn time on it. Meet up with a group of local knitters (yes, I was the lone crocheter) and had a blast! The pics were taken awhile ago - I wasn't in attendance that day. But you get the idea. Great time!

Anyways, I worked my little fingers off this morning trying to have more numbers to report. Maybe next week it will be better

WTD 0

I used about a ball's worth of scraps (2-4 ft. pieces) on a plastic canvas project (+1) :clap. I'm down to 1 1/2 bins of :yarn. It's mostly greens, blues, purples, tan/browns, some balls of rainbow colors plus a 2/3 (+/-) skein each black and white, what can I make with that :think?

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 108

Ellie 13

Archived