2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need an atta-girl. Last night I got a call from my Mom, she had a message from my Great Aunt. Did I want her yarn? She is selling her house and no longer has the room or time for it. Apparently it was a large amount of yarn...no idea how much, no idea what it was. I actually bit my lip, cringing as I said no. I have too much yarn and I'm trying to downsize myself. Wow that was painful. :D

I also finished my leg warmers last night, of course I didn't get any points, but I worked in ends on hats & scarves I had waiting for a couple hours. Why did I decide to make scrap projects and leave the ends till later?

Well the good news is that my MM order came in today with a fabulous book on doilyghans :yay

The bad news is that it also brought 2 knitting kits with a total of 17 skeins of yarn. I am hoping to finish one skein today working on the shrug but it will be a challenge to get too much more finished as I have a couple of WIPs with pounders that need attention first. :sigh

There must be someone out there who would rise to the challenge and beat my - 34 score this week... anyone :?

I need an atta-girl. Last night I got a call from my Mom, she had a message from my Great Aunt. Did I want her yarn? She is selling her house and no longer has the room or time for it. Apparently it was a large amount of yarn...no idea how much, no idea what it was. I actually bit my lip, cringing as I said no. I have too much yarn and I'm trying to downsize myself. Wow that was painful. :D

I also finished my leg warmers last night, of course I didn't get any points, but I worked in ends on hats & scarves I had waiting for a couple hours. Why did I decide to make scrap projects and leave the ends till later?

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I couldn't have done it!

Thanks Braxxi!! If I hadn't just moved I might have caved, but when you move you get a real good look at just how much yarn you have. Especially when you have to carry it up to the third floor of your new apartment building. I will bust stash--I will I will I will....

more bad news... I got 5 skeins (pounders) at Walmart... I think my -44 should be safe for the week,

Now if any of you feel really competitive... that would be ok by me.

Well the good news is that my MM order came in today with a fabulous book on doilyghans :yay

The bad news is that it also brought 2 knitting kits with a total of 17 skeins of yarn. I am hoping to finish one skein today working on the shrug but it will be a challenge to get too much more finished as I have a couple of WIPs with pounders that need attention first. :sigh

There must be someone out there who would rise to the challenge and beat my - 34 score this week... anyone :?

Would love to help you out there, but no extra cash this week. :sigh

Bought three skeins of Caron SS Eco for a shawl tonight. I need it by October so I'm not going to start it just yet. I started a shrug tonight and should have some points from that pretty soon. That puts my YTD at 0, gotta be careful!

I'd love to help you out with that darski, but I'm really short of cash too. I'm trying to pinch pennies, the house needs a new roof. :eek I'm going to have to buy some black soon though. I use it in my scrapghans and I'm down to my last few skeins.

As a break I tried out the Wool Buster afghan pattern. That one is going to really help get the stash down to a better level. It uses a LOT of yarn. :woo My DH was fascinated with how the pattern forms. He just couldn't get over it. :lol:lol

I just finished up two balls last night on the scrapghan so another +2. I feel better now. Last week I seemed to do a lot of crocheting and not much got finished.

Okay, so I received the kit swap from Selanda yesterday and the wool I ordered from knit picks. I haven't totaled everything up as of yet. But Selanda sent me 16 skeins of yarn and I ordered around 20 skeins from KnitPicks... so that is like 36 skeins at 2 pts each that is -72 :eek. And here I finally got into the positive and something like this happens. Guess I am in the running for Shoot the Moon this week.

well I finished a skein of cotton yarn so +2 there but I also rolled a skein of yarn into a ball so +1 for me so for today +3 so for a grand total so far this week +8 yeah for me

well I finished a skein of cotton yarn so +2 there but I also rolled a skein of yarn into a ball so +1 for me so for today +3 so for a grand total so far this week +8 yeah for me

Wow! Is your hook smoking? That's some good stashbusting!

I finished a project, but I don't get to deduct any points. I will need to do another scrap project in a while. I have too many WIPs to add another.

Okay, so I received the kit swap from Selanda yesterday and the wool I ordered from knit picks. I haven't totaled everything up as of yet. But Selanda sent me 16 skeins of yarn and I ordered around 20 skeins from KnitPicks... so that is like 36 skeins at 2 pts each that is -72 :eek. And here I finally got into the positive and something like this happens. Guess I am in the running for Shoot the Moon this week.

Ah, but you have pretty yarn to play with! And you have done such an awesome job of keeping your stash under control this year!!! You deserve to enjoy the new yarn with no guilt. Besides, 72 is my very favorite number.

Ellie 13, did you post pictures any where? :hyper

I don't have a digital camera and don't know how to post pics anyway :think. I have some pics of other afghans/toys I've made (dad took them) and I would share if I could. Someday, maybe.

This week I used 5 balls making more of Krystal's charity squares (+5) :clap. Krystal, they are headed your way.

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 112

Ellie 13

Wow! Is your hook smoking? That's some good stashbusting!

I finished a project, but I don't get to deduct any points. I will need to do another scrap project in a while. I have too many WIPs to add another.

Yeah I finished this big skein of cotton yarn from Bernat's Handicrafter took me a couple months since it was 900 some yds and then I used some leftover yarn I had to make a handle for the drum case that I made

Yesssss!!! I'm off the hook... um... erm... I meant to say, "so sorry that you got such a high negative this week.

That's just too bad on you." (as she hops off into the sunset whistling a happy tune.)

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Ok, my bad :lashes

Archived