2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I just got my package from my swap partner. I have to look up where I was at for the week but I got 7 skeins from my parner, so that's -14 right there. I'm not going to make that up this week... probably not for several. Oh well.

Ok, This morning I was on a roll. I used up 1 skein of wool ease on my new cabled wrist warmer pattern (turned out lovely by the way), and then I designed a cable scarf pattern today and used another skein.

5+4=9-26= -17

13 skeins of wonderful, beautiful, amazing yarn, even if it was from walmart.

BUT, some of that was a birthday present from my mom. ( She had no idea what to get me so I suggested yarn, and she said ok, go pick out what you want, and I was like ok. I went over and grabbed two cones of cotton yarn). Anyways, I was excited!! Last years b-day (2 days early) wasn't near this good!!

Anywho!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Good night ya'll!! Off to crochet. I've got a lot of yarn to use. Not all in one night of course, but, a little at a time.

God Bless

Julee

I used 3 balls on a charity square (+3), working on a 2nd square. I'm going shopping Sat. afternoon for stuffing for the dolls. A.C. Moore has pounders on sale, 2/$9.00 :clap. I might be tempted to let some yarn "sneak" into my basket :lol.

Score: + 7

Ellie 13

I am close to this weeks goal of finishing one of the 5 baby gifts I have to do. I finished the rr baby ghan last night. So just a hat and booties left and it will be finished. In the process of finishing I wound 2 skeins down to balls last night. Yeah!! One more point to the positives for the year!!!

Just mailed out 28 skeins of yarn. + 56 Finished off 1 ball and have made 7 other full skeins into balls + 8 = +64 so far. Might get a little more done before 8pm Saturday.

I used up most of the 2 skeins for the socks - each one is now (or will be in a few minutes) a ball, so +2. -2 as well, to keep things even - I was at Michael's and couldn't find the Berella 4, and when I brought them the one lonely skein that was tucked in with the Vanna's Choice, they said it was discontinued. :cry

I was at Michael's and couldn't find the Berella 4, and when I brought them the one lonely skein that was tucked in with the Vanna's Choice, they said it was discontinued. :cry

Aw man.. that sucks. I didn't get a chance to buy any.

I haven't hooked at all this week...between one kid being sick & whinny and the other one being in the middle of potty training & whinny...add in the guy poking at the whinny kids...grrrrr..so since I probably won't have any points to add til next week I'm gonna just post my total...+4 for the week, YTD total of +14. Now where's my cocktail???

I knitted a tiny bit on Sunday and I crocheted one afghan rectangle on Tue., and that's it! I've got a 0 so far, and I don't see it changing. :( I've been working full time this week instead of part time.

So once again this week is not been good for busting stash.....aside from playing psychiatrist to my 2 best friends, dealing with my husband's obscene work schedule, and everything else, I haven't gotten much done. I did however add to my stash tonight...bought 5 skeins to make a quick comfort-ghan for one of my best friends because she is going thru a real rough patch and could use some extra comfort so I guess that -10 is really going to a good cause! Alright off to get started :crocheting

Had a very good stashbusting week.

6 rolls given away = 12

1/2 roll Sock yarn - hat = 1

1 skein RH Tweed - half moon shawl = 2

10 skeins Vanna's Choice RR = 20

10 skeins - Summer Shawl & bag [not finished](Bernat Miami) = 20

2 rolls cotton thread - doilies = 4

1 skein Bernat Satin - pineapple scarf = 2

MY TOTALS: WTD = +61 YTD = +117

I was doing so good this week. I was up to +14 and then it happened......I decided to make a RR for my supervisor's new baby (I haven't heard, but I do believe the baby finally came yesterday). While at Hobby Lobby getting the yarn, I found some RHSS Watercolor on clearance so I just HAD to get it along with coordinating colors. Then I had to go to Meijer for some Aleve, went past the yarn section and saw there was yarn on clearance, so I went down the aisle. I don't know what happened, but when I got to the check out lane, there were 4 skeins of yarn in my arms :eek

So I ended up with 13 skeins of yarn yesterday.

But I have used up 1 skein on the RR, so my damage for yesterday is -10

Hopefully I can bust through some after work today before posting time.

Below are my totals for the week. Not much done this week. My whole family has been sick with that nasty stuff that is going around. Today I have rehearsal all day for a production we are putting on at church. Taking my crocheting with me for in between scenes.

This week score for me is really good!! +8!!!! :woo Feel like I was able to accomplish something. Finally finished crocheting together double yo yos for a lapghan being sent to a children's cancer center. :yay

Now, next week the score will probably go negative again. My charity group has a new challenge for the month of March. Baby items....which means I need to go buy baby yarn (gave all mine away last year). First, I must hunt thru my patterns for a good baby afghan pattern. :sher I know which leaflet I want to use, just have to find it.

Well, I'm at -11 for the week at the moment. I bought 2 skeins of Homespun and received 7 skeins of cotton from my kitchen swap partner. I did, however, send her two skeins of cotton, use up 1 ball on the baby sweater and 1 skein of homespun on a blanket... I may be able to get another skein of homespun used today, but probably not in time... we'll see.

So, at the moment I'm at -11 WTD and 17 YTD. Maybe I'll be able to make it only -10 by the end of the day...

Archived