2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

After posting my score Saturday evening, I decided I had to start busting through some of this yarn, especially since I bought so many skeins of yarn Saturday afternoon. Sunday I busted through a skein and 4 balls, competing some scarves for charity and xmas gifts this year. Monday, I busted through another skein, but went in HL and bought another skein to finish up my mother's scarf. :think Kinda defeating my purpose here. But I can say, I went in HL to buy one skein and came out with only one skein, which was a first for me :lol. I am so proud of myself :blush:cheer:clap. I am hoping to bust through some balls or maybe a skein tonite. We shall see if I accomplish my nitely goal :lol.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After posting my score Saturday evening, I decided I had to start busting through some of this yarn, especially since I bought so many skeins of yarn Saturday afternoon. Sunday I busted through a skein and 4 balls, competing some scarves for charity and xmas gifts this year. Monday, I busted through another skein, but went in HL and bought another skein to finish up my mother's scarf. :think Kinda defeating my purpose here. But I can say, I went in HL to buy one skein and came out with only one skein, which was a first for me :lol. I am so proud of myself :blush:cheer:clap. I am hoping to bust through some balls or maybe a skein tonite. We shall see if I accomplish my nitely goal :lol.

WTG!!!

I am so proud of you too. This is major!

Ok, I used up 3 balls of yarn this evening so I guess that means I have 3 points then. They were only a couple of inches across but still, that's 3 less I have to worry about. Yay!!!

Have a great night ya'll!!!

Julee

Aack! Bought some yarn on clearance this week, so even though I've used 5 skeins, I'm -2 this week so far...first time in the negative...want to crochet more before Saturday...must get back to crocheting...

Aack! Bought some yarn on clearance this week, so even though I've used 5 skeins, I'm -2 this week so far...first time in the negative...want to crochet more before Saturday...must get back to crocheting...

5 skeins gone?? Great job!!! See, this helps to offset the ones you bought on clearance. Brought you closer to Zero than if you had just bought more and used none. Does this make sense? Or is it still too early for me?? Feels like my brain is still in my bed while my body is at work. I am leaving now and going to try to get my brain functioning. (would rather be home crocheting)

I'm 1/2 way done with another doll body. The skein should be used up when I finish it. I need to get stuffing, these dolls look like Flat Stanley :lol. If I only stuff the heads, they might work as hand puppets. I have a lot of brown, so I'm thinking of making some teddy bears. Does anyone know where I can get more safety eyes :think? I'll try to post more points before Sat.

Ellie 13

I used up a Skein of simply soft today!! So that's 2 more points which brings me to a grand total of 5 points, and tomorrow I'm gonna go into the negative. Saturday I'm turning 20 (finally) so I plan on buying myself some more yarn. Probably simply soft. Maybe some red heart sport!! We'll see!!!

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have some on clearance (please, please, please, please).

It is doable for the week to get back in the positives.

Unless you're me... out & about....hubby just spends $300+ on XBox... you say oh yeah? and then go Michaels... the Bernat Berella 4 is still there, there's even more of it and now it's only $1.00! :oops

-82 for me :sigh

:devil

Does anyone know where I can get more safety eyes :think? I'll try to post more points before Sat.

Ellie 13

I got mine on ebay, lots of sizes and colors to pick and choose from.

1 skein and one ball for finishing border on ghan and making some flower pins for apparel decorations.

I managed to break down two skeins of the stuff I bought this week, yay. +4 now.

Pictures of the finished corset purse are in the accessories show and tell.

I'm wiped out - older boy has an ear infection again and I was awake with him for most of the night. That makes 3 nights in a row with less than 5 hours sleep.

I haven't posted in a while as my score is stuck. I havent finished a skein, and I havent bought any either. I always loved using pounders in ghans, but now I wish I didnt lol.

It would be better if I got stuck in the positives, but oh well, it is what it is.

Of course you're right, and I'm feeling much better now since I used another skein today, so I'm back to zero for the week!!!

:clap:cheer:clap

5 skeins gone?? Great job!!! See, this helps to offset the ones you bought on clearance. Brought you closer to Zero than if you had just bought more and used none. Does this make sense? Or is it still too early for me?? Feels like my brain is still in my bed while my body is at work. I am leaving now and going to try to get my brain functioning. (would rather be home crocheting)

I haven't posted here all week. Ive been working on my round ripple (with pounders:eek:eek) so I havent finished a skein yet. I should finish my sisters scarf tonite and hopefully that will get me thru 2 skeins of caron SS. If not I'll think of something to get rid of them LOL maybe start a new stash granny lapgan. We'll see. Next week I'll be in Cancun YAY - first vaca with DH in 5 years... so I'll be outa the loop til 3/12. Hopefully Ill get some stash numbers posted before I leave:cheer:cheer

Archived