2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I made some 6" charity squares. Used 2 balls and rolled a skein into a ball (+3). The weather has been bad, so I only go out when I have to (work :P). If it keeps up, I'll get a lot more :crocheting done :clap. I'm getting a yarn donation together, so that'll up my points too :D.

Score: + 3

Ellie 13

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Ladies! Looks like there were more of us in the positive than the negative last week!! Yeah!!!:cheer

I did not reach my goal last week of finishing one of five baby gift sets I was working on. I did finish the rr, and then last night I finished the booties and hat, except the finish work. I still need to work in the ends and put ribbons on the booties.

My new goal for this week is to complete the giant pile of finish work that needs to be completed. I know that won't get me much stash busted, but it will clear off the pile on the couch which is almost as good.

My joanns order arrived.

th_babyclouds.jpg

Gulp. I'm now at -90 for the week.

Do I haveta go change my sig? .... she whines as she clicks the user cp link.

It's so much fun to read all the posts, and get inspired, and get some crocheting done!!! I finished two more skeins on my RR, and I'm about half done with the last one!!! So I get a +4 for this week, bringing my ytd to +12. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an afghan to finish!

Well, off to a good start this week. Used 2 skeins yesterday on another purse, mailed out 27.5 skeins this morning and bought 6 skeins this afternoon. Leaving me with a +53 for this week so far.

I got a surprise in the mail of some squares for a lapghan for the Nursing home and she added 3 balls and a mostly full skein of the yarn she used in making them so -5 for me.

Our local project linus group has not been able to meet the needs for teen sized afghan. I'd but aside a mixed green and brown one since Christmas but had some what I think is Painted Desert (no labels) so started a rectangular granny. Trying to work as fast as I can as next week will be really topsy turvy with starting our remodel. Wanted to add a solid to the painted desert but didn't have anything in my stash I liked and trying so hard to stay out of the lys or any yarn store. Need to dig through a couple more totes and see if I can find anything to compliment it. Thinking of a nutmeg or black border so it is more manish. Off to search!

My score is now awful! I bought yarn for an afghan and some cotton because it was on sale. my new score is -36 and I'm hoping to buy some more yarn this week as RH SS is on sale.

I managed to break two skeins down to balls, and once i finish the edging on this blanket, will probably be able to claim another 2 skeins, Yay!

EDIT: Did finish the last two skeins, yippee!

Did you know that those big cones of cotton actually have an end? I found one today! So my WTD is +8 and my YTD is +16. I probably won't be able to add much to my score in the near future. I only have big skeins, balls, or cones left in my stash. So now I need some big projects...:crocheting and some time to get them done.

SO I finished the baby blanket I was working on to sell on consignment at the local shop, that was 2 skeins...and I started working on baby girl things for my soon-to-be SIL who is due this summer...so that was another skein...so WTD = 6 and YTD = 18!! And I'm still having issues with my sig, but AmyS is helping me out, so hopefully that will be fixed soon!!:clap

Ahhh well I used up one skein on my 6-12-24 RR (+2) but then I needed to buy another skein because I didnt have enough (-2)

A well

The doctor put me on bed today for the next 3-5 days, so I had to pick up some yarn today for my next RR.

I bought 3 skeins, so that puts me at -4

At least I will have plenty of time to crochet and bust some stash :hook

Archived