2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sally Mae~That sounds alot like me ds. The dr just listened to his lungs and said he had pneumonia. she didn't do any tests. If she has been exposed I would call and get her tested. They can give her something today if she has influenza that will help. if you wait they can't do that. I just hate seeing the young ones sick! I would want you to beable to do everything that you can to help.

Just got back from the doctor and DD has the very beginnings of pneumonia.

I'm glad to hear you got her in to see a doctor so fast. Hopefully since they found the pneumonia in the beginning stage, it will prevent it from getting any worse. I'm sure you know this, but cut out all milk products and push the non-dairy liquids. Sending good thoughts your way. :hug

I busted through 2 skeins of yarn yesterday.

+4

When I had pneumonia in 2006, they didn't do any tests either. But I tell you the antibiotics kicked it quickly. I had been suffering for weeks, trying to work etc, and by the time I went to the doc I was suffocating.

DH went from no symptoms to the ER in 36 hours this year with a bug. Scary for a healthy 30 year old man! He got better within a week though, that was good. Super hydration with watered down apple juice is what he was prescribed. Yuck.

In stash busting news, I actually have a score. I am +4 this week so far as I finally finished two pounders. But in doing so realized that I am going to have to buy one more of one color in order to finish this ghan, and it has a dyelot too (argh). So that will decrease my score by the end of the week.

My whole family has had this with the bad cough I am going on my third week and still have a little cough. The only thing that knocked it out of my husband was a z pac. It just wants to hang on forever. I hope she gets better soon.

earlier this year my dh went from fine to the er in four hours with pneumonia. My ds got a fever (104) last thurs. night. took him to dr on sat morning. she said it was pnumonia. tues. took him to the local dr and he said it was probably influenza a, tested and sure enough it was. he figured it was never pneumonia. So thats why I am kind of hesatint on the diagnosis without tests. But it the antibiotics are working you will know right away of course. I sure hope no one gets the influenza a! It really sucks!!

I'm so sorry everyone, I know I don't have the scores done yet. DD has been having 101+ fevers all weekend. So this is the first time I've been online long enough to do anything.

I'm going to try and get DD in to the doctor today and see what's going on, so hopefully tonight I can get scores done. Again I'm so sorry everyone.

Family first!! You take care of DD and don't worry about the scores. Hope she gets to feeling better soon. And take care of yourself too.

Awww, hope DD is well again soon! And anyone else who's been under the weather, I know it's no fun!

On the plus side... literally... I sent out 88 full skeins today from ebay sales.. have quite a bit left to go... +176 for the week.. so far.....

:devil

Finished off a half-skein, +1

Week Starting March 9: wtd = (-81 + 1) = -80, ytd = 105

today: Finished off a half skein and a full skein. + 3

wtd = -77, ytd = 108

I'm confused about something. I know how it works on your weekly total when you acquire yarn.. but does that also affect your ytd totals?

Seems to me that it should not... because you've still used skeins even though you now have new yarn.

I finally got through one skein and still have a little ball left from the other skein for +3 so far. I hope to finish off that one ball and 2 more skeins by tomorrow.

Lisaizme -

The YTD total is cumulative.

WEek1 = +10

Week2 = -5

Then your YTD cumulative would be +5.

So yes, your YTD does change as your WTD changes.

Yeah.. I understand when it's positive that it changes. What I don't quite see is why the ytd should go down when you have negative wtd totals. You've still used the yarn.

I'm doing it as shown.. just don't see the logic in it.

Finished off a half-skein, +1

Week Starting March 9: wtd = (-81 + 1) = -80, ytd = 105

today (Monday): Finished off a half skein and a full skein. + 3

wtd = -77, ytd = 108

Tuesday AM: finished another 1/2 skein. +1

wtd -76, ytd 109

I'm back to YTD positive!! I finished a skein last night on an afghan I am making, and it put me in the positives!! Yeah!! I didn't post for the end of last week, but I was only at +1 so it is not a big deal...

Since the points were already totaled for last week (missed the post), I'll add them to this week. I made a Greek tortoise from a pattern somewhere in the 'ville. He turned out cute. Used 2 balls (+2). I found just enough cotton to make a scrubbie (+1). Plus the points I didn't post last week, my total is +7. I hope to get more points in before Sat.

Ellie 13

Since the points were already totaled for last week (missed the post), I'll add them to this week. I made a Greek tortoise from a pattern somewhere in the 'ville. He turned out cute. Used 2 balls (+2). I found just enough cotton to make a scrubbie (+1). Plus the points I didn't post last week, my total is +11. I hope to get more points in before Sat.

Ellie 13

Ellie - I got your points in last week, so you don't have to carry them over.

Lisaizme - I guess it doesn't really matter what you do with your YTD, as it's a personal thing anyway - we just use the WTD for scoring. I use my YTD as a gauge whether I've used more than I've bought for the entire year.

Archived