2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krystal - you'd be so proud!

Had a Dr's app't yesterday for an upper endoscopy :yuck and afterwards, DH says what do ya wanna do now? We were s'posed to go to Lowes to pick up another cabinet/wardrobe thing, but we took the Jeep instead of the truck, so it would never fit. And did I say, I wanna go see what yarn is on sale?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I say, I wanna go look at the hot yellow truck sitting at the dealership that showed up last week! He said Ok.... so I bought this instead of yarn

th_3.jpg

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I gave up *super luxury* for a TRUCK! BUT, I've wanted the yellow one for 2 years since we bought his truck.. and I really had no intention on buying it. But when they came back and said that they'd give me $1000 less than I paid for it (the Jeep that is), which was $2000 more than I even owed on it (which was $10,000 more than it booked for! :eek:eek) I took the deal & ran!

Ok, so it's not yarn or stashbusting related, but I just wanted to share :lol

Afterall, it will carry the yarn I'm shipping off from ebay sales today, it kinda is related :yes

Oh, I AM SO PROUD!!! Maybe now DH won't be so scared when you wanna buy a bitty old box of yarn on Ebay... that truck probably cost more than all of your yarn put together! (Well, maybe... you've sent pics of your stash!) I don't like yellow, but I am so glad you found a perky little vehicle you like!

Krystal - you'd be so proud!

Had a Dr's app't yesterday for an upper endoscopy :yuck and afterwards, DH says what do ya wanna do now? We were s'posed to go to Lowes to pick up another cabinet/wardrobe thing, but we took the Jeep instead of the truck, so it would never fit. And did I say, I wanna go see what yarn is on sale?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I say, I wanna go look at the hot yellow truck sitting at the dealership that showed up last week! He said Ok.... so I bought this instead of yarn

th_3.jpg

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I gave up *super luxury* for a TRUCK! BUT, I've wanted the yellow one for 2 years since we bought his truck.. and I really had no intention on buying it. But when they came back and said that they'd give me $1000 less than I paid for it (the Jeep that is), which was $2000 more than I even owed on it (which was $10,000 more than it booked for! :eek:eek) I took the deal & ran!

Ok, so it's not yarn or stashbusting related, but I just wanted to share :lol

Afterall, it will carry the yarn I'm shipping off from ebay sales today, it kinda is related :yes

Nght, it is a winner for sure....

A custom we have had for a while, not sure how or who started it, but we throw a handful of coins in the new vehicles for good luck, so here you go...

:applause:2magic:2c :2c :2c :2c $$$$$$$$$$$$

I know it isn't much but it is all I could find...

I reevaluated my score and got +7. I used a ball working on my doll and a ball starting another Greek tortoise (+2). I should get at least one of them done by Sat.

Score: + 9

Ellie 13

P.S. Nght, I love your new "toy".

Nght I LOVE the Yellow truck. Use it in good health

My stash busting is going oh so slowly, but it is moving in the positive. I used up one skein for my niece's afghan. I hope to be using up some more yarn on my 6-12-24 RR this week.

so for the week #11

WTD +2

YTD -7

Nght, I love your new truck. Congratulations :clap:clap

I have used 3 more skeins on my ghan today.

I was sent 4 skeins of yarn from a FGM today and I love the colors I received.

I was at +12, add 3 more skeins +18, subtract the 4 skeins I was gifted and that puts me at +10.

Time to bust through some more skeins on my ghan. It is getting close to being done.

In stash busting news, I actually have a score. I am +4 this week so far as I finally finished two pounders. But in doing so realized that I am going to have to buy one more of one color in order to finish this ghan, and it has a dyelot too (argh). So that will decrease my score by the end of the week.

well good news, they had the same dyelot! Yay!!!!!! ok, well back down to +2

But...

Two more skeins jumped into my cart...don't know how. So now I am -2!

I need to start busting!

Hooray! My daughter - 13 years old - wants to learn to crochet!:cheer So I gave her a skein of yarn and some hooks. This brings my WTD to +4, and YTD to +20. Then I bought her more yarn -- it doesn't count towards my total if it's for her, right? :devil

Wait giving it to household members lowers your score?

"Hey hunny..."

Well, it's not MINE any more, right? And I have to teach her the fine art of building a stash while she's still young.:laughroll

Thanks for all the compliments, she's a beauty! Almost felt kinda sad bringing the title in for the Jeep tonight :think

Anyway, in stashbusting news.... I sent out 113 full skeins & 12 partials from ebay sales today... for +238

Not half bad for not picking up a hook, huh? But I've been eyeing up some sale yarn tho with my ebay winnings :rofl:rofl

Nght - Congrats on the new truck!:yay Love the rims!! Just traded my Jeep in for a Fusion. Had to have something with better gas mileage.

Beth - Have fun teaching your daughter the fun of playing with yarn and hook.:crocheting Here is a site that will help you teach others how to crochet. Found this site yesterday Each One Teach Two

Oh, stash busting?? What's that?? Can't seem to get any points this week. Working on a baby afghan that takes 4 colors. Just can't seem to get thru a full skein of anything.

Cool truck NGHT... of course, I'm partial to Dodges... I'm on my 3rd and love them all. I'd still have my Dakota if DH could actualy drive stick (can't because of his bad knee...) or we could have afforded two vehicles...

In stash busting news... I did get a good bit of work done on a baby blanket while waiting around the lab during my 3-hour glucose test. Not enough to finish off any one skein (2 colors of baby weight take forever!), but I should finish them up today or Saturday on my flights... Yep, this is my last plane trip for quite a while... no more travel for me until after Boo is born!

Thanks for all the compliments, she's a beauty! Almost felt kinda sad bringing the title in for the Jeep tonight :think

Anyway, in stashbusting news.... I sent out 113 full skeins & 12 partials from ebay sales today... for +238

Not half bad for not picking up a hook, huh? But I've been eyeing up some sale yarn tho with my ebay winnings :rofl:rofl

You are incorrigible!!!!

Archived