2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see your question hasn't been answered yet, so I'll take a stab at it.

The rules in the first post state: For every SKEIN you buy, get given or inherit, you LOSE 2 points!!!

I interpret this to mean that any skein that is acquired by any means counts as -2. So if I were to spin a skein of yarn from some wool roving, I'd count that as a -2.

Let me know if I'm wrong about that. And hope I didn't step on any toes by answering.

Tia, you are definitely not stepping on any toes. I'm so glad you answered this while I've been too busy to help anyone. Thank you!

I am going to post my YTD, since I won't be able to pick up anything fun for a while.

WTD 0

YTD -149

It's been a lot of fun. I can't wait to start again next year.:hug

I am posting early. Think I'm coming down with a cold. So here's my end of the year score.

wtd=+9 ytd=+257

Happy New Year, everyone! See you in 2009's game.

Maybe I'll finally get gold. At least I'll try to.

Best luck in 2009 to everyone.

:manyheart

I got one last skein busted to finish out the year! :clap If I'm able to bust anymore I'll just update it here but I doubt I'll get anymore done today. I can at least get it started for next year though :hook

WTD +6 YTD -270

:woo I can't believe I pulled my score that far under -300 in the last month. I guess I can do it if I really try hard :lol

Happy New year everybody!!!

I will not be finishing any skeins tonight as I will be working on my afghan squares and they are from a KG of yarn. Therefore I will post the News :sigh now so that I don't forget by midnight.

This week -20

this year -148

I've always counted my plarn, but it's your call if you want to count them or not.

SO - I'm +6 this week for working on my scrapghan. Which makes me even for the year.

I will probably be working more tonight as I ring in the new year, but I'll wait to count it for tomorrow.

WTD:

+11 Tia GOLD MEDAL!

+9 CLLinda SILVER MEDAL!

+6 hseger BRONZE MEDAL!

+6 rlando BRONZE MEDAL!

+5 econ-nerd

+3 Ellie13

0 basjordan

-1 walker1021

-4 dragonpuck

-14 KellyA

-20 darski SHOOT THE MOON!

YTD

+328 Ellie13 GOLD MEDAL!

+267 dragonpuck SILVER MEDAL!

+257 CLLINDA BRONZE MEDAL!

+82 Tia Congratulations on your positive score!!!

-4 Amethyst Mist

-72 econ-nerd

-124 appy lover

-148 darski

-149 basjordan (almost caught you, darski!)

-249 walker 1021

-270 hseger - do you want the shoot the moon for the year? I don't think that's a bad score.

Darsi thank you for saving me from the Shoot the moon award :hug

I have a few gift cards I need to use and will be heading out soon (needed to wait for the stores to open)

See you all in the '09 games :yarn:yarn:yarn:hook:hook:yarn:yarn:yarn

Darsi thank you for saving me from the Shoot the moon award :hug

I have a few gift cards I need to use and will be heading out soon (needed to wait for the stores to open)

See you all in the '09 games :yarn:yarn:yarn:hook:hook:yarn:yarn:yarn

:blush I try to be helpful :wlol

I am enjoying this short while when I don't yet have any minus numbers in the new cal. :yay:manyheart

We won't discuss next week until we have to eh? :rofl

I was out of town on the 31st and never got a chance to post, so here it is. I was doing ok until after Christmas. I decided to make something for myself. I am making a shawl out of Aunt Lydia's bamboo, using 2 strands. So far I have bought 10 balls and I have used 6, but am crusing toward 8.

So my year end for 2008 was -124. I finished my last Christmas present tonight...it was sad, I was so close. I didn't have the ends worked in on my brother's afghan when I gave it to him.

Thank you everyone for this cal in 2008 I appreciate the support of other yarnaholics!! Happy New Year...see you in the 2009 game!!

Welcome home, appy lover! I added your YTD score.

This CAL helped. My stash would be out of control (even worse than now) if I had never joined. And I'm so glad to have met so many like-minded friends! See you in the 2009 Stashbuster CAL!:hug

• 4 weeks later...

Since the 2008 Stashbusting CAL is over, I've been asked to close this thread. To post your 2009 Stashbusting efforts, please come on over to this thread to post.

Good luck to everyone!

Archived