2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

The doctor put me on bed today for the next 3-5 days, so I had to pick up some yarn today for my next RR.

I bought 3 skeins, so that puts me at -4

At least I will have plenty of time to crochet and bust some stash :hook

OMG Mel!! Hope it is nothing too serious. Have fun getting rid of your stash while you are following the doctor's orders.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still consider myself new to crocheting, since I learned less than a year ago, so I'm quite proud that I was asked to make leg and arm warmers for a costume for a ballet adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. (I'm making the stripes on the Cheshire cat.) Well, I needed to get some yarn, didn't have any hot pink in my stash. So I bought 2 skeins of RedHeart SuperSaver in hot pink. It looks stunning against the burgundy. (She says with a shudder.) This brings my total WTD down to +4, and my YTD to +12.

The doctor put me on bed today for the next 3-5 days, so I had to pick up some yarn today for my next RR.

I bought 3 skeins, so that puts me at -4

At least I will have plenty of time to crochet and bust some stash :hook

Hope you are running around again soon, but enjoy the quiet crochet time!

Dreams of Yarn, hope you'll soon be feeling better. (With non-stop crochet time, what am I saying? LOL)

I'm about 1/8the of the way through a sweater pattern, and finished off two skeins already! +4

Hey there Mel, hope it's nothing too serious. Take care of yourself. :hug

Working on a couple of slow projects at the moment, so as much as I'm using up stash, the points aren't doing a thing.

Thanks ladies for the kind words. I am on bed rest for my back. I have degenerative disc disease (among other things wrong with my back), and 2 of the bottom discs are just about touching now. The doctor has me on steroids, muscle relaxers, pain pills and lots and lots of rest. Right now I am camped out on my new couch with my laptop nearby...along with lots of yarn and hooks.

I had to go to the pharmacy this morning to pick up a prescription that they didn't have last night, and while I was out I stopped at Big Lots. I found some yarn that I just had to have. I bought 11 skeins of Paton's Bohemian. So that brings my total for the week so far to: -26.

I better get the hooks flying :hook

Bought 10 balls of purple yarn, was gifted 2 balls of pink yarn by my SP

So that -24

I have used up 1 full ball of cotton, 6 full balls of pink yarn, gifted 3 full balls of yarn, so that makes my total

-4 so far this week

Just thought I'd stop in and post an update. I slowed down a bit because I was trying something new (not a pure rectangle). I didn't post last week because there was no change in score. I finished a pair of mittens, which used a full skein and a bit of scrap yarn, so that's plus 2. I've started a shrug with Homespun, which seems to working up rather quickly. That or I'm spending lot of time on it. Hmm, maybe. Anyhow, I hope to finish another skein before Saturday night.

finished cotton shawl, and bam it is gone, claimed by someone, :lol. Started another shawl of my own design using spider lace on a background of ch 5 arches. It is shaping up nicely. Only about 1/4 of the way through the first skein, so no points to claim.

Well I lied. I came across a pile of RHSS and SS at a thrift store that was just too good to pass up. At least is all yarn I'll use and I didn't go overboard and buy the thread and other yarn they had too. So there was 16 skeins and 7 balls for -39 points. Guess I'm not getting out of the negatives now. :lol

Well, last night was the first time all week I've been able to pick up a hook. Finished off another skein of Homespun on the baby blanket. (It just needs eding now...) It looks like this week will be a small numbers week, but at least in the positives this time... +2 for now, probably a little bit more by tomorrow night.... I hope.

Made 4 skeins into balls while making a tote and used up a different ball making squares for +5

Gonna be quite a while getting out of the neg here.

Archived