2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay time for catch up since I haven't been on in a while (should be fixed in a few weeks :yay)

2/17-2/23= 3pts

2/24-3/1= 5pts

This week= -33

I bought 17 and turned one into a ball... at least I bought them all with patterns in mind!! :hook

I gave away 2 skeins and 3 balls :clap (+7). I went to Micheal's to get stuffing for my dolls. Four Sugar & Cream Cotton skeins jumped into my basket and said "We're only 4/$5.00 and you know you need new pot holders". I couldn't say no :sigh (-8). Good news though, I started a pot holder on the bus trip home and got it more than 1/2 done :cheer. I was doing it in sc, but when when I got home I found the pattern said "dc" :oops. Instead of frogging, I just kept going until I used the whole skein (+2). If I do it again, I can get four 6 1/2" (+/-) potholders.

Score + 4

Ellie 13

Trying to bust through the skeins I purchased this week

I am still in the negatives for the week, hoping to get through them by tomorrow (still at -6):blush

Well, I did it......I broke down and bought 8 skeins (400gr EACH) this week. It was a great price and it was aran (ww) weight which I rarely find here AND it was 100% acrylic (can't use wool). So really, I just HAD to buy some. lol I have started a blanket with some blue I got and have been working on a shawl for my SIL who has just had her 3rd surgery for breast cancer and is awaiting chemo and radium treatment.

So this week my totals are:

WTD = -10

YTD = +35

Posting my weekly totals now because I have to go pick my dd up at the airport 90 miles away in a little while. Not that far a drive, but when I did this in December.. I ended up being gone all day (long story).

Made a skein into a ball making squares.. +1, adding to the +5 from earlier this week.. makes my totals:

WTD (- 87 +6) = -81, YTD +104

If I get home in time to bust some more.. I'll edit this.

Weekly Score is -1. Not too bad considering I bought 4 skeins earlier this week. Now, to stay out of the yarn store.

Got my monthly newsletter from my LYS. She has new yarns in stock! Uh Oh...:eek:eek

Archived