2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Posting early because I am going Prom dress shopping with DD at Woodfield. I'll be dead tired when I get home.

:manyheart

I am jealous I haven't been to Woodfield in years. Have fun shopping. I remember shopping for prom dresses with my youngest...took weeks.

I am going to crochet today so I hope to update my score later but in case I get busy and don't get back

+10 WTD

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still working on some balls that I hope to get finished before the deadline but I'm going to go ahead and put my score so far up in case I get sidetracked and don't get back here today.

I got one more ball done last night for +1 so my total for the week is.....

WTD +8

I have busted through 2 more skeins. 1 on my RR and 1 on a new 2 strander I've started using a size P hook. I hope to have at least 1 more skein used up before posting time.

+14

Posting now - have a small family urgency (left daught at hair salon to have her hair corrected - currently has bright orange hair - not the color she had asked for)

My total for the week is +41

Did that color in honor of DD :devil

Posting early because I am going Prom dress shopping with DD at Woodfield. I'll be dead tired when I get home.

Good luck! I'm not too fond of Woodfield because I feel like it takes forever to get from one store I want to visit to the next. However, I can see why you would go there for this task.

Anyhow, I finished one skein of yarn this week on my shrug, so that's +2 for the week for me and puts me into positive territory for the year!

WTD: +2 YTD: +2

Had a pretty decedent stashbusting week.

+33 for some skeins and scraps given away

+6 for a magic ball swap

+2 for a thread doily

+1 for the start of a round ripple

+2 more for the same round ripple

+4 for a baby afghan

+2 for two dishcloths

So, for the week:

2008 Stashbusting Game: WTD: 50 YTD: +206

Well... I finished off two skeins on the seemingly never-ending blankie, but.... I bought two new skeins yesterday. This puts me at a grand total of:

0 WTD

I don't feel guilty about the two skeins purchased though. I was in Minnesota the tail end of the week (just got home actually...) and wouldn't ya know it... but one of the two Hobby Lobbys in Minnesota was only about a 20 minute drive from where I was. Wait, 20 min to go to Hobby Lobby? Why? Well, I live in PA and don't have any! I picked up two skeins of I love This Yarn in the crayon colorway. Very bright and soft and wonderful! I'll add some white to it and make a niffy blankie for Project Linus (or my own kiddo...) And it was on sale! 2 skins for only $5!

Ok... Off to try and finish the blankie... I'm soo close to done it's not even funny....

I haven't used any yarn this week, with everyone sick and sock madness starting, I haven't done much busting of the stash. 0 for the week

------------------

Wow not many people have posted scores, so this will just be a starter list. I'll update it in the morning if anyone else posts after this.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Overachiever Award Nght +446

First Place LegalWoman17 +50

Second Place KellyA +41

Third Place Ellie 13 +33

HappyOldCro +27

DreamsOfYarn +16

unicorn37757 +14

raelynn +11

CLLinda +10

anglefire +10

hseger +9

TammyNC +8

econ nerd +6

isserlie +4

walker1021 +2

Krystal16 +2

Cesa +2

goofy +2

laurawithchild +2

basjordan +2

appy lover +2

RusticOkie +1

Addey 0

Crafty Witch 0

ldyer1 -2

lpgeorge123 -6

CraftyJen -14

YummyMummyJennifer -16

slksneel -18

HappyOldCro -24

Shoot the moon Lisaizme -64

What a week!!! So yesterday I found out tht if I want to do the farmer's market this summer I need to have my stuff ready fot the jury deal in 2 weeks!! So I bought the yarn & thread that I will need for the projects I have in mind last night...15 skeins...yikes...

Never thought I could dig out of that hole, but then I remember that I had this dingy yarn that was gifted to me over a year ago, it has still not lost the smell of smoke from previos owner. So I tossed it. I have never in my whole life threw away yarn like that...good for + 28 points

so that combined with what I crocheted this week...

WTD +5 Ytd +5

off to correct signature....

Yikes!!!!!!!! I haven't posted for the last two weeks. I have forgotten plus I have been busy with school work (mid term exams and projects and papers) and I have been sick. I barely had time to pop in here and see what was going on and a couple of days I didn't get to pop in at all :eek.:( I haven't busted through anything nor have I bought any yarn so my scores have been the same now for 3 weeks.:think I need to crochet and relax for a while. Maybe this week will be better for me.

Have a great week and bust through that yarn. :hook:crocheting:hug:manyheart

I love the overachiever award! While I doubt I'll ever place with finishing one or two skeins per week, those huge weekly scores are a bit disheartening. Putting them in a different category is a great idea :clap

Archived