2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I have managed to finish off 3 little balls so far this week... love those preemie hats.

It will be nice to be able to whittle some more off my 'almost shot the moon' score from way back when. :rofl

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up 3 balls today on squares for my pinwheel quilt bedspread so +3 but will probably go buy a bunch more yarn tomorrow or sometime this week for my SP project. We'll have to see.

I definitely need to start Stashbusting! I've got a tub in the basement filled to the brim. I usually try to do one or two small projects from the stash in between bigger projects. Count me in for 2008!

:hook

Ok, I've been reading this cal for a long, long, long time, and I think it's time to admit defeat and join in. I have SOOOOO much yarn. Way to much yarn and the stash keeps growing bigger. So, it's time to start busting it. Little by little!!

Anywho, I'm in!!

Have a wonderful night ya'll!!

Julee

Well, I finished up a half skein finishing the sleeves on a baby sweater (+1) and then picked up 2 skeins of homespun (-4) that I need for the blanket DH wants me to make our baby. (Homespun isn't my idea... but... it was what he wanted and it's only a small blankie... and it was actually on sale.)

That puts me at -3 for the week. I should be able to get a lot closer to 0 for the week, which will make me happy. Now, to sew the sleves into the sweater so I can finish it... (I was too tired to mess with inset sleves last night...)

I was bad yet again last night. What is wrong with me?? I keep thinking of new things I want to make even before the last ones are done. My stash grows insead of shrinking, and it needs to shrink.

I bought 2 skeins of thread last night, but managed to use up 1 whole skein making a barbie dress and a quick little doily thing out of the left overs. The barbie dress was pretty, and bright red in honor of the red dresses at the oscars. It has a purpose, I want to have another craft booth soon. I needed stuff to sell in summer --not just hats and scarves. So I thought some Barbie dresses and some scented sachets of some kind. Then maybe some little bags for cell phones and i-pods.

I think I was also rebelling against all the stuff I need to make. 5 --yes 5--pregnant freinds and family members. They all need special baby things. And my sis graduates this spring, and I want to make her some house stuff. Dish clothes, hanging towels, rugs and maybe an afghan.

I'm working on the never ending blouse, and using baby fine yarn so as much as I'm hooking along, it feels like I'm not getting very far. Lol.

But hopefully I will be able to report one skein down by the end of the week.

I think I was also rebelling against all the stuff I need to make. 5 --yes 5--pregnant freinds and family members. They all need special baby things. And my sis graduates this spring, and I want to make her some house stuff. Dish clothes, hanging towels, rugs and maybe an afghan.

I can understand the feeling of rebelling against all of that. 5 pregnant people to craft for is a lot! Good luck! :hug

I've got a start on projects for 3 of the 5 babies. Each is getting a RR-- one down and 2 almost finished. I made the body of a stuffed fish to go with the finished one, but I am still trying to work out how to finish the fins and face. The other 2 rr have about 3 rows each to be finished, and then matching sweaters, stuffies, hats and/or baby booties. I have plenty of time to get them done, no one is past 2nd trimester, but there is a lot to get done.

GOAL: Finish 1 complete baby set before the end of the week. This should help my stash busting score considerably.

I bought 6 skeins today for my SP project so I'll be busting them by the end of the week I hope but -12 for me. At least I had already gotten +3 so it wasn't so bad. My goal is to get back to positive for the week. :hook

Welcome aboard CandesMom and Julee.

The bunny is so cute....my DD is into alot of Plastic Canvas. She is making Barbie furniture and accessories right now for a craft fair.

Still working on Shawl and Baby ghan, only 18 more squares to go on the ghan and I am on row 36 of shawl, as the rows get longer I go slower, :lol. Definitely need a break from joining those squares, I am pushing myself to get it done. Just ordered 12 skeins of Boucle, so I need to get some work finished before it comes in.

I used up the rest of my black skein. Afghan completed. I made a doll but I don't have enough stuffing. I made the dress and started the coveralls for a boy doll. So far I've used 2 balls and half of 2 skeins this week. :cheer

Score: + 4

Ellie 13

I also have that feeling of crocheting and crocheting and not making any dent in the yarn (might be because I am using pounders...........:lol) But have almost finished 2 skeins on my ripple and have made it nearly 1/3 of the way thru another afghan that has been giving me fits so hopefully will have SOMETHING to report this week! It gets depressing having a 0 score for at least 2 weeks....Oh well off to :crocheting some more before I have to start dinner.

Oh, and did I mention I nearly burned dinner last night because I just wanted to get "one more row" done?? OOps!!:embar

Did it again - walmart called me in to the diminished yarn aisle, and I diminished it some more, lol.

Two skeins of nylon yarn for a corset purse. (-4) It's almost done, and its SO cute! I'll have to take some pictures of it; I actually have cup shaping to the thing!

Archived