2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

2 balls Sugar-n-Cream into my new FBB

Working on a knit project so I'm going through the skeins pretty slowly :). Also downloaded my next crochet project pattern, so may be headed to the store tomorrow to get yarn...I don't have enough of the same thing in my stash for another sweater!

WEEKLY SCORE: +2

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go Yo Yo Lady, Go!! This project will definately use up lots of those little balls all over the house. :cheer

well, all the yo-yos were done last year, so I don't suppose I should count them. I'm only going to count the yarn I use for joining all them tiny little circles. I've started the second skein, which I should us up tomorrow. I should keep on the positive side for awhile, that is unless I go anywhere near a yarn store in the next couple of days! I'm trying to be good, but it's just sooo hard!

So, this will be my final tally for the week, +2. It's bingo night so I won't be doing any crocheting for the rest of the day, so my totals won't change.

Oh Boy, went to eye drs this am and made mistake of stopping at ollies. Picked up 15 skeins (99cents and 1.99 each) makes -30, but then gifted 4 of them to daughter (they were Mainstay, her favorite yarn, +8, then got home to find 5 full skeins and 2 half skeins waiting in the mail for me -ll.

Finishing off 2 balls on more of my projects, which will give me +2. So -31 for me today only, :oh dear.

That makes -52 for the week. Only expecting 2 more skeins in the mail, and will be gifting out alot next week, so together with my projects I should get closer to 0 again.

:tup.

Gotta go change totals on siggy.

Hey Mel, my speedy friend, this is got to be one CAL you should win, :wink

WOW Carol, you got some great deals today :clap:clap

I started out the week in the hole, dug myself back out, got on the plus side, then bought yarn today and dropped back to +2. Seems as fast as I use yarn up, I buy more :rolleyes

I will probably be knitting the rest of the night, like I've done the past 3 days so I will end my week with negative 4

Did anyone happen to find 3 pairs of knitting needles lying around? I can't find my straights for anything. I asked hubby and he was clueless. I have looked EVERYWHERE! If you happen to find an extra size 6,7,8 bates knitting needles... tell them to come home immediately! :rofl

ok so here's my final score for the week. 2 balls used up (+2) and one skein used up completely! That makes +4. Hooray! I do have to admit, I am itching to get to the craft store for yarn (that I probably won't use for a while, I just need to have it!:blush). Off to change my sig!

Ok, so here is my total for this week: I gave away 60 balls and 10 full skeins to Project Linus, I used 6 full skeins finishing my Aztec Sun and starting my Impressive Plaid, but I purchased 20 skeins to do those afghans. So that would be:

60 @ 1 = 60

10 @ 2 = 20

6 @ 2 = 12

20 @ -2 = -40

My total for this week: +52

Wow...everyone is doing so good. I've been down with a cold so I'm still at a 0. I'm getting back to crocheting though so next week I should have a number to post! I'm working on felted purses to use up 100% wool, and a strawberry doll that I bought the hands and head for many years ago. Congratulations to all who have been using up their stashes!

I did pretty good this week. I didn't buy any yarn and used up several balls of yarn in my stash along with a couple of new skeins.

MY TOTAL FOR THE WEEK IS: +20

:cheer:clap:cheer

In two weeks, ACMoore's is having a huge sale, where, if I'm reading the booklet right, CSS will be $1 a skein....how oh how can I resist!
Where is there a AC Moore's when I need one?

My WTD is 9 , I had to clean my bedroom today and couldn't crochet until now. I don't plan on getting another skein done before 8 p.m.

Woohoo! :clap Moving along on my scrapghan...

Score for the week: +10

Somebody please smack me the next time I decide to wind up a tiny ball with 2 strands of yarn. I could've screamed trying to undo it into balls of one strand. :angry

Well, I finally got to the laundrymat and was able to finish a 1-skein scarf I'd only done a few rows of earlier, so that gives me + 2, making my total for the week only a -10! I was hoping to get a lot more done today, but I've been in a funk and haven't wanted to touch anything...

This was a short week, so don't worry if you didn't get as much busted as you thought you may have. We have a tie for 2nd place and a 3 way tie for third!

FIRST PLACE---> FelixLake +52

SECOND PLACE--> CraftyJen +20

SECOND PLACE--> donnalynn2 +20

THIRD PLACE---> rlanto +10

THIRD PLACE---> super granny +10

THIRD PLACE---> yarn_monkey +10

angelfire +9

silvermoon42 +7

LaurieE +6

dare2bdifferent +6

dreamsofyarn +6

laurawithchild +4

2kute +4

Pianoducky +2

Nght +2

luvmnms +2

tamugrad02 +1

renegade 0

CyM -3

laughlovehook -4

scc51055 -8

Robyn -9

Addey -10

SHOOT THE MOON---> hseger -13

----------

If someone posts in after this, I'll edit and change this. But I think most of the people have posted.

:hookI love the fact that you ignored my score, don't need to be reminded of how bad I was, :D

well I had to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a perscription and thought I'd go ahead and pick up the 1 skein I will need and ended up with 2 instead so another -4 to my score making me a.......

-17 wtd

Archived