2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Have just used 1 skein of cotton to make a face cloth and small drawstring bag.

Ooh, I can't believe I came in 2nd for the week. Yeah! Won't happen again I'm sure. lol I am spending far too much time searching for patterns now. :eek

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crocheted all night and most of today. Used up 3 full skeins baby pompadour and 2 balls worsted on my projects making it +8 for today. any leftover pieces (weren't enough to ball up), got made into yarn bows that I use for my scrapbooks, homemade greeting cards and gift wraps.

That finished the large squares for shawl and tomorrow I will be putting it together.

also added to my strips for an afghan.

That Shoot for the moon title is up for grabs because I don't want it anymore....other than the 2 boucle skeins I am waiting for in the mail, the only yarn I will need to buy is white worsted as I am very low on it.

Okay, I'm in. Rode the fence last year and with the inherited staff I've received I have serious work ahead of me! Just finished three skeins and ran out of yarn for my Project Linus Baby Blanket and am only about 90% done. So, I'll go down one skein for sure when I go to purchase enough to finish it tomorrow. Darn!

I don't want to harp... I got missed, too. But that might be my fault. :D I posted on Friday because I knew I wouldn't finish anything by Saturday evening.

I saw that we were going to post weekly scores on another thread... so this is for informational purposes only. :hook

Ok I need to post this and it's just so everyone knows. Just a few things that have come up.

You don't need to pm me to let me know your playing with us. Just post in the thread.

I know several people were missed this week. If you don't make your points obvious, I can't promise you'll be on the list. It has to be this way. I don't want to seem like a grump or anything but I have a life outside of the ville. Scary I know :lol Those who played last year are familiar about making points BOLD and LARGE I don't want you to tell me that your points are in your signature.

I've decided to not have people post in a separate thread for scores. That will just confuse people. According to the poll, most of the people live in the eastern and central time zones. So our post time will be 8pm eastern time. I know that may make it hard on others living outside this time zone but you can post early. And if you make your scores obvious it doesn't matter if you post Saturday at 8 or Thursday morning.

I received a skein in the mail Saturday but didn't know about it until after I posted my WTD totals, I will count it this week though, It came in the box of rectangles to put together for the soldiers. I used up most of it but have a ball left that I need to make into more rectangles. -1 WTD

Krystal and Angelfire, What did you gals do to keep track?

I did the same as you did. I put it in notepad and organized there. I started with everyone's name on Monday and each day added any that posted that day. Whenever they updated I would change their scores. If I had a good week everyone was counted, I know that when I had migraine weeks, I messed up,:blush

I think you did a fine job filling in Angelfire!! :hug

I got another skeins gone and rolled a skein into a ball for another +3 whew. Now I probably won't use much up the next few days. :lol

By the way, NGHT - I think that's the first time I've ever seen your YTD score in the positives! :rofl

Now Krystal - Y'all know I have a habit of buying 100 skeins of something because it's a *too good to pass up price* and then wind up selling something on ebay :rofl

BTW... did finish both of those lb'rs on my RR, finished the RR even! +4

I haven't measured it yet, can't find any of my 4 tapes... :think

But this is covering my loveseat and hangs over both sides, it's gathered at the wall on top & touching the floor on the bottom. It's HUGE!

th_RWBRR.jpg

I *WAS* going to add stars to the blue section, but decided this was enuff! :lol

wheee

Week #2

I think I was missed as well but I cannot imagine the work involved in this.

Week 2 so far...I used up 3 balls = 27 granny daughters = +3

and I made on skein into a small ball = +1

What I like about this thread is that Im taking an extra look at my stash before running out to Michaels or AC Moore...and this is a really good thing

Well, the good news is that I finished 2 balls and a skein so far this week, so +4 there. But the bad news is ... I need to buy a skein to finish the Christmas stocking I'm working on LOL! I was hoping the skein and a half I had would be enough, but I have about 5 more rounds to do and then the seam up the back ... I really only need less than a 1/4 of a skein probably (those last 5 rounds are the decrease to make the toe) .. ugh! But, I'm going to finish this up and then give the rest of the skein to my dd so she can use it on her knitting loom ... so there LOL! Now to keep an eye on the Hobby Lobby sale ads and wait for it to go on sale again ....

I'm not that slow of a crocheter, I just have so many other things demanding my time... like work, my computer.... things like that. Hopefully I'll get a few things worked on this week, if not, I'll be at a 0 for the week, which isn't a bad thing... just not helping the -10 ytd score. :shrug

We started on New Years Day,which was Wednesday.It hasn't been a week yet.

We are going from Sunday to Saturday. We started New Years Day and that week ended on 1/5...it was a short week.

We started on New Years Day,which was Wednesday.It hasn't been a week yet.

Oh good someone else who is calendarly-challenged too. I thought I was the only one. :rofl

New Year's was Tuesday.. I know this because it was the day my last calendar died and I still don't have another one. That's what computers are for. :yes

Short week... Long week... doesn't seem to help me much either way :wlol

Archived