2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I created a poll for this thread... so I can figure out what time zone everyone is in. If you could please answer it that would be great. We will adjust the posting time to fit the most popular time zone with +/- about 30 minutes either way. Maybe that will help with post times.

Also I'm creating another thread that will be just for posting scores on Saturday. No chit chatting or daily updates. Just weekly scores posted on saturday. With as many people as we have, there could be several pages of updates mixed with chatting in this thread... and that is just a bit confusing. And maybe this way, no one will get missed like with what happened last night.

I am joining this CAL for the new year - "I am not going to buy any more yarn... I am not going to buy any more yarn" maybe if I keep repeating that it will actually happen...

Let me know if this works for you. I tried this last year, and let me tell you :rofl :rofl...it lasted about 3 weeks. Then the yarn demon in me came out. :devil Hope you have better luck than I did.

I created a poll for this thread... so I can figure out what time zone everyone is in. If you could please answer it that would be great. We will adjust the posting time to fit the most popular time zone with +/- about 30 minutes either way. Maybe that will help with post times.

Also I'm creating another thread that will be just for posting scores on Saturday. No chit chatting or daily updates. Just weekly scores posted on saturday. With as many people as we have, there could be several pages of updates mixed with chatting in this thread... and that is just a bit confusing. And maybe this way, no one will get missed like with what happened last night.

I agree...the second thread for Saturday only postings is a great idea. Just let me know where to look for it. Since I am still at a big fat ZERO, it did not matter this week for me. But if my yarn comes in the mail anytime soon, I will be in T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

I agree...the second thread for Saturday only postings is a great idea. Just let me know where to look for it. .

it will likely slip to the 2nd page but as soon as we start posting it will be near the top of page one again.

Megan, you do what you need to do to get it done. If the second thread works, then do it! You will just have to remind some people to post over on that thread weekly to make it work.

When I did it, I went back to about Thursday and just skimmed the posts and sigs for scores and put them in an Excel spreadsheet. Then I'd resort it by score when done.

Megan, you do what you need to do to get it done. If the second thread works, then do it! You will just have to remind some people to post over on that thread weekly to make it work.

When I did it, I went back to about Thursday and just skimmed the posts and sigs for scores and put them in an Excel spreadsheet. Then I'd resort it by score when done.

I'm just worried about getting in over my head. I can only see this group getting bigger. Maybe we'll keep it in 1 thread for now, and I'll do what you did, start writing down scores sooner than 4 pm saturday. I think if we get the time sorted out first, then work on getting all the scores to me a bit more obvious later.

Actually, I found if I waited longer it was better. If people are REALLY good about making their wtd scores BIG, you can just skim the posts starting with Friday morning's posts and going forward. When I started the first one, I think I had about 50 players, but it did dwindle down after the first few weeks.

By the way, NGHT - I think that's the first time I've ever seen your YTD score in the positives! :rofl

Actually, I found if I waited longer it was better. If people are REALLY good about making their wtd scores BIG, you can just skim the posts starting with Friday morning's posts and going forward. When I started the first one, I think I had about 50 players, but it did dwindle down after the first few weeks.

By the way, NGHT - I think that's the first time I've ever seen your YTD score in the positives! :rofl

Thanks for the tips Krystal. I'm sure the size will go back and forth over the course of the year.

HEY! I won last week!!!! I'm sure that will be the last time for that! I don't think I could ever part with that much of my yarn ever again.

Well, now to start counting for this week.

Stash busters week 2: 0

I think you're doing a great job. To make it easier on you, from now on when I go to post my scores, I'll put this at the beginning of my post: Week X - (weekly: x) (YTD: x) Tht way if you're in threaded mode (like I am), you'll see the score easily. There will be some weekends when I'll be out of town so I'll have to post my scores on Thursday.

I just picked up 7 skeins of Caron SS for the WUA. So, that's -14. I finished 1 skein last night or this morning (whatever), so +2, for a total of -12

I'm just joining today, hopefully I'll do better at this than last year. I just made a 6 foot scarf using 2 skeins of Bernat Softee today. I couldn't sleep so I started it in the wee hours of the morning and just finished it a little while ago. So that's 4 points to start me off. It's not much but it's better than starting in the negatives!

Hopefully I will get my scarf done that would help out my score a bit. I have a few other things going on too that would help me too but I don't think I can get them all done this week well maybe if i get off the comp and go lock myself in a room I could get them all done hehe

My son was hogging the computer for the last two days, so I missed putting in my latest score: used up 4 skeins (+8) for my husband's Aran sweater. (I'm having to design as I go... maybe I should offer the final design for sale on etsy?)

Archived