2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't finished reading the whole thread, so maybe this has already been addressed.. but does it count in your favor if you sold some of your stash?

Never mind. Found the answer in post # 148, so the ones I sold put me at a +28. When I get payment for the last bunch that will be 4 more points.

I will try to join, but If not for the sales, I know I'd be going in as a negative as I am heading to Michaels in a few hours. No way to make another baby blanket without purchasing more Baby Clouds (well, not in the time I need to get it done).

Here's to hoping that Amazon.com doesn't have another april fools sale like last year (anyone else remember the TLC Essentials selling for 69cents/skein?). If they do.. I'll be competing with Nght for the shoot the moon score.. lol

The hat & Turtle I made yesterday gave me no points,but I did use a 32yd ball on a 5rnd GS,so that puts me at +15.

Also,there was no yarn at the Family Thrift Center or Goodwill yesterday.The Stashbustin' Gods are looking out for me,LOL!:P

What about returning yarn to the store because I bought too much? I know, that's bordering on sacrilege - too much yarn????

The only time I ever returned yarn was Patons Devine:eek Why because I couldnt stand that yarn!! I just hated the feel of it and how it looked done up, that was partly the color LOL. But I just dont like that yarn. Other than that I buy it I keep it:lol I have not used up a complete skien yet of anything. Slow going when you use the 1 pounders! And the knitting is going slow too. But I havent bought more so thats good. And my DH thinks this is the best crochet along I have joined LOL

Wow! I think what you're giving away is about the size of my whole stash! lol :lol It's also very generous of you to donate it all, I'm sure they'll be extrememly thankful! :hug

Ok, as promised, here is a pic of the yarn I'm giving to my Project Linus group. It's three full kitchen sized garbage bags. It totalled

63 partial balls at 1 point each = 63

10 full skeins at 2 points each = 20

th_pics001.jpg

I still have about that much in my yarn closet, but the lady came today and took my 3 bags. I did end up at Michaels and bought some of their 30% off yarn. I'll have to count the skeins and see what damage I did. At least these are for a specific purpose.

Here's to hoping that Amazon.com doesn't have another april fools sale like last year (anyone else remember the TLC Essentials selling for 69cents/skein?). If they do.. I'll be competing with Nght for the shoot the moon score.. lol

Are you joking? 69 cents a skein?? Oh why, oh why did I not hear about this?? :angry I could have had another garbage bag full of yarn to play with. :hook

I started knitting myself a scarf and I'm going to make a hat to match it when i finish the scarf. and i think i'm gonna start my xmas pressies scarves for all. Only problem is once I picked the color for my scarf my sister wanted to make one but had no yarn and didn't like anything in my stash so of course "mel drive me to michaels please" lol and that was all she wrote. I found a grey to go with my blue so I will have a blue grey scarf/hat set. so I guess instead of no score I am -2 =o( lol hopefully soon I will be back at zero or possibly +2 that would be nice hehe

I mailed a small skein and 2 small balls yesterday to someone in need of a <cough> old dye lot.

Wheeee Im +4:jumpyay

I think you only need 2 yards (maybe less) for a granny daughter. I have several bags of granny daughters for that future afghan...:crocheting

Hey - do we get any points for making a granny daughter afghan?????

Are you joking? 69 cents a skein?? Oh why, oh why did I not hear about this?? :angry I could have had another garbage bag full of yarn to play with. :hook

Nope not joking. There were lots of us who ordered tons of it. They also had the peaches n cream for something like 19cents/ball.

We THINK what happened is that someone goofed and instead of taking 69cents and 19cents OFF the skeins.. they made them that price!! Whether it was a real mistake, or someone who was about to be fired anyway and was out for revenge.. who knows!! And it really did happen around April Fools last year. I think you can probably search and find the threads talking about it here on the ville. Nevermind.. found it for you.

Interestingly, even tho the yarn was ordered through amazon.com, it can from Joanns.

Hooray! 1 skein down, starting on another today. Also finished panel 1 of a 9 panel afghan. So that puts me at +2 points!! :cheer Oh, and I apologize for any spelling mistakes, I have a cookie-eating baby on my lap as I type!

Hi,

Did you see my question about whether or not we get points for returning yarn?

Yes, you get points for returning yarn. 2 points for each skein.

I condensed three skeins into balls today. +3 more, +7 for the week so far.

I was doing good today, used up 4 balls and 1/2 skein on more 12" squares. which would have given me +5, but needless to say that didn't stand for long. Mailman delivered some packages. I totally love all of the yarn....8 full skeins and 3 balls added to a -19 in one box I purchased and 6 skeins that was gifted to me +12 for the 2nd box, so putting all the pluses and minuses together that made a total of -26 for the day, :oops, :ohdear, :2eek.

I'm in! I'm excited because I've actually been busting things out lately. Plus, since I'm just joining now - do I have to count the yarn I bought on my lunch hour today :O

I was doing good today, ... so putting all the pluses and minuses together that made a total of -26 for the day, :oops, :ohdear, :2eek.

Oh shucks...

but admit it you are really going

:yay

inside... right :?:rofl

I do feel sorry for you when you are trying so hard to get the numbers down but think of all that wonderful yarn is now all for you! :yay

Yes, you get points for returning yarn. 2 points for each skein.

woohoo I just returned 4 skeins from my step moms blanket that i made her for xmas. And I actually left ACMoore with just the circular knitting needles I needed to RE start my scarf I found a awsome harry potter pattern and was using HP colors ne ways so there ya have it. So that puts me at +6 yay check me out lol :cheer:clap:cheer

I'm so glad for those making progress. Tomorrow is laundry day, so hopefully I'll be able to stitch my way closer to the positives... I hope so. Maybe I'll finally break out that skein of yarn I bought in June for a scarf and whip something up with it tonight...

Archived