2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My score this week is +1

I don't expect my score to ever get very high as I mostly use the pounder skeins and they take forever to use up but I need the motivation to keep me using stash.

And a plus one is better than a minus one... or so I tell myself :wlol

Darski,

Have you restarted the Cathedral Rose Window? I suspect that that one might use up a bit of yarn or 2

...just a thought

I will officially end this week with 0. The pounders take a while to use up, and even though I'm getting close to finishing this first pounder, I don't think I'll finish it up before this evening.

I went into Michael's to see if they had any more Berella that I needed for a project - I came out with a ball of sugar and cream. :oops I really do need it for a project in the distant future. I couldn't pass up a 50 cent ball of yarn that could be used.

I made a whole scarf, but got no points from it. So... I'm now at -3 (I feel better knowing someone is at -12)

Well, I have to go to work and won't be back before we have to post our scores, so my score for the week is +1. I should have some more finished up tonight when I get home, but it will be late, so I'll count it next week.

I started off this week and was keeping pace with what purchased and I what I was using....then I went to Micheals and saw the yarn was 30% off - all of the yarn......I purchased 28 skeins :eek (that is what I am coming up with just using my memory the stash is in the trunk of the car - need to wait to bring it in - DH is here and I don't think I'll be getting very postive looks :think)

Hey they were on sale and I really, really, really needed yarn :devil:blushyeah right

Any way I guess I am starting off the new year and new CAL with a large negative number.....I think I need to head off to Michaels I think I missed a color or two :hook

I will head out later today and I promise to post the correct count

Ok DH left to do some errands and I was able to get out to the car........ my memory is good for nothing

I actually purchased 34 skeins so my count for the week is -68 another change went back to Michaels now at -80

I'm joining this even though I am going yarn shopping today and will soon be in the negative. I have used up a few balls of yarn that will be a felted bag. I need the encouragement to use all this up and not buy more for quite some time.

Well I'm working on a 3 strand cat tunnel but probably won't be able to count any points from it untill tomorrow or later so my week ends with.......

Oh well not too bad. I have no immediate need to buy yarn so maybe I'll get out of it soon. :lol

I thought I was going to end the week in the positive, but that is not to be. I went back to work and since Michael's is in the same plaza, you know I just HAD to stop in. I bought 4 skeins....I was a good girl.

So that means I will end up the week with 0.

Unless I can finish a skein or 2 on the rug.

I came home with 22 skeins of yarn :P and ordered more.

So that puts me at -15 for this week. Now if can just finish a few wips I can get out of my hole before my next batch of yarn shows up.

Since I cannot crochet yet, no yarn stash has been used. And no new yarn has crawled into the house this week. So I am at a big fat ZERO for the week. But, as soon as the 9 skeins of yarn I ordered yesterday arrive, I will be in trouble. lol

Final score for the week:

skein into ball - baby hat

skein into ball - css sections

skein into ball - granny squares

ball into nothing - cat toy (Cadmus loved it!)

+4

Oh Boy, went to eye drs this am and made mistake of stopping at ollies. Picked up 15 skeins (99cents and 1.99 each) makes -30, but then gifted 4 of them to daughter (they were Mainstay, her favorite yarn, +8, then got home to find 5 full skeins and 2 half skeins waiting in the mail for me -ll.

Finishing off 2 balls on more of my projects, which will give me +2. So -31 for me today only, :oh dear.

That makes -52 for the week. Only expecting 2 more skeins in the mail, and will be gifting out alot next week, so together with my projects I should get closer to 0 again.

:tup.

Gotta go change totals on siggy.

Hey Mel, my speedy friend, this is got to be one CAL you should win, :wink

Archived