2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I am going to join but not as a weekly reporter, just keeping a ytd in my siggy. I just don't have the time to crochet enough to do weekly postings. I will just pop in when I have used a skein or ball or bought anything. I am going to cheat a little though, and when I finish a skein except for a little bit I will count it as two. The scrap that goes on a magic ball will not count, UNTIL MY MAGIC BALL IS HALF A SKEIN SIZED. Then I will count it as a negative 1. Otherwise I will have many times that a few yards prevents a whole point and there is no way I can end in the positives then!!!

So far this year I have used almost a whole skein of pounder. Hopefully later today I will be +2.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to join but not as a weekly reporter, just keeping a ytd in my siggy. I just don't have the time to crochet enough to do weekly postings. I will just pop in when I have used a skein or ball or bought anything. I am going to cheat a little though, and when I finish a skein except for a little bit I will count it as two. The scrap that goes on a magic ball will not count, UNTIL MY MAGIC BALL IS HALF A SKEIN SIZED. Then I will count it as a negative 1. Otherwise I will have many times that a few yards prevents a whole point and there is no way I can end in the positives then!!!

Works for me. I don't see that as 'cheating', just a little bit of creative accounting. A few yards shouldn't penalize you as much as half a skein, IMHO...

I completely forgot about posting on Saturday so I didn't get counted, but it won't matter anyway. I ended up with +4 for the week by using up a skein of SS late Friday night doing WUA rectangles.

Got a lot done this weekend, but did use up any actual skeins. I did give my son two small balls of yarn (1.5" in dia) that were rolling around in my stash. I am going to count that as +2.

I really like the idea of posting the weekly totals in a separate thread. Even better, I think everyone should post ONCE and then edit that post each week with the updated totals. Just a suggestion that might make your job a lot easier. You could leave this thread open for chatting and daily posts, but post a link to the other thread in the first post so it is easy for everyone to find.

Thanks for all your hard work! I am sure you will find a system that works for you soon!

Sara

So Saturday I was running to much to post. See I crocheted right up until 8:00...using up 1 skein, 1 ball, and rolling one skein into a ball. Yeah...so my total for week 1 was +4. I made 2 hats and a scarf.

However at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday night I ran to Michaels to get the yarn I needed for a present. I think I may have overbought at 5 skeins, but I know I have enough, and I can take some back right? I didn't want to miss out on the 30% off sale. I used up one of the new skeins yesterday, so my wtd score is currently -8, but I am hoping to get that down some more tonight.

Had to go to my Gran's this weekend...no internet access all weekend, so I couldn't post my score. Doesn't matter much, ended with a +1. Doing much better this week, though. I've been working on a scrap ghan...used up 9 balls yesterday. Not sure I'll get much time for crocheting tonight...busy evening planned.

Finished a ball of "lemonade" yellow on my Round Ripple.....+1 for me!

Oh...and I just had a little idea.....Maybe when you change the name of the thread to say that the winners were posted you should maybe include the post #...I know it took me awhile to find the post so this would really help. Just an idea :)

Alrighty, so far I've made a camera case to be felted (1 skein= +2), used a ball for my scrapghan (+1), and turned a skein to a ball for the Monthly Square CAL (+1). So far, I'm on a roll! :P I just hope I can keep this up, but cleaning out a whole bunch that I've had for years and never used should help, right? Well, at least until I buy yarn for my grandmother's sweater... :eek

I might not "win", but progress in cleaning up the stash is my goal! :hook

..I'm in...You did say we can start anytime right?? I'm also new to the site and this will be my first CAL. I have so many WIPs I can't think straight and DH is convinced I've lost my marbles.:P I'm also running out of space to "hide" my stash and have resolved to reduce the number of bins and bags around here. This is going to be great :clap

Christine

Stashbusting weekly: 0

Stashbusting YTD: 0 :eek but don't count me out

Let's see, I started putting together shawl and discovered it wasn't long enough so had to make 2 more large squares, spilling tea on one of the finished squares, so had to make another, discovered in my rush that I made a big boo-boo on one so had to frog half of it. In between I tripped over DH's oxygen line, stepped on cat's tail while trying to catch my balance and figured I'd be better off in bed, sooooo that's what I did.

Only to wake up and discover that I slept through a spring like day.

Now the good news is, I used 1 full skein of baby wintuk and 3 balls of baby yarn. +5

:lol, sad when that is the only good news for the day.

Yep, sounds like you've had "one of those days". Hopefully tomorrow will be better. At least you got some yarn used up... I haven't picked up my hooks yet today. :P

Let's see, I started putting together shawl and discovered it wasn't long enough so had to make 2 more large squares, spilling tea on one of the finished squares, so had to make another, discovered in my rush that I made a big boo-boo on one so had to frog half of it. In between I tripped over DH's oxygen line, stepped on cat's tail while trying to catch my balance and figured I'd be better off in bed, sooooo that's what I did.

Only to wake up and discover that I slept through a spring like day.

Now the good news is, I used 1 full skein of baby wintuk and 3 balls of baby yarn. +5

:lol, sad when that is the only good news for the day.

I finished two balls on my scrapghan. This brings my total for this week to +3. Hopefully, I'll make some more progress tomorrow, while I'm sitting at the garage waiting on my car. Funny, I never used to look forward to time spent in a waiting room...

I'm not doing so well so far this year. But, in my defense, I *had* to buy yarn for the Pineapple Class here :wink

That is a good line... could I use that sometime :?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I finished two balls on my scrapghan. This brings my total for this week to +3. Hopefully, I'll make some more progress tomorrow, while I'm sitting at the garage waiting on my car. Funny, I never used to look forward to time spent in a waiting room...

Lol, it almost makes me look forward to spending time in a waiting room, or riding along with hubby to a job interview- quality time with my hook and WIP and no chance for distraction! :crocheting

Lets see... I had one point for a ball of fiesta ww I used up. Then I used up a ball of black this week, so thats another point..........

but..........

I went to the resale store and found a full skein of ww in 'cornmeal', and two partial spools of thread, one brown and one red, so thats -4...

so, currently, Im at -2.

But! There is good news! I finally found an I size crochet hook. I dont know why, but, I didnt have one before, so, thats worth it to me.

This is so not fair.... I have 3 projects going (a dishcloth almost finished and a scarf that one ball is almost gone). Went to Michael's w/my mom on Saturday with a $50 gift cert and didn't buy any more yarn!!! I was so proud of myself - bought bead and jewelry stuff instead. Would you believe my DD's boyfriend came walking through the door yesterday with his hand behind his back saying, "I brought you a gift!" It was a nearly full skein of Caron SS!! UGH!!!!!!! LOL He and a friend had used it on a project and they didn't know what to do with the rest, so he brought it to me. I swear, I just can't win! Oh well ... Maybe since I"m going through a cleaning out / decluttering phase I'll just have to give some away.

Archived