2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Ok im joining again i was on awhile last year but with all the stuff going on i simply dropped out but this year is going to be better and my new goal is to completely go through my stash mostly before buying any more yarn lol (unless the project i start needs more of the color and i run out ) but im ready for the challenge.

So here goes ill start on the 6th of jan since tonights already finished :clap

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get a chance to post before now, my score for the week is +9

2 skeins returned to Michaels

2 skeins used up on DS's afghan

1 partial skein also used on DS's afghan

Darn it, darn it, darn it! I worked some more on my Christmas stocking and finished a skein, bringing my total to -1, but then we stopped at Michael's on the way home from dinner and 5 skeins jumped into my cart. So my final score for the week is -11 ... {{sigh}}.

Ok since it's past 8 and a few more people have updated... here is the final list. It's kind of strange how our first place and shoot the moon winners are exactly polar opposites!

FIRST PLACE---> FelixLake +52

SECOND PLACE--> CraftyJen +20

SECOND PLACE--> donnalynn2 +20

THIRD PLACE---> rlanto +10

THIRD PLACE---> super granny +10

THIRD PLACE---> yarn_monkey +10

angelfire +9

sewmom +9

silvermoon42 +7

LaurieE +6

dare2bdifferent +6

dreamsofyarn +6

laurawithchild +4

2kute +4

Pianoducky +2

Nght +2

luvmnms +2

tamugrad02 +1

renegade 0

CyM -3

laughlovehook -4

bnhall -6

scc51055 -8

Robyn -9

Addey -10

jneuman88 -11

hseger -17

SHOOT THE MOON---> happyoldcro -52

Any points earned or lost after this will count for next week! We now start over at ZERO for weekly scores!

:hookI love the fact that you ignored my score, don't need to be reminded of how bad I was, :D

LOL I'm just glad I started the year in the positives! Don't worry! You have the rest of the year to catch up! :hook

P.S. Where did you find the post you had quoted with the list of this weeks winners? I looked everywhere and couldn't find it myself. Maybe it's right in front of my face and I don't see it! :think

P.S. I just posted my score, I didn't actually list how I used it all but if I need to, I can do that. I basically am keeping a list on Word of all the projects I make this year and as I finish something or a ball or yarn or something I make a note of it to help keep track. I did a lot of balls of yarn this week from my stash. That really helped not only my score but getting my big basket full of "balls" under control! WOO-HOO!!!!

Ok since it's past 8 and a few more people have updated... here is the final list. It's kind of strange how our first place and shoot the moon winners are exactly polar opposites!

FIRST PLACE---> FelixLake +52

SECOND PLACE--> CraftyJen +20

SECOND PLACE--> donnalynn2 +20

THIRD PLACE---> rlanto +10

THIRD PLACE---> super granny +10

THIRD PLACE---> yarn_monkey +10

angelfire +9

sewmom +9

silvermoon42 +7

LaurieE +6

dare2bdifferent +6

dreamsofyarn +6

laurawithchild +4

2kute +4

Pianoducky +2

Nght +2

luvmnms +2

tamugrad02 +1

renegade 0

CyM -3

laughlovehook -4

bnhall -6

scc51055 -8

Robyn -9

Addey -10

jneuman88 -11

hseger -17

SHOOT THE MOON---> happyoldcro -52

Any points earned or lost after this will count for next week! We now start over at ZERO for weekly scores!

I somehow got totally missed. I was at + 28 (post # 203). Guess I didn't understand the rules about posting. Oh well, I'll get over it.

Quite honestly, given the large skeins that I use and mostly for little projects, I will be surprised if my score is up to +40 over the entire year. But the fact is that I need an accountability group to keep me from buying more yarn when I can't store all that I have already.

I am playing for keeps... just not for points. :manyheart

I think it is just a matter of the first posting of the year. Laughlovehook will work out a system, I'm sure. It's quite a complicated matter trying to go through all of the posts and hunt down points.

I wonder ... would it be easier to open up another thread that is strictly for posting once each Saturday with our final total? That way our daily positive/negative stories on this thread won't swamp Laughlovehook when she's trying to put the weekly list together. Just an idea ...

I wonder ... would it be easier to open up another thread that is strictly for posting once each Saturday with our final total? That way our daily positive/negative stories on this thread won't swamp Laughlovehook when she's trying to put the weekly list together. Just an idea ...

That is a good Idea.

I was trying to think of a way that we could keep the real score posts from getting mixed with the general chit chat (that we all love :cheer) and couldn't think of one... good on you :yay

Hmmm, I was missed too, did I post wrong? I only had +4 so I wasnt going to win anything but I want to make sure I post correctly in the future.

I'm posting late. The weekend just kind of slipped by.

Please tell me that I will be able to go through more than one skein a day with practice! You are all making me feel so slow! I have been working on three projects, using up parts of five balls, but I only finished one. Maybe this week I'll use up more of the yarn!

Thanks for the inspiration.

I'm sorry for missing several people. I tried to get everyone.. but obviously missed.

What I did this week, was when someone posted their score, I put it down in a notepad doc on my computer. Then when it was time to post, I just organized it. We have ALOT more people than we did last year, so maybe Darski's idea would be a good way to go.

We can have this week be my 'learning experience' :lol

Krystal and Angelfire, What did you gals do to keep track?

Archived