2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Oh shucks...

I do feel sorry for you when you are trying so hard to get the numbers down but think of all that wonderful yarn is now all for you! :yay

Oh, I do think it is wonderful yarn, a lot of which I have been wishing for, and some that I could not afford normally.

I'll come down with some of the stuff I've had built up, this is yarn I want to pet and roll around in for awhile...:D:hook:yarn:yes

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you joking? 69 cents a skein?? Oh why, oh why did I not hear about this?? :angry I could have had another garbage bag full of yarn to play with. :hook

Oh, I still have two HUGE boxes of yarn from that sale... it's beautiful!!!! I only wish I had bought more!

We report in on Saturday evening by 8pm (EST?)

It's 8PM, but I don't know what zone laughlovehook is in...

It's 8PM, but I don't know what zone laughlovehook is in...

I'm in the central zone but I think any of the american zones would be fine. I will probably have a general list and then post it shortly after 8 or so here, then if we have anyone else post, I'll add/edit them in.

Just a reminder, PLEASE have your scores noticeable when you post. Either bold them or change the color/font size. Something so that they stick out! My brain shuts off quite early in the evenings so I need all the help I can get! That's what having a very active toddler does to your brain... slowly drains it of all energy! :rofl

Well I tried hard to really put myself in the hole in Micheals today but just couldn't find much I wanted for something for ME since it was a gift card to me. :blush but I did pick up 4 skeins of Caron SS on clearance and 3 of the skeins I'll need for my catherdral rose window and a stitch book. :) so -14 for that but then when I got home 2 of the skeins I had sent out for a FGM gift was returned :eek so I guess till I ship them out again that is another -4 for a total so far this week of -13 since I did have 5 in the positives. :D

Oh, I still have two HUGE boxes of yarn from that sale... it's beautiful!!!! I only wish I had bought more!

I was only joking when I said I hoped they didn't have another sale.

I haven't even really touched mine.. it's weird, it's like I don't want to use it. I just like knowing it's there. LOL

I wish I ordered at least twice the amount that I did.. and also the BabyClouds that was on sale then too. Oh well, one can hope. :)

I didn't go to Michaels after all today.. too worn out with having to get up at 3am to get dd to airport...so I'm still at a positive.. for now. I know some negs are coming as I have a project in the works that I don't have the correct colors here.. even with all my 69 cent skeins!!

I just finished my DD's RR rug and I used up 2 skeins of yarn on it :clap:clap

4 more points for me :hook

I got in on the Amazon sale last year. I bought 51 skeins of TLC. I used some of the variegated for Christmas presents, but still have a lot of it left. I haven't decided what I will make with it, so it is resting comfortably in the tote.

Lovelaughhook, how is it possible that your wtd and ytd scores don't match this week? Are you in an odd timezone that has extra days? :P

Oh, not sure I'll use up any more skeins or balls this week, so I'll post now so I don't forget. I finished a project and the last of 3 skeins last night. I didn't finish any of the balls I had hoped to, but that still gives me a +6 and I've started on the WUA CAL.

I'm in!

Unfortunately, I just went out and bought yarn for a CAL on another group. :( That's on top of the 15? 16? plastic totes full of yarn I already have. Why didn't I just use some stash yarn?? :think Well... good question...

Below are my totals for this week. :yarn

I'm late, but I'm in! :hook I didn't get a chance to do this last year, but I read over how this thing works the other day and I am SO in!! It might actually encourage me to use up that closet-full of yarn I have and finish the scrapghan I'm making for our bed! I'm hoping I'm competitive enough for that to work. :P Plus, my DH will love this CAL- anything to keep him from taking me to Michaels for more yarn! :lol

:crocheting Now to get to work on these WIPs I have going and at least finish off those little balls in my yarn caddy by 8pm tomorrow. :crocheting

:yay MY FIRST 2 POINTS!!! :yay

I am working on a yo-yo afghan for charity, that has been WIP since July. I already had all the yo-yos completed, so I have started joining them and :yes I finished up one skein :yarn.

Well, I've been making squares like crazy for a gift I really wanted to have done for Christmas but just got too busy to work on. Fortunately, I bought all the supplies in 2007 so they're really helping me in this CAL! I've earned +10 points for those squares and also made a really quick/easy cardigan and hat for my 4 yo. which earned me another +4. That puts me at +14 so far and I'm off to bed now to work on some more squares before I finally crash for the evening. Have a goodnight:hug

I'm slowly but surely getting back out of the negative here ... made two panels for the Caron SS WUA challenge and started on Christmas stocking #1. Each project used up one ball, so +2 there... hopefully I will be able to use up some more yarn before the weekly deadline tomorrow ... sure would love to at least get back to zero by then, but, hey, -3 ain't all that bad (of course, it is only the first week LOL!)

Since I got into this a little late, I haven't even really focused on my stash yet this week, but I will starting Monday, and I should have LOTS to offer then! Well, maybe not LOTS, but at least a start!

:clap:clap:clap

Lovelaughhook, how is it possible that your wtd and ytd scores don't match this week? Are you in an odd timezone that has extra days? :P.

I normally don't change my ytd till the week is over. That's just the way I do it, it's easier for me to remember. If my weekly score is -5 is just take 5 away from my yearly score when I reset my weekly to 0.

Since I got into this a little late, I haven't even really focused on my stash yet this week, but I will starting Monday, and I should have LOTS to offer then! Well, maybe not LOTS, but at least a start!

:clap:clap:clap

We start over at zero on Sunday each week.

For those that have posted points, we still have some time yet! So try to use up more of that stash!

Well, thank goodness I had bought last year BUT I know I will end up buying more. LOL Finished one of the RR and started another.:woo

I actually pulled out some of those cones and making some dish cloths too!

The weather up here is keeping me in other than having to go out and SHOVEL that dang snow.:flake

:yay MY FIRST 2 POINTS!!! :yay

I am working on a yo-yo afghan for charity, that has been WIP since July. I already had all the yo-yos completed, so I have started joining them and :yes I finished up one skein :yarn.

Go Yo Yo Lady, Go!! This project will definately use up lots of those little balls all over the house. :cheer

In two weeks, ACMoore's is having a huge sale, where, if I'm reading the booklet right, CSS will be $1 a skein....how oh how can I resist!

Shhhh...there's an ACMoore close to work. I will have to take an hour for lunch instead of my normal 1/2 hour. And I will make sure to clean out the back of my car the night before I go. Now to go post this on my calendar. :devil

Archived