2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

What a great idea! I'm definitely in.

I've been doing my end-of-year purge and bought a Rubbermaid tub for my yarn. I filled it and bought another one. Well, lo and behold, I had to buy two more. It's an illness I tells ya.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was lounging on the couch watching tv and crocheting myself a new scarf while DD was using my computer (hers has moved on to computer heaven). Next thing I knew, it was done and another skein of yarn is history :clap

I am almost back to 0

Well, now I'm officially in the negative, but the good news is that I did only come home with the skeins I meant to ... I dodged all those pesky skeins that tried to jump in my cart LOL! And I just saw the post on the Caron Simply Soft CAL for the 7x9 squares ... I've got several skeins and balls left from past projects that I can bust with that challenge, so yay me!! I'm determined to try to stay on the positive side, so I better get movin' ...

Yay! I finished a WIP tonight....I did use a skein of fancy fur for the edging and I was really close to finishing of a skein for the body, but there's still enough there that I wound it into a ball for later. So I guess thats +3 more pts for me....until I go shopping next week, lol

since I joined i have yet to finish a single ball or skein lol. It is currently 16 degrees where I am but it feels like it is 2 so I think I'm going to grab my favorie blue color and make myself a scarf and see if I just can't finish one up lol.

I used up 2 skeins yesterday making a hat and a start on a scarf for my niece but then the postman arrived this morning with 13 skeins that I'd forgotten I'd ordered just after Christmas!! :eek Oh well, I guess I better get off the pc and get back to crocheting! :lol

Well, I started a baby blanket last night and 3 skeins are on their way to being used up. Not enough done yet to kill off any one of them, or even half, so no point change.

I have a question though... I've got a project I started last year and the current skein I'm working on with it isn't full, but not yet a ball size... since the whole skein is going into the project should I just count it as a 1 or a 2?

I thought I'd post pictures of the projects I made that helped me begin my journey out of the hole I dug myself into New Years Day with my 5 skein yarn purchase.

This is mine and took 1 skein. I wanted a shorter scarf this time.

th_MyRoseQuartzScarf.jpg

This is for my future Daughter In Law. She wanted it wide and long. It took 3 skeins.

th_AshleysCarnivalScarf.jpg

clickable

Well, I started a baby blanket last night and 3 skeins are on their way to being used up. Not enough done yet to kill off any one of them, or even half, so no point change.

I have a question though... I've got a project I started last year and the current skein I'm working on with it isn't full, but not yet a ball size... since the whole skein is going into the project should I just count it as a 1 or a 2?

You get to count it as 2 points. It doesn't matter when you started the project... just that you finish it, and in the process use up your stash!

You get to count it as 2 points. It doesn't matter when you started the project... just that you finish it, and in the process use up your stash!

:clap Yay! That project should get me another 6 points then, if I ever sit down and finish it... (It would have gotten me 8, but I used the 1st skein up waaay back in October.) I should hopefully be able to get a good chunk of that done this weekend... I hope!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I bought 4 skeins of fancy fur after Christmas and I got 3 more skeins of yarn, so that gives me a -16. :ohdear

:clap Yay! That project should get me another 6 points then, if I ever sit down and finish it... (It would have gotten me 8, but I used the 1st skein up waaay back in October.) I should hopefully be able to get a good chunk of that done this weekend... I hope!

As long as you used the yarn after the 1st of the year, then you get the points. I forgot to add that before.

Geez, reading how lots of you are using up your stash is really getting me depressed. :cry I don't go back to the dr's til the 10th for the cyst, so until then, I cannot add any points to my score of 0. :irk

But, on a happier note...I have been going thru my WIM stack and figuring out what yarn I will be needing.:shop Online yarn shopping :ccomputewith my favorite yarn lady is the best thing to cure the depression, right???:devil:devil:devil Won't help my score any once the packages arrive in the mail, but at this point, who cares??:shrug I just want to play with yarn!!!:thair:bang

Yesterday,I also used up 42yd ball of yarn on a Turtle body & 3rd rnd of a gs.That puts me at +14.

I will post pictures of the Golden Camel hat & Neck Warmer in the picture section.They gave me +6!!:clap

OMG - Eurolyons sent me here...this is exactly what I need. I just wanted to POP in here and let you all know that I am a part of this! Count me in! I will spend a few minutes later on looking over the particulars, but I couldn't wait to let you all know that I am a part of this!!!

I realized that I counted the skein I bought as 1 point instead of 2, so now that I've used up one ball, my score stays the same to even out. :( I really don't want to start the first week in the negatives.

Question for all of you - when do you decide when a ball or skein is used up? I had some that were so low that they couldn't even do round 2 on a granny square, but I was able to semi-roll them. How do those count?

Another question of your opinions - I have several balls from the same skein(s) that all came from ripping out projects last year. I had been counting them all together as one since they originally were, but since that was last year do I start the new year as if they were all separate? (Did that make sense?)

Thanks!

When I have that little left of a roll, I usually make this:

http://members.aol.com/crochetalong/yoyoghans.html

I have a bag full of them, they use up every last bit of yarn I have and one day I will make me a yo yo afghan. Sometimes, there are members here that actually ask for those to make their own yo yo afghans. They also make cute little toys.

When I finish with those, that is when I usually call it a day for a skein or a ball. I was a member of the LAST stashbusting game and that is what I did. HTH

I realized that I counted the skein I bought as 1 point instead of 2, so now that I've used up one ball, my score stays the same to even out. :( I really don't want to start the first week in the negatives.

Question for all of you - when do you decide when a ball or skein is used up? I had some that were so low that they couldn't even do round 2 on a granny square, but I was able to semi-roll them. How do those count?

Another question of your opinions - I have several balls from the same skein(s) that all came from ripping out projects last year. I had been counting them all together as one since they originally were, but since that was last year do I start the new year as if they were all separate? (Did that make sense?)

Thanks!

The original skein can only be worth 2 points so you would get your 2nd point when all the little ones are used up.

Well I was hoping that my scarf and hat would use the full 12 oz skein but guess not. I will make up some slippers with the leftovers.

Still I get 1 point... it's better than no points :wlol

Archived