2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in! I've got about 6 large totes full to the brim. The dresser for my clothes is full of yarn and notions, and there is a XL tote in front of the closet packed because my closet is covered floor to ceiling with fiber. Lets not forget that I cant see my desk because it's under a mountain of yarn. It's amazing I'm even able to type this. I think my SO will be overjoyed to have at least a box destashed :clap.

If anyone is interested, I found a group on Ravelry too for stashbusting called stash for cash similar to this game but you set your own goals and reward yourself by earning $$ instead of points. I'm gonna participate in this one too. I'm hoping it will be twice the motivation!

GL everyone:hook

I'm in. I have to at least make an attempt to get my stash partially under control. I was just looking for something in my bedroom and came across a bag stuffed with yarn. I have no idea when I bought it :eek

Those people who have HIGH YTD scores basically chipped away at their stashes and used up a bunch more than they bough. If you've only got 20 skeins of yarn right now, then the most in the positives you could get is to be +40. However, this shouldn't deter you, because you could use it as a way to make sure your stash doesn't GET out of control!!!

My DH feels that this is a perfect reason for me to join. He already thinks my stash is too large. So I guess I'm in! Hmm, if I buy more yarn on the 31st, it will help me keep a positive score, right? *lol*

Ok! I was a member of last years for a while. Just fell off the wagon so often that the injuries haven't healed yet. Thanks for the second chance.

This is soooooooooo me and I would like to join this one too if I may :embar

I am so much into stash trouble that it is just embarrassing to even admit the truth. I really have to clear out my Storage room...

Ok, "say I'm in"

I'm in! :waving

and post the numbers on Saturday night - I can do that :wlol

I'll even restore a siggy just to play along. :sigh

now, isn't there a wonderful book full of really great excuses from the last game that we should start practicing this week so we can sound sincere and pathetic when we mess up :?

:rofl

One quick question...

This applies only to stash we start and finish on or after Jan 1st right?

I am working on a Breast Cancer Shawl but I will be using new skeins to complete it ... would this count?

what about if I use another skein for my alligator scarf?

I'm just not quite clear on what counts. :think

I started the last one with hardly any stash and was trying to use this to keep mine under control but it didn't work :lol as you can see from my score. But there was times it kept me from buying when I really didn't need yarn just because of the price :)

I'm so in again this year. If nothing else I have fun keeping track of how many skeins I've bought over what I've used. :lol

Darksi, I think it would be anything you gain or use once the new year starts. So, if you use a skein on the breast cancer shawl after the year turns, then it's -2, if you buy more fun stuff, it's +2. It's a completely fresh slate for all of us!!

One quick question...

This applies only to stash we start and finish on or after Jan 1st right?

I am working on a Breast Cancer Shawl but I will be using new skeins to complete it ... would this count?

what about if I use another skein for my alligator scarf?

I'm just not quite clear on what counts. :think

If you finish 2 skeins on your shawl on friday, you get to count those points. Even if it's an ongoing project, once you use up those skeins you get the points. Does this help? Anything you use *or buy* after Tuesday starts counting for points.

Darksi, I think it would be anything you gain or use once the new year starts. So, if you use a skein on the breast cancer shawl after the year turns, then it's -2, if you buy more fun stuff, it's +2. It's a completely fresh slate for all of us!!

I just thought I'd clarify this for the newbies so they don't get confused. When you use, give away yarn from your stash you get to add points to your score. +2 for each full skein and +1 for each ball.

When you buy, are gifted with or otherwise receive new yarn, you lose points. -2 for each full skein and -1 for each ball.

If your friend Sally saw a huge bag of yarn at a garage sale and thought of you, then drops it off at your front door. Each skein and each ball would count against your score.

Likewise, if you are going thru your stash and decide to gift a local friend/neighbor or local charity, each skein and each ball adopted out counts towards your score.

Like several others, I don't have nearly the stash that some people have, but I still need some motivation to use what I do have. I will give this a whirl this year.....I just bought WAY too much yarn and I need to get it under control before I buy ANYTHING else. I even had to hide some of it at my Mom's house so DH wouldn't find it!! I think this is becoming a disease.....but if those darn stores would only stop having such good sales on my favorite yarns....

Sara

Just a quicky to say "Happy New Year" and wish you all find the things you seek.

If I bought some yarn on line in 2007, but it hasn't been delivered yet, do I count it in 2008? Sounds silly, I know, but I want to keep a good count.

Just a quicky to say "Happy New Year" and wish you all find the things you seek.

If I bought some yarn on line in 2007, but it hasn't been delivered yet, do I count it in 2008? Sounds silly, I know, but I want to keep a good count.

Whichever way you want to do it. I don't think there are any "stash police" who are going to come bust you for doing it one way versus the other. Personally, I think that if you paid for it, then you already "bought" it so it is "in" your stash; you just can make anything with it yet because it hasn't arrived. Sort of a stash-in-waiting....

Sara

Whichever way you want to do it. I don't think there are any "stash police" who are going to come bust you for doing it one way versus the other. Personally, I think that if you paid for it, then you already "bought" it so it is "in" your stash; you just can make anything with it yet because it hasn't arrived. Sort of a stash-in-waiting....

Sara

:rofl:rofl Unfortunately in my house there are :yarn"stash police":yarn. My DH and probably a lot more people out there think that is their job. :lol:lol

From what I read from last year's. You count it when it arrives in your home. And yes there are no "Stash Police" and maybe it will arrive today.

Archived