2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked a skein into a ball on a baby blanket for my hubby's boss. I finished the blanket, but was trying to crochet a hat or baby booties out of the RH Baby Clouds yarn. I'm failing miserably and that yarn is knotting for me every time I have to frog -- which has been quite a bit. I think I'm just going to give the blanket

For week ending Jan. 7, 2011:

WTD: +1 / YTD: +2

Well.... another trip to Hobby Lobby left me with getting 2 skeins. I mean it was *ONLY* two.. it could have ended much worse hehehe I was thinking of knocking out a ton of scarves but I think I'm going to post now and put all those busting points to next week.

Stashbusting Number for Week Ending 01/08/2011

WTD: -4/YTD -15

Last year I was the first week's Shoot the Moon winner. This year I managed to hold off buying until the second week. :D ACMoore needs to wait a few weeks/ months to have their sales.

WTD -16

YTD -16

I think I'm going to see how much more I can get done before midnight tonight before posting my score. I know I can get at least another skein done... maybe... as long as I resist the temptation to run to Walmart to pick up more black yarn so I can keep working on the current ghan.

I guess I posted too early -- I finished off a skein and a ball of yarn tonight making hats, which gives me a final score (I think, unless I really get to hookin') this week of...

WTD -13

YTD -13

One row on my current Afghan and a scarf using Soy "thread" == only 2 point this week :think, This ball of fingering weight yarn seems to be taking longer than a pounder

Isn't it funny that sometimes the yarn seems to take forever to use up. The simply soft seem to have a lot of yarn in them, compared to the same size RH or other brand.

:manyheart

HUH??:think JoAnns has been sold??:eek:eek

They have?????

working on those cat mats,and using all the left over balls from projects

has really boosted my score this week

wtd + 19 ytd + 37

:yay very good.

I may bust another ball today. Made a bunch of large balls small but haven't busted 'em yet.

wtd= +2 ytd= -1

Yes, JoAnns' has been sold. It was either to a CA or TX company, I can't remember. It's big news around here because the corporate office is here. It's not really surprising - all through the recession they have done really well. I know 4 people who work there. They've always had a reputation of treating their employees well. Hope it all works out, but I've seen enough mergers to worry about what is going to happen.

Archived