2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Weellllll... been at the hospital caring for my mother who is very ill and then home with her too so haven't had much computer time. So, my scores are late but that is ok becuz they were both zeros anyway.

FINAL SCORES FOR WEEK ENDING 1-1-2011:

WTD=0 YTD =0

:hug:hug:hugI hope your mother feels better soon.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have a very big stash but I would like to use it so I have room for more yarn. Please add me to the list.

We always can have a new member. Welcome to the Stashbusting group.

:manyheart

I would like to be included. Do we start with a zero today and work from there? Or do we start with the number of skeins in the project or projects we are working on? I really need to use up some yarn, it's taking over the attic!

Michelle

I would like to be included. Do we start with a zero today and work from there? Or do we start with the number of skeins in the project or projects we are working on? I really need to use up some yarn, it's taking over the attic!

Michelle

Everybody starts with a level playing field of zero!

Great scores everyone! YarnGeek - did you jump into your yarn like leaves in the fall?

:rofl

:cheer you saved my butt!! :hook:lol

Breathe easy, ladies (and gents?); you are all SAFE!!!:lol

Lion Brand Homespun for $2.49 each in my absolute favorite, yet hard to find, color (Cobalt rocks! :2rock) plus other awesome, coordinating, hard to find colors and birthday/Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket......... :drool:devil

*drumroll drdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrd.........*

WTD: -96

*crash, bang!*

When I get to them, they'll make sweet afghans.:D

Michelle

Added you to the list. Welcome to the group!

Each week, we start at 0 on Sunday. Whatever we use up during the week (or buy) gets posted on the WEEK TO DATE SCORE (wtd) and then we keep a running tally on the YEAR TO DATE SCORE (ytd).

On Saturday night, we post whatever we use up (wtd) and the (ytd) score in big numbers like this example. Then our week to date score goes back to 0.

For example only.

WTD=+4 YTD=-2

I hope this helps you out. Any more questions, then pm me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Wrennie

do you know if round cat mats are acceptable?

I have made mmostly square/rectangles. Have done a few odd shapes like circles and a heart matt. Tested the heart matt for here. I asked about the circle, cause I wasn't sure, they said fine.

I've always wanted to do a round ripple, but have yet to find a good pattern that I like. So I'm playing around with doing a straight ripple (?? is that a contradiction or what!) instead using scraps. I've looked at several ripple patterns over the years and decided this weekend to just wing it and see what happens (used up 3 scrap balls). What happens...is a mess! I had good ripples, they just were all different sizes.

But I learned what my mistakes are and I'm starting new with another scrap ball. I should be able to use up a lot of scrap balls now! Plus another 2-3 skeins finishing the mom-in-law's blanket.

I'm knitting a double stranded baby afghan. It seems it takes forever to use up a skein or two on it. And I'm using size 11 needles. Yarn just goes faster in crochet projects. So I finally used up the first two skeins for a +4 for the week so far.

I'm currently working on three different afghans and sometimes it seems to go quickly. Other times, it drags. Of course I have to find the energy sometimes to actually pick up the hook and crochet. But I do love this craft and usually manage to find the energy to use up a little here and there.

I'm currently working on three different afghans and sometimes it seems to go quickly. Other times, it drags. Of course I have to find the energy sometimes to actually pick up the hook and crochet. But I do love this craft and usually manage to find the energy to use up a little here and there.

I know what you mean about finding the energy. even when I feel exhausted after work, I still find myself reaching for the hook and yarn to get even just a little bit done while I'm winding down.

I'm having a blast with this ripple scrap-ghan right now. But I realized that I've already used up most of my small scrap balls! Only have larger sized scrap balls and full skeins left! May have to figure out a project for my full skeins so I can get some more scraps :devil

*hangs head in shame*

5 more skeins joined my stash today *sigh* 2 more for the special olympics scarves... 3 more for a lapghan for my hubby.

DOH!

EDITING: But 2 more skeins used up... so I am getting there... one more skein and I bust my way back to 0 *laughing*

*hangs head in shame*

5 more skeins joined my stash today *sigh* 2 more for the special olympics scarves... 3 more for a lapghan for my hubby.

DOH!

EDITING: But 2 more skeins used up... so I am getting there... one more skein and I bust my way back to 0 *laughing*

Sounds like was for a good cause! I've been making Special Olympics scarves, too.

*hangs head in shame*

DOH!

In my opinion, if you are buying yarn for a particular project, that's not so bad. When you are buying yarn because it's soft, and fuzzy, and pretty, and wouldn't it look great on the shelf at home next to the other yarn??? that's when you start to have a bit of a problem....

In my opinion, if you are buying yarn for a particular project, that's not so bad. When you are buying yarn because it's soft, and fuzzy, and pretty, and wouldn't it look great on the shelf at home next to the other yarn??? that's when you start to have a bit of a problem....

:eek You're supposed to buy it with a project in mind!! Why didn't anyone tell me sooner!:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

:eek You're supposed to buy it with a project in mind!! Why didn't anyone tell me sooner!:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Notice i didn't claim to buy my yarn with projects in mind...:blush:devil:yarn:yarn:yarn

I find, personally, that the yarn just speaks to me..."buy me...buy me..."

:rofl:rofl

The cries from far off are not too bad, they are almost quiet enough to drown out with loud music. But the cries in the stores, when you're walking through and they are following you down the aisles, wrapping around your legs crying "Please, please give me a home. I'll be a good little skein. I won't unravel and make a mess in your home. Please, I just need a nice warm place to show off my beautiful colors for you." ... THOSE are the cries that get you every time!

The cries from far off are not too bad, they are almost quiet enough to drown out with loud music. But the cries in the stores, when you're walking through and they are following you down the aisles, wrapping around your legs crying "Please, please give me a home. I'll be a good little skein. I won't unravel and make a mess in your home. Please, I just need a nice warm place to show off my beautiful colors for you." ... THOSE are the cries that get you every time!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Archived