2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Congrats to all those who busted their stashes! :P It's a good thing I bought yarn last week, since I'm stuck inside today crocheting, due to snow that's deeper than my car bumper. (Aww, shucks! :lol ) Finished off two balls last night, so I'm +2 so far this week. Unfortunately I bought one-pound skeins, so I won't accumulate very many points.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:eekMan,:eek oh Man, :eekoh man! Well, I entered with a bang,:blush now didn't I ! :cheer:cheer:clapCongratulations to all the winners,:clap:cheer and I'll see what I can do to not be the shoot the moon again, hmm!:lol:lol:lol:crocheting:hook:crocheting:hook:crocheting:hook:crocheting:hook:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

I personally want to thank you -- you kept ME from shooting the moon! :hug

I'm game. I fell off the charts last year when my depression took a turn for the worst and I lost interest in crafting all together. Hopefully this year will be better for keeping in the game, though possibly not for keeping in the positives, I'm working at Jo-Ann's now and yarn sales and an employee discount may cause trouble. Luckily I work at the cutting counter and not the crafts department so I don't have to go through the yarn on a daily basis. So long as you guys don't start counting fabric as well as yarn I should be okay. Happy :hook everyone.

I'm hoping to at least break even this week. Our LYS had a big sale, but I was also able to make headway on my sweater, plus I found a home for some scrap balls of yarn.

Added Graceylue to the list. Welcome aboard!

I'm trying to just break even this week. I used up two balls of yarn so I'm now at a -4. Just have to keep going.

:manyheart

Seriously, I think I have a problem .... I mean, "maybe" but probably not *laughing*

My daughter came to me Sunday and said she has lost her purse. She thought she left it in the car but it wasn't there. So that means we had to have left it at one of three places: Barnes & Noble, Olive Garden, or Hobby Lobby.

I called Barnes and OG - both said no. And is it bad I got excited she forgot it and there was a great chance it was at HL?

Not only did I buy 2 skeins on Saturday when she lost the purse, I picked some more up when we went to grab her purse.

I mean - if I didn't "need" the yarn, then it'd be a problem, right... but since I "need" it, it's ok.... right? right.

Seriously, I think I have a problem .... I mean, "maybe" but probably not *laughing*

My daughter came to me Sunday and said she has lost her purse. She thought she left it in the car but it wasn't there. So that means we had to have left it at one of three places: Barnes & Noble, Olive Garden, or Hobby Lobby.

I called Barnes and OG - both said no. And is it bad I got excited she forgot it and there was a great chance it was at HL?

Not only did I buy 2 skeins on Saturday when she lost the purse, I picked some more up when we went to grab her purse.

I mean - if I didn't "need" the yarn, then it'd be a problem, right... but since I "need" it, it's ok.... right? right.

You must have needed it. The 'powers that be' made sure she left her purse there so you'd have to go back for it & yarn!

You must have needed it. The 'powers that be' made sure she left her purse there so you'd have to go back for it & yarn!

What do they say?? Everything happens for a reason...And the reason she forgot her purse is because you NEEDED more yarn. :rofl

This is funny... Glad she got the purse back as well.

:cheer:cheerGot through another skein yesterday!!! I am so glad:cheer:cheer Now. Some of us from church are working on making scarves and blankets for a homeless outreach we will have December of this year and.... one of the gals who used to come to church with us says she has a lot of yarn her mother left her when the mom passed away. She is going to (sometime this year) bring me the yarn. I really need to get lots of yarn used before this happens!!!!!!:lol:lol

Didn't get to crochet at ALL yesterday! :eek:( Eye doctor ended up super dilating my eyes yesterday afternoon to look at a "suspicious" spot so as of right now, my eyes are STILL dilated! Luckily I requested a vacation day for today just in case, so I didn't have to try to drive this morning.

Hoping by this afternoon to be able to crochet again without my eyes screaming at me for looking at something so close lol

(sorry for any spelling errors. Sitting as far back from computer screen as I can to type this lol)

Didn't get to crochet at ALL yesterday! :eek:( Eye doctor ended up super dilating my eyes yesterday afternoon to look at a "suspicious" spot so as of right now, my eyes are STILL dilated! Luckily I requested a vacation day for today just in case, so I didn't have to try to drive this morning.

Hoping by this afternoon to be able to crochet again without my eyes screaming at me for looking at something so close lol

(sorry for any spelling errors. Sitting as far back from computer screen as I can to type this lol)

I'm so sorry! I had to have that done a while ago and it took a good 24 hours for the dilation to go away. It was horrible! :eek

Im working on a blanket that I am sure that I will use up a good bit of yarn. I've already gone through almost an entire skein, and another. But it's a pattern that's in "A Year of Afghans 1997". I eventually want the whole collection of those books.

Im working on a blanket that I am sure that I will use up a good bit of yarn. I've already gone through almost an entire skein, and another. But it's a pattern that's in "A Year of Afghans 1997". I eventually want the whole collection of those books.

Which pattern is it? I think I have that book and I've done a few afghans from it.

If the aim of this forum is to make me buy less yarn, it's not working. I just ordered the yarn for another afghan--Herrschnerr's simple shades afghan. I couldn't resist the blues. But at least it's making me more motivated to do more crocheting and use up what I have.

If the aim of this forum is to make me buy less yarn, it's not working. I just ordered the yarn for another afghan--Herrschnerr's simple shades afghan. I couldn't resist the blues. But at least it's making me more motivated to do more crocheting and use up what I have.

HA! I think the same thing everytime I leave somewhere with a bag of yarn. Granted, I feel like I need to crochet more to use it up so I don't look like a hoarder :P

And I am pretty sure you don't count it until it actually comes... I think....

I will be buying more yarn very soon. I was asked to make something in specific colors, and of course I don't have them...

I finished 3 skeins today. I made a hat of many colors. (I almost finished 2 more skeins, but they'll have to wait for another day.) WTD +6, YTD +38

I'm in! Really need to clean out my stash! Thankfully I don't have to count what I have. LOL At least my DH will be happy and maybe I'll make some money too. I do need some "one skein" ideas though, have a bunch that I don't think will work together very well and they were on sale. :D They are Simply Soft.

I'm in! Really need to clean out my stash! Thankfully I don't have to count what I have. LOL At least my DH will be happy and maybe I'll make some money too. I do need some "one skein" ideas though, have a bunch that I don't think will work together very well and they were on sale. :D They are Simply Soft.

Added you to the list! Welcome! It's a fun group.

As for one skein projects, hats, scarves and other things can be made using one skein. Or mix them together and make granny square blankets.

Just some ideas.

:manyheart

Archived