2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

2011 Stashbusting CAL

A continuation of 2010's game. With the start of the new year, you get to start with zero's for your point score. If you want, keep your 2010 score in your siggy as a reminder to "Do Better".:cheer

If you are new to our very addicting game, here are the rules!

Everyone who's going to join us, put a line in your signature for Stashbusting score. Example: week to date (WTD) +6 year to date (YTD) -14

Post your scores by midnight on Saturday. Shortly after, we'll tally the scores among the other posts. Make it obvious like this

Participants are listed on Post #8

My final score for this week is +12. Put the score in large numbers so that we can spot it easily.

The SHOOT THE MOON winner from the previous week will be responsible for posting the current scores. If the SHOOT THE MOON winner cannot do so, please contact CLLinda as early as possible so that someone else can take this responsibility.

Once a month, we will post YTD scores, so you can watch your progress through the year. It will be at the end of the month. CLLinda will post these scores.

The scorekeeper should post by 8 a.m. Eastern Time Sunday. If it will be posted another time, please notify the group so that they will know when to expect their scores.

Scorekeeping

For every skein of yarn you use up, completely, you get 2 points.

For every skein of yarn you turn into a ball, you get 1 point.

For every ball of yarn you use, you get 1 point.

For every skein of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose 2 points.

For every ball of yarn you buy, receive or inherit, you lose 1 point.

Clarification: A skein is a brand new bundle of yarn which you buy at the store or equivelent, if you wind into cakes. A ball is when you use up half or more of the skein and then have to wind it by hand to prevent it from being knotted.

You will only get 2 points total for any one skein. 2 points if you use the whole thing at once. Or, one point if you are using a partial skein started from another project and then finish it off. Or a point if you start a skein, and use it on a project, then have to store it because the project is finished.

This is an on-going CAL-Feel Free to join at any time!

When you start playing with us for the first time, you DON'T COUNT what's in your stash. For some of us, that would be impossible! You get points when you use up what's in your stash or lose points when you add to your stash. Also, points are counted if you crochet, knit or craft with your yarn.

So Who will be playing this year? The first weekend of posting will be on January 2nd, 2011.

Let's really bust some stash this year.

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am in for this again and if you need help let me know. Thanks for continuing this Stashbusting Cal.

Glad to see that you are back on the list. I will keep it in mind for emergencies.

:manyheart

I'll be in again this year. Kind of fell off the map for awhile when I took a long break from crocheting and just couldn't get momentum going again. Stash seemed to multiple on its own so must try again to get it under better control. See you in 2011.

I'll be back in 2011 to play again and I have very high hopes of having a better score than what was posted for me over the past few years. (see siggy line for details)

Linda, thanks for taking over for Beth. With out this CAL, there is no telling how much stash would be hidden in my house. lol

List of participants so far for Stashbusting 2011:

basjordan

BigPinkPolkaDot

Braxxi

CLLinda

Crafty Witch

cris

cshort

ddc

DesertCrocheter

Dragonpuck

dilyca2006

Dusk Nightshade

Ellie 13

fc1123

Fiberfolly

FrLopLady

Glitterhooker

Gshall

Graceylue

Greyhoundgrandma

JennyT

Kraftnkrazy

Krazycrocheter

lhasaapsolady

MamaBearCRTE

Marzee

MelissaF

Midds

MouseCLP

Needle Arts

PAndrus

Patterncollector

Pineknott

readstar

Sahm2g1b

Saffronangel

secretpassion

Shannart

Shellb37

Shell Lee

Sindrlla

TCarra

tnkycrochetnut

Tracyleigh

Tralee

Twinklesnow

Unicorn37757

Walker1021

Wrennie

yarngeek

Let's get more names on this list! It's a fun, addicting game. Welcome to the new participants. If you have any questions, either pm me, or write a thread and we'll try to help you out.

add me.. add me!!!!!! Like someone posted on the 2010 thread. I always think about what buying yarn is going to do to my score.... then I go ahead and buy it anyway!!!LOL

You're on the list! :manyheart

add me.. add me!!!!!! Like someone posted on the 2010 thread. I always think about what buying yarn is going to do to my score.... then I go ahead and buy it anyway!!!LOL

But we have to buy it!! There are so many patterns waiting to be made and we have to have the yarn ready for when the moment strikes...right?? :rofl

Please add me!!! My hubby thinks my yarn is multiplying on its own now! :rofl

It does! And it also jumps into your shopping cart as you pass the clearance bins.:lol

Welcome to the group.

Well Im not going to play right now because I was given a tooonnn of yarn earlier last week.... Like a 10 gallon bin plus several grocery bags full... I need to buy some more 5 gallon bins.. LOL

Anyhow, as of right now, I've used up 3 balls of yarn, around 1 oz each ball.... what are the point-age of that?

It really does!!! My son told me last night how he was looking for some videos in the spare dresser. Every drawer but one was stuffed with yarn! "oh, and mom, isn't there a big tote or two in the closet with yarn too??" :devil

:bounce I'm in for another year. I can't do any worse, right?:D

Or could I...........?:think

domm domm DOMMMMM!!!!

mwahahahaha!:devil

You are a riot yarn geek :rofl

Well Im not going to play right now because I was given a tooonnn of yarn earlier last week.... Like a 10 gallon bin plus several grocery bags full... I need to buy some more 5 gallon bins.. LOL

Anyhow, as of right now, I've used up 3 balls of yarn, around 1 oz each ball.... what are the point-age of that?

Each ball is worth 1 point a piece so it would be a total of 3 points. This game (thread) doesn't start til next year. Come and join us PLEEEASE! It is so much fun!!! :yes

I assume this doesn't start until January?

You are correct my dear :D

I assume this doesn't start until January?

January 1st will be the first cut-off and the first posting will be on January 2nd (Sunday). I will be doing the posting to start the new year.

We are doing pretty good for sign-ups so far. Remind your 'Ville friends to come and sign up and join the fun.

You didn't know it did that?:rabbit:rabbit:rabbit:rabbit:rabbit:rabbit

January 1st will be the first cut-off and the first posting will be on January 2nd (Sunday). I will be doing the posting to start the new year.

woo-hoo! New years day is a saturday, I can get going right away!

OK ?? time

What the heck is a "The SHOOT THE MOON winner " ?

You didn't know it did that?:rabbit:rabbit:rabbit:rabbit:rabbit:rabbit

woo-hoo! New years day is a saturday, I can get going right away!

OK ?? time

What the heck is a "The SHOOT THE MOON winner " ?

"Shoot the Moon" is the lucky person who purchased (or received) the most yarn during the week. The "reward" for achieving that enviable position is to keep score the next week.

Archived