2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

:hiHELLO! HELLO!:hi Was away from my computer last week, but I'm back and ready to go! (Well, already started, but will post separately.)

PLEASE ADD ME TO THE LIST!:yay

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: +2

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

I added you to the list. Have I missed Anyone? Welcome, Marzee!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used up approximately 2 1/2 skeins on my summer garden flannelghan so far, hard to judge exact just yet as I had to roll each skein into 2-3 balls to fit with the pattern. So once all the balls are gone (should be before this week's score postings) I'll know exactly what I've used.

Need to pick up at least 1 more skein of the rose violet, 2 more of the victorian rose, 1 more dark sage, and 2 more sage. then "maybe" i'll have enough. /sigh. Think maybe I'll wait til after posting saturday to go shopping....

I'm hoping to get through 4 more skeins today and tomorrow.... Unfortunately, I hadn't planned on buying more yarn but a friend gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby yesterday.... so I have to stay out or paint a lot more so I need some more paint and painting supplies LOL

I'm putting in my totals now, so I don't forget over the weekend.

I've managed to use up 2 skeins, working on my leaf pullover (thick yarn), so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +4 YTD +6

:c9 :clap:fame

I hope to get through another couple of skeins over the weekend. My wtd is what I've busted through this week.

I want to thank those that work to put a cal like this together. It really has helped me! I'm competitive and to stand in the store and look at yarn and know it will be detrimental to my score :lol and it helps me control what I do, Have also been going through a study (again) called "The Best Question Ever". The question isn't if it's right or wrong, moral or not, good or bad... the question is...Is it the wise thing to do... grrrrrr :rofl

Soooo....if we buy yarn online do we count it towards the week when we bought it, or the week it actually enters our home? :lol

When you get it from the lovely brown trucks. That's when you count it.

:manyheart

Just a reminder:

When posting your scores, make sure they are in big colorful numbers so that the scorekeeper of the week can see them easily.

I'm glad to see everyone so active this week. Keep up the good work, everyone!

I worship those men in the lovely brown trucks...LOL!

:rofl:rofl

:think:think:thinkMaybe we can get some of those men in brown to do a calendar for us as they stand next to opened packages of yarn??? Just a thought. :rofl

:think:think:thinkMaybe we can get some of those men in brown to do a calendar for us as they stand next to opened packages of yarn??? Just a thought. :rofl

I'd buy a few calendars! Maybe shirtless guys bringing yarn to us women. Kind of like those hunks that pose for the Firemen calendars.....:lol:lol:lol

I'd buy a few calendars! Maybe shirtless guys bringing yarn to us women. Kind of like those hunks that pose for the Firemen calendars.....:lol:lol:lol

I'd buy one. It would be inspirational to look at some of those guys and crochet away imagining one wrapped in one of my afghans. :lol:lol:lol:hook:lol:lol:lol

I had seriously thought about joining in with the stashbusters group here, but then I got gifted - wait for it - wait for it -:eek ten to twelve skeins :eekand 20+ squares :eekof an unfinished afghan that a friend's coworker lost interest in. Do you even know how long it would take me to get into the positive again!?!!!

But yeah, I'd like to join, if I can.

wtd -24 ytd -24

I guess I'll post my totals for the week. I have to take my mother shopping for a dress to wear to my daughter's wedding (it'll be an all day affair)I won't be doing much crocheting.... if any today.

WTD +2

I'd like to place my order please!

I had seriously thought about joining in with the stashbusters group here, but then I got gifted - wait for it - wait for it -:eek ten to twelve skeins :eekand 20+ squares :eekof an unfinished afghan that a friend's coworker lost interest in. Do you even know how long it would take me to get into the positive again!?!!!

But yeah, I'd like to join, if I can.

wtd -24 ytd -24

Why doesn't anyone I know lose interest.? :sigh

I ordered my skein to finish my ripple yesterday. BUT I found a shawl pattern I like here at the 'ville and I have homespun upstairs that I can use up to make it! :yay

Added readstar to the group. Welcome!

Now for my score:

WTD=+12 YTD=+6

Posting early. Busy day. Helping out at the blood drive at church. And then tonight is the Polish Dinner. It is so wonderful. All kinds of polish food, plus entertainment. Can't wait. :)

Being the good stashbuster that I am trying to be, the project started last night is being made from old stash so new stash doesn't have to be bought. YEAH ME!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

However....Michaels e-mailed me a coupon good for Sunday only (from 1 - 7!!). Since yarn is needed for a couple baby afghans and to finished a commissioned scarf, guess who is going to Micheals tomorrow??? YEAH ME!!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

(and if I see any men driving those brown trucks, should I ask them about making a calendar? We already have a lot of takers. :rofl :rofl)

I have been steadfastly deleting all the e-mails I am getting from JoAnns so I don't see any of those sales/coupons. Anyone else disappointed that they've been sold? Always thought of them as one of Ohio's star companies. Anyway, started a scarf for my 2nd son since I made one for #1, even though not sure he will use it. Long way of saying that I am WTD +2, YTD +5

I have been steadfastly deleting all the e-mails I am getting from JoAnns so I don't see any of those sales/coupons. Anyone else disappointed that they've been sold? Always thought of them as one of Ohio's star companies. Anyway, started a scarf for my 2nd son since I made one for #1, even though not sure he will use it. Long way of saying that I am WTD +2, YTD +5

HUH??:think JoAnns has been sold??:eek:eek

Archived