2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Shannon I wish that were true...you see there was that sale at Michaels I posted about?? It has really messed up my numbers. But there is a time for everything...

11 skeins of Homespun, 4 skeins of SS, 4 skeins of Loops and something or other... get this..under $54 for all of it.

So my score now stands at.... drum roll....

WTD -36 YTD -36

hoping to use up a few skeins yet tonight that are almost finished..

My score for week ending January 1, 2011:

WTD: -11/ YTD: -11

I was able to bust out one skein to a ball today making my brother's stocking cap; however, I needed to buy yarn for the 2011 Special Olympics Scarf Project.... oh well - I had to, I'm sure the numbers will go up fast this week as I finish off the scarves.

Ok I worked at getting some skeins used up tonight. I knew I was close on 3 and found another project (yeah I need to be in the WIP bustin cal too :lol ) that I had used up a skein earlier this week...so my final score...

YTD -28 WTD -28

Breathe easy, ladies (and gents?); you are all SAFE!!!:lol

Lion Brand Homespun for $2.49 each in my absolute favorite, yet hard to find, color (Cobalt rocks! :2rock) plus other awesome, coordinating, hard to find colors and birthday/Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket......... :drool:devil

*drumroll drdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrd.........*

WTD: -96

*crash, bang!*

When I get to them, they'll make sweet afghans.:D

Went and bought 5 skeins (-10) used 1 up already (+2) had 3 balls used up (+3)

I want to make some mice, if the cats let me. That may bust a few more small balls of cotton.

I wont be back later to update my score even if I use any. If I update first thing in the am does that count as my first total? Or is it too late?

So far

WTD and YTD is -5

Am I the biggest loser? (Oops, wrong game) :blush

I used up 2 more balls on a snuggle, so my YTD = -3 now. Going to go finish the snuggle soon and use up more small balls.

Wow Yarn Geek, you dug yourself a good deep hole! :) Now the fun of hookinh out of it! That was great price on the homespun tho'. You couldn't pass that one up!

The kids wanted to play Bananagrams last night, so my knitting got put to the side.

WTD=-6 YTD=-6

I can't sleep anymore, so I will be working on the scores next. Good luck, everyone!

:manyheart

Welcome, to the first posting of Stashbusting of 2011. Let's see how we start out the year!

Medal Earning Stashbusting Scores!

Basjordan +30 Gold Medal:cheer:cheer:cheer

Pineknott +18 Silver Medal:cheer:clap:cheer

Walker1021 +14 Bronze Medal :cheer:cheer:cheer

What a way to start the year!

Using up some yarn!

Dilyca2006 +8

tracyleigh +6

Tralee +4

gshall +3

PBLKNP +2

MelissaF +2

lhasaapsolady +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Starting the year out right!:manyheart:cheer:cheer:cheer

Holding Steady!

MouseCLP 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

fc1123 0

Steady is a good thing!:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Got caught in the sales and bought yarn!

Wrennie -3

CLLinda -6

Shell Lee -8

cris -11

saffronangel -17

FrLopLady -28

Aren't sales wonderful?:manyheart:cheer:cheer:cheer

And the first winner of Shoot the Moon is: yarn_geek with a great score of -96. You're it for next week to post the scores.:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:cheer:cheer:cheer:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

...must stay away from sales, must stay away from sales......

And clearance bins, too. That's what gets me in trouble. I see those poor orphan yarns and I have to take them home.:lol

For new members of Stashbusting.

Once the scores get posted on Sunday, then your week to date (WTD) score goes down to Zero. It's a start of a brand new week of stashbusting.

Your year to date score (YTD) is a running tally for the year. That is your current score as the year goes on.

I hope this helps explain more of the game. Good luck to everyone.

And don't forget, the one person who has the highest score for "Shoot the Moon" is the next person to post the scores. The game is a lot of fun. Enjoy.

Yes, I'm going to try to stay away from the sales this year...and all the ads...and all my friends showing off their new yarn purchases...and all the online offers...

:rofl:rofl:rofl

my only defense for being in the negative is that I got yarn in the official colors of the 2011 special olympics scarf project... yea... that's the reason ;)

I've already used up almost 2 of the new skeins so I'm on my way to a better score :P

Missed posting but am still at "0". I purchased 4 skeins as I agreed to being a pattern tester. Thankfully I'm working on a scrap 'ghan doing a little each night before bed. I used up 5 medium sized balls on that, one full skein on a baby 'ghan, and a large ball (frogged from another project) on dishclothes. Will try to go better in posting timely this week.

Linda, great job posting scores!!! It's nice to see so many stashbusters! Thanks for the gold medal! I'm so proud. I hope to stay away from Shoot the Moon, but I doubt you'll see me with such a great score for a long time. It was so nice to have a week to do mostly crochet.:c9

Yarn Geek. I envy you!!! I love new yarn! And finding exactly what you want at a good price when you can afford it... Congratulations! That's worth posting scores once!

Weellllll... been at the hospital caring for my mother who is very ill and then home with her too so haven't had much computer time. So, my scores are late but that is ok becuz they were both zeros anyway.

FINAL SCORES FOR WEEK ENDING 1-1-2011:

WTD=0 YTD =0

Archived