2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK I'm in. I need this I realized I had like 2 tubs plus a couple bags of yarn and I need to go through it.

Just got home and entered your name to our list. Welcome to the group.

:manyheart

Don't forget, everyone. If you were in the game last year, your scores turn back to Zero. in both the week to date and the year to date categories.

My first posting will be on Sunday morning, with a cut-off of Saturday Night, 12:00 midnight.

Welcome to those returning, and the newcomers. It will be a fun game.

Now, who's been hitting the yarn store clearance sales?

Okay, count me in...I'm a glutton for punishment! :devil

I got an OBSCENE amount of yarn for Christmas this year that I'm going to need to work through in the coming months. I know, I say it every year...I have so much yarn now that I can't POSSIBLY need to buy more this year!

:devil:devil:devil

I shall try my best to reduce... :blush:blush:blush

I just lucked out and got 8 skeins of yarn for the price of 4 at Walmart today! 4 of one (varigated "woodsy") and 4 of another (varigated...brights). Both will be used for donation lapghans.

:lol

www.snugglesproject.org

I make little afghans for shelter kitties.

Wow, there's a place just a couple miles from my house that takes snuggles donations. I may have to include some snuggles in with the lapghan stash pile

Wrennie - thanks for posting the Snuggles link. I checked it out too since I would love to do this. There is one listed for Shreveport - I have an e-mail out to them to see if that's a true story and they do still participate. You should start a snuggle CAL.

I woiuld like to join in with some stashbusting this year. I'm not sure how good I'll be at it, because sales resistence and yarn are not concepts that will fit into the same universe, but I'll try. I could crochet all year if I didn't spend another penny on yarn.

I'll make my first post for next week, by the 8th. This week is turning into a total washout for crocheting. I'm spending my crochet time planning projects and organizing the stash a little better. But next week - watch me go!

I didn't get to Michaels today due to snow. I have to work friday now, i was off. So I cant go to the Michaels sale the either. Maybe it'll still be going on saturday. I'll run in then.

Their ads/sales start Sundays and run through Saturdays.:)

Added ddc to the list. Welcome to the group. It's lots of fun!:)

I have to return a couple items to JCPenney today. If I go to the Algonquin store, I have to visit Michael's and JoAnn's on the way back. Now if I go to the McHenry Store, I just have to go to Michael's . Such decisions. :lol

Their ads/sales start Sundays and run through Saturdays.:)
Thanks!

Wrennie - thanks for posting the Snuggles link. I checked it out too since I would love to do this. There is one listed for Shreveport - I have an e-mail out to them to see if that's a true story and they do still participate. You should start a snuggle CAL.

'Welcome.

I am doing my snuggles as part of the Boxing day 2011 CAL. Come play with me there.:cat

Welcome, Tralee, to the group. It's a lot of fun.

Added Tralee to the listing. We are up to 26 players!:)

As for my shopping trip, I picked up three skeins and was gifted two. So will I be the first player of the new year to end up the Shoot the Moon Winner?

So 2011's stashbusting...started this week? i.e. the 8 skeins of yarn I bought yesterday = i'm in the hole bad already? lol. I better get to crocheting!

I thought we were starting Jan 1?

The old game ended and the new one begins Jan. 1. That's when the first posting will be, on Sunday, January 2nd. Keeping the game going so there's no break in between the 2010 and the 2011 game.

So whatever you use up or buy this week, gets recorded on Saturday for the first cut-off of the year. I will be posting the scores early Sunday morning, and then the first winner of the Shoot the Moon will post on the following Sunday.

I hope I answered your questions.

Thanks for clarifying that Linda!

scurrying back to crocheting! started a new lapghan today. Should be able to get at least 1-2 skeins used up on it (out of what i just bought) by the 1st. Plus have another lapghan to finish still (about 5 more skeins into that one) but that'll get done slowly.

Welcome, Tralee, to the group. It's a lot of fun.

Added Tralee to the listing. We are up to 26 players!:)

As for my shopping trip, I picked up three skeins and was gifted two. So will I be the first player of the new year to end up the Shoot the Moon Winner?

Beyond safe. I bought six skeins on Sunday and need to buy another two or three tomorrow for the projects I'm currently working on. Of course, I have about six skeins that are going to bite the dust within a week or so.

:manyheart:yay

I forgot to ask: Do we send you our scores in a PM or what? I know to add it to my sig but how do we tell you about it?

You're going to post it here in the CAL. Make sure it's big and in a different color so that it's easy to spot- something like this:

WTD: +2; YTD: +15

:)

Archived