2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far this week, I've finished one afghan and started another. :hook Since I have this whole week off, my plan is to crochet, crochet, crochet. :crocheting Can't wait to suprise you all with my score. Gonna try my best to keep a positive score this year. :yes Remember, I said TRY :rofl

Unfortunately, my totals probably are going to be goose eggs this week. I've just finished up another Special Olympics scarf, but I still have yarn leftover from the two scarves - I didn't use up the skeins. I'm also trying to make headway with my Granny Stripe afghan, but again, that's multiple colors, so I'm not using up any one skein.

:bang:yell

The old game ended and the new one begins Jan. 1. That's when the first posting will be, on Sunday, January 2nd. Keeping the game going so there's no break in between the 2010 and the 2011 game.

So whatever you use up or buy this week, gets recorded on Saturday for the first cut-off of the year. I will be posting the scores early Sunday morning, and then the first winner of the Shoot the Moon will post on the following Sunday.

I hope I answered your questions.

:manyheart

So if I'm working on a project that uses 4 skeins of yarn and I finish it this week that counts??

hoping hoping...:cheer:cheer

This week is not going so well so far. Used 1 skein, started the next...then had to frog the whole thing!

and the doily pattern I'm using is trying to turn into a bowl instead of a doily, so it's about to get frogged too. I've already had to make adjustments to the pattern a few times to try to keep it from bowling. ah well.

Ok, I'll be the party pooper. I'm afraid I'm going to have to bail out of this challenge before even starting. Too much enthusiasm, not enough memory. I know from other challenges (and life) where I have to keep track of things, actions, etc, as closely as in this - especially if it involves counting, it makes me crazy in a short time. This will only frustrate me.

BUT - I will watch the posts and be cheering you on, and steadily, I hope, whittling away at my own stockpile. This is, however, a great idea and a fun challenge. I'll be with you in spirit -- just not counting!

Also can I get a further clarification on "skein".....I buy the 16 oz balls of yarn....so does that count as 4 skeins?

Nope that's 1 "skein" 2 points in and 2 points out- just takes longer :devil

and don't worry about fluctuating numbers-- sometimes the Shoot the Moon is the next weeks Gold medal winner :think

Also can I get a further clarification on "skein".....I buy the 16 oz balls of yarn....so does that count as 4 skeins?

It is counted as 2 points. Also, the 50 gram skeins are counted as 2 points, so if you use a bunch of those, your points add up quickly.

Added you to the list. Welcome!

ok...thank you.

So we start counting on Saturday right? Nothing I am using up today and tomorrow count right?

It counts for the whole week. We just post the points (positive or Negative) on Saturday night, by midnight. And I will be posting the scores on Sunday morning, after my workout.

ok...thank you.

So we start counting on Saturday right? Nothing I am using up today and tomorrow count right?

It counts for the whole week. We just post the points (positive or Negative) on Saturday night, by midnight. And I will be posting the scores on Sunday morning, after my workout.

Any more questions, just ask.

Just updated mine, but will see how tonight and tomorrow go to get at least back to zip if not ahead! I bought some more yarn for existing projects (which is a vast improvement and did you see that EVERYTHING yarn is on sale at Michaels..self control, self control..is it a wise thing to buy..self control...) and that just isn't like me to do! :rofl

Good to see that people are starting to post scores. I expect a lot of people will be posting later, in this first posting of the year 2011.

Any scores to be posted yet? Let's make this a wonderful year of stashbusting!

:blush I'll have to post later when I get back from Michaels. So far I'm wtd=3, thats gonna fall this afternoon. I better use up some small balls to redeem myself. :yarn

:blush I'll have to post later when I get back from Michaels. So far I'm wtd=3, thats gonna fall this afternoon. I better use up some small balls to redeem myself. :yarn

Good idea. Michael's has a whole lot of yarn on sale. Enjoy.

Archived