2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in again. Didn't do so good in 2010, but I swear I'm going to use some of this up before buying a skein - even though I already have ideas of things I want to do once Christmas is over!

I'm in again. Didn't do so good in 2010, but I swear I'm going to use some of this up before buying a skein - even though I already have ideas of things I want to do once Christmas is over!

Glad to see you back!

:manyheart

your right. I also have yarn I bought for a pattern and don't put the pattern with it and forget what it is for! Lots of yarn down stairs that I need to remember what it was for!!!! :lol this will be part of my challenge for the coming year.

But we have to buy it!! There are so many patterns waiting to be made and we have to have the yarn ready for when the moment strikes...right?? :rofl

which is something that I have gotten go know quite well!!!!!!!:think

"Shoot the Moon" is the lucky person who purchased (or received) the most yarn during the week. The "reward" for achieving that enviable position is to keep score the next week.

boy I'm glad this starts next year. Went to Michaels for a few skeins for a prayer shawl and came back with 8 or 10 :rolleyes :thinking ...

Ok have to ask myself when in the yarn aisle..is it a wise thing to buy... but I seem to forget to ask that when I'm there.

I DID put a few skeins back..does that count??? :lol

I was going to Hobby Lobby tonight and hubby said to remember I would lose points if I bought yarn. :lol

Then I reminded him that I can buy all I want until the first of the year. After all, I have to make sure I have plenty towork with so that I CAN get points for using it up :rofl

I was going to Hobby Lobby tonight and hubby said to remember I would lose points if I bought yarn. :lol

Then I reminded him that I can buy all I want until the first of the year. After all, I have to make sure I have plenty towork with so that I CAN get points for using it up :rofl

:rofl

I went to Ben Franklins yesterday and got 1 skein o yarn & 1 thread. I was so excited that they wouldn't be points against me because its not 2011 yet. Now I'm thinking I should hit upp ALL of the December sales so I have plenty of stash to bust! :ohdear:laughroll

I went to Ben Franklins yesterday and got 1 skein o yarn & 1 thread. I was so excited that they wouldn't be points against me because its not 2011 yet. Now I'm thinking I should hit upp ALL of the December sales so I have plenty of stash to bust! :ohdear:laughroll

Hm...I should build up the yarn stash before 2011 kicks off. Need to replace the big box of yarn I just gave to a co-worker (filled with yarns I don't care for but she likes).

I have a lot of lonely skeins of one color each, that need friends to go with.

I'll try it again this year 2011,it has helped me,not to accumulate excess yarn,but some does get gifted to me

Added you to the list. Glad to see you back.

Don't Forget. The first official posting will be on January 2nd. Cut-off will be on at Midnight, January 1st. Welcome to the group, one and all.

one of my stash busting goals for the coming year is to start making scarves and afghans for our churches homeless outreach next winter. Want to start making them now in order to have many done by then. Wonder if anyone would like to join me and the ship them to me or use them in your own community. If you want to ship them to me I will help with the cost. If this is something that any would like to join in I will start a CAL.

Oh you guys are too much after my own heart!!! :cheer:cheer :hug:hook

Yeeha, add me, I'm in for another year of it.

Added you to the list. Glad to see you are back in the game.

I busted a ball yesterday making Snuggles! Yay me. Picked up an L bamboo hook, my JoAnns FINALLY got them in! Made snuggles with 2 strands of monochromatic yarn. Hey! I should take piccys!

yeah!!! cause I don't know what a snuggles is :lol

OK I'm in. I need this I realized I had like 2 tubs plus a couple bags of yarn and I need to go through it.

:welcome

:dreaming I remember when I only had a couple of tubs and bags of yarn.....:devil

:lol me too!!!!!

Archived