2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

In my opinion, if you are buying yarn for a particular project, that's not so bad. When you are buying yarn because it's soft, and fuzzy, and pretty, and wouldn't it look great on the shelf at home next to the other yarn??? that's when you start to have a bit of a problem....

ummm I seem to have a bit of a problem .... :lol:lol:lol

Working on a babyghan and used up 2 more balls on that and still not finished.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inspired by the many ripple patterns I've tried and failed at over the years. Finally gave up and decided to just wing it with a pattern. One failed attempt over the weekend then it just clicked. This is what I have so far - Its just the beginnings of it, it still has a long long way to go. But I need to work on other projects so that I have scrap balls to use on this one. :heehee

I'm looking at making a queen sized one for the spare bedroom, but still deciding on colors. The bedroom was painted in two shades of blue to go with the beautiful hand-quilted quilt my grandma made for our wedding gift. We also have a rose and cream bedding set that's used in there when we actually have guests sleeping in there (The quilt gets folded up and set aside when someone's sleeping in the bed).

So I'm thinking something in the rose and cream color scheme for a ripple so it can be used by guests with the bedding set. And that leaves the quilt to be showcased on the bed at all other times. Maybe a thin light blue stripe added in to tie in with the walls/decor?

Shell's Scrappy Ripple:

post-44633-135897613175_thumb.jpg

I'm struggling to stay out of LYS. I've been working with some shawl patterns in lace or fingering weight as I need to make a shawl for my daughter's wedding. Yesterday I helped a friend get back on track in a knitted sweater in very fine yarn and that gave me the bug even worse. I will not go to LYS, I will not go to LYS, I will not go to LYS (but I sure want to!).

I only buy yarn with a project in mind when my hubby is with me.... when I'm shopping without him is when the colors and fuzzy fun of yarn really speaks to me.... It is like the yarn knows when I am at my most vulnerable.

:)

And that is a nice lil ripple you have there. It looks very well shaped.

I only seem to buy yarn when TurtleLvr is with me. Me thinks that is because SHE is the one throwing the yarn in my basket. :rofl

She could be! Trying to get you to increase your stash. :lol

:manyheart

This is why I hate taking my husband to Hobby Lobby or Micheals with me. He always says, "But what are you going to DO with it???" I always want to say, "I don't know. The yarn hasn't told me yet!" :lol

Inspired by the many ripple patterns I've tried and failed at over the years. Finally gave up and decided to just wing it with a pattern. One failed attempt over the weekend then it just clicked. This is what I have so far -

It looks very nice!!! I have my first straight ripple (you know what I mean) as a WIM once I knock out a couple of my wip's.... I hope mine turns out as welll as yours is going. Love the colors for the one you have planned for the guest room.

This is why I hate taking my husband to Hobby Lobby or Micheals with me. He always says, "But what are you going to DO with it???" I always want to say, "I don't know. The yarn hasn't told me yet!" :lol

That's a good one. I'll have to remember that.

I'd like to get in on this. I kind of dropped out in the middle of last year, and my stash has grown if anything since then.

I should probably join the WIP buster CAL too. I have so many UFOs floating around, it ain't funny. Quite a few of them were started for CALs on various groups too.

uh oh... my newest project (summer garden flannel-ghan) is using up 6 skeins of yarn currently in the stash... but I'm going to have to go shopping to buy possibly 6 more to finish...

EEK!

At least the scrappy ripples ghan will use up some scrap balls!

I'd like to get in on this. I kind of dropped out in the middle of last year, and my stash has grown if anything since then.

I should probably join the WIP buster CAL too. I have so many UFOs floating around, it ain't funny. Quite a few of them were started for CALs on various groups too.

I'll add you to the list.

Welcome back!

I cannot tell you how much this CAL is helping me. I'm SO aware of what I'm using, what I'm not using, and keeps me moving. I haven't made much in the way of stashbusting the last couple days BUT I plan on having at least 1 skein gone tonight and another 2 by Saturday.

YAY!

This is why I never take my husband yarn shopping with me!LOL:lol

Last week I really busted through some yarn, this has been a very slow week for me. Mom has her chemo treatment today so maybe I will get through at least this skein I have been working on for a few days.

:hiHELLO! HELLO!:hi Was away from my computer last week, but I'm back and ready to go! (Well, already started, but will post separately.)

PLEASE ADD ME TO THE LIST!:yay

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: +2

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

I'm not here Friday through Sunday, so I do my final posts on Thursdays.

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2 / YTD: +2

So I busted two whole balls:

1 RHSS Royal (no yo-yo's cause I ran out and started a skein) on my homeless blanket

post-19794-135897613842_thumb.jpg

and

1 Sugar 'n Cream Lazy Daisy on a dish cloth for a friend.

post-19794-135897613849_thumb.jpg

So I'm off and running!:yay

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: +2

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Oh... I forgot I have to do this soon as well. My son is getting married in June.

Finally finished off a skein today +2 so far for the week.

Well I had to take off 6 points cause I bought 3 large skeins of yarn to do something for my sons coming wedding:eek

Archived